• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Violet Project - CipSoft Reverse Engineering Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Why did you remove 'Death delay' effect, of dropping corpses with delay? I can see there is no such effect in video, this makes impossible to shot 10 more SDS on a person/monster that already died, which I always found amusing :D
as far as I know this was never part of rl tibia, just a side effect of tfs commits

3. I don't recall that monsters in Tibia were not attacking you (melee attack) if you correctly timed floor changing as you do in the movie, on contrary this type, of behaviour was not profitable from the point of damage standpoint, as noted in point 2. Additionally, there is something off with melee attack on your video. These Heroes should hit you much more often than they do when you switch floors.
attack cooldown reset was also tfs bug. Normally monsters should be able to attack you instantly on switching floor, but they still had to respect their attack cooldowns (unless it's some pre 8.x behaviour I'm not aware of)

@pink_panther I also left you an in-game message about ability to move an NPC that goes out of our reach, so I suppose this is also true for players and should not.

@pink_panther I also left you an in-game message about ability to move an NPC that goes out of our reach, so I suppose this is also true for players and should not.

Can you record a video or msg me on discord? I don't fully understand what you mean here.

IF you mean like this, it's correct behaviour. This video is from real tibia, and works with players too.
View attachment LqUTvJ6k3d.mp4

This video does not show the moving I showed you in-game. I mean that we are basically able to move a player that is no longer standing next to us. I do not remember such feature.

This is from the first TVP prototype versions, since then TVP has evolved a lot further and each of your points has already been addressed.
Nostalther is using TVP 7.4 and you may as well try it out over there.
I'm casually trying out Nostalther, I noticed something when going down to Thais Rotworms, shouldn't mobs that are above or below you stay still? I remember this was the case around this version of the game...

Edit: Something else I noticed that didn't work that has like never worked on any ots, is to throw items "outside of screen", for example you have a bag 1 SQM north of you and 5 SQM to south is screen limit, but if you step down 1 step so you see "6th" step, then throw the bag, making character move north and attempt the throw, but never works on ots... It just says "You cannot throw there."

Last edited:
This video does not show the moving I showed you in-game. I mean that we are basically able to move a player that is no longer standing next to us. I do not remember such feature.

I see what you mean now, I've logged this as an issue to fix, thank you <3 Good catch, good dedication.

I'm casually trying out Nostalther, I noticed something when going down to Thais Rotworms, shouldn't mobs that are above or below you stay still? I remember this was the case around this version of the game...

Edit: Something else I noticed that didn't work that has like never worked on any ots, is to throw items "outside of screen", for example you have a bag 1 SQM north of you and 5 SQM to south is screen limit, but if you step down 1 step so you see "6th" step, then throw the bag, making character move north and attempt the throw, but never works on ots... It just says "You cannot throw there."

Monsters not on the same floor should certainly stand still. Where did you notice this to not be the case?

View attachment u4Xe20J6E7.mp4
View attachment lImb4U0tVp.mp4

Do you recall what version the throwing items was from? I remember form tibia v6 you could do this, and you could also do this to shoot runes way off screen, but I don't recall in v7 or 7.4?

I will test this out on my real tibia server though to compare, thank you <3

I see what you mean now, I've logged this as an issue to fix, thank you <3 Good catch, good dedication.

Monsters not on the same floor should certainly stand still. Where did you notice this to not be the case?

View attachment 70007
View attachment 70008

Do you recall what version the throwing items was from? I remember form tibia v6 you could do this, and you could also do this to shoot runes way off screen, but I don't recall in v7 or 7.4?

I will test this out on my real tibia server though to compare, thank you <3
Ok I see, well now that I think about it, someone could have been downstairs and moving...

Edit: About item throwing, surely around 7.2~7.6, I'd be suprised if this was even removed from original tibia rn...

Last edited:
@pink_panther Glad could help!

There is one another thing on my mind, that is spell casting while walking (manually).

Can you compare spamming on hotkey let's say utevo lux together with moving your character. Basically push only two buttons very fast simultaneously and compare it with Zanera & Nostalther.

Spamming the spell like that, Eg if you have a hotkey bound to a mouse key and holding that in while trying to walk will cause you to rubber band and stop stepping. This is true on real server. Map clicking and casting without spamming will continue running though, holding it down will cause you to get stuck. These are real behaviours.

You can msg me on discord, ill gook you up with some extra charge runes or money to buy supplies on Violet.

The real cipsoft server is public.

Client is here: http://vps.tls.id.au/rots.zip

A list of accounts is here: http://vps.tls.id.au/players.zip

All the GM accounts are on account 999, password 999, you can use one of the GMs to spawn monstesr and items.

Common spells are:
alani <town or waypoint or position in 32112,32112,2 format
alevo "item name" in quotes like - alevo "crystal coin" 100
alevo res "monster name" to spawn monsters

spells you might need are:
  1. Get Item - alevo para para
    Get Item - alevo para
    Move - alani para
    Get Experience - alevo cogni para
    Change Data - aleta para
    Get Skill Experience - alevo cogni para para
    Teleport to Friend - alani sio para
    Retrieve Friend - alliber sio para
    Summon Wild Creature - alevo res para
    Banish Account - analiber para para para
    Get Position - aliva tera
    Temple Teleport - omani para
    Delete Account - omana gran liber para para
    Set Namerule - omamo para
    Create Gold - alevo vis para
    Change Profession or Sex - aleta vita para
    Entry in Criminal Record - omisa para para
    Namelock - omana hora para
    Kick Player - omana para
    Delete Character - omana gran res para para
    Banish IP Address - omana vis para para
    Banish Character - omana res para para para
    Get Quest Value - aliva cogni para
    Set Quest Value - aleta cogni para para
    Desintegrate Spell - alito tera
    Levitate Gamemaster - alani hur para
    Clear Quest Values - alana cogni
    Kill All Creatures - alito mas res
    Start Monsterraid - alevo mas res para
    Para means parameter, as in omani "player name

You do not have permission to send messages in this channel.

@pink_panther Thanks.

I'll just leave a note here and shotout to everyone, if you have 70+ ek or palla on a server willing to share for testing purposes, let me know via PM. Thanks!

Common spells are:
alani <town or waypoint or position in 32112,32112,2 format
alevo "item name" in quotes like - alevo "crystal coin" 100
alevo res "monster name" to spawn monsters

spells you might need are:
(...)

funny how obsessed with ultima they were when making this game and how useless a hacked GM account would be for someone who didn't knew these in 7.x times (unless you found them in a spellbook)

In old tibia you could move other players from more than 1sqm away. It should only happen if the push was sent before the player walks out of sqm.

In old tibia you could move other players from more than 1sqm away. It should only happen if the push was sent before the player walks out of sqm.
A video please or it did not happen ;) Maybe in much older versions, certainly not in 7.4.

I would say until 8.6+ it worked like that. I only played rl tibia from 7.72-8.6 and that is one of the main things I remember. In fact it was one of the best ways to pull people from depot because it worked in reverse too.

If you pushed a tile and a player walked into it at the right time it would move them instantly and you could run in. There was like a 1 second window for it to work either way.

I would say until 8.6+ it worked like that. I only played rl tibia from 7.72-8.6 and that is one of the main things I remember. In fact it was one of the best ways to pull people from depot because it worked in reverse too.

If you pushed a tile and a player walked into it at the right time it would move them instantly and you could run in. There was like a 1 second window for it to work either way.

This certainly didn't work in 7.6, have tested this on the real cipsoft server I have running. It simply says it's not possible. I have not been able to replicate.

If you can show me what you mean using this server, I'd very much appreciate it

You can download the client here: http://vps.tls.id.au/rots.zip

GM account is 999/999
Reguar player accounts are under any 3 digit number from 100 to 400

Ok I see, well now that I think about it, someone could have been downstairs and moving...

Edit: About item throwing, surely around 7.2~7.6, I'd be suprised if this was even removed from original tibia rn...
I know for sure the item throwing was possible in 7.6 (this is when I started playing), and I just tested it on RL Tibia and it still works. I’m assuming it’s always been possible, at least from 7.0.

I know for sure the item throwing was possible in 7.6 (this is when I started playing), and I just tested it on RL Tibia and it still works. I’m assuming it’s always been possible, at least from 7.0.
In Tibia it is possible to throw items beyond the screen, there is no limit to how far distance you can throw an item, what stops you from doing so is blocking objects in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back