• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Violet Project - CipSoft Reverse Engineering Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was honestly surprised at the huge differences there are with true Tibia 7.7 in comparison with every other normal 7.7 OT lol, it is harder, much more skill oriented.
I remember killing a level 30-40 sorcerer with 2 hits with my level 8 knight. No mana shield obviously he wasn't expecting it. Double axe only with really high axe fighting. I forgot what it was at but almost triples I would say.

any chance of an 8.0 version too?
The 8.0 TVP is on development, however, it will take a bit to be made since I'm going through some mental issues once again so I cannot dedicate myself 100% to my free time hobbies.

The 8.0 TVP is on development, however, it will take a bit to be made since I'm going through some mental issues once again so I cannot dedicate myself 100% to my free time hobbies.
Remember that you can always pm me senpai to talk about anything. :)

That's no good, hope you sort yourself out.

how much something like that ezzz has made in relation to monsters?.
Related to add skills to monsters and increase attack or defense if the monsters are carrying certain loot.

i think that's a cool feature

how much something like that ezzz has made in relation to monsters?.
Related to add skills to monsters and increase attack or defense if the monsters are carrying certain loot.

i think that's a cool feature
The only thing we've not added because the outcoming result is minimal in under less than 1% change in the output of damage is the skill advance when monsters are attacking.
As in for monsters carrying loot and their armor increase, definitely is implemented, out of all from CipSoft the skill advance is the only thing we've come to decide not to implement since it is pointless, however it can be easily managed to be implemented in within 10 minutes.

The only thing we've not added because the outcoming result is minimal in under less than 1% change in the output of damage is the skill advance when monsters are attacking.
As in for monsters carrying loot and their armor increase, definitely is implemented, out of all from CipSoft the skill advance is the only thing we've come to decide not to implement since it is pointless, however it can be easily managed to be implemented in within 10 minutes.
add that and make it configurable in the config.lua so you can call it 100% copy Sir :3

I have been a long time lurker in this forums, as I was always interested in old tibia emulation but I never had the guts or knowledge to pursue it too hard. I recovered my accounts password with the sole purpose of telling you how awesome this project is. It almost brought me to tears, no joke.

Thanks dude. This is a new benchmark in oldschool emulation

I have been a long time lurker in this forums, as I was always interested in old tibia emulation but I never had the guts or knowledge to pursue it too hard. I recovered my accounts password with the sole purpose of telling you how awesome this project is. It almost brought me to tears, no joke.

Thanks dude. This is a new benchmark in oldschool emulation

@Ezzz is an incredible programmer and friend. He deserves a ton of recognition for this and I hope our project is successful so he can boast about the success and his skill to further his career. I’m sure he will appreciate your praise. 🥺

Updates for The Violet Project 7.4
7.4 version is complete

Monsters now spawn counterclockwise, and the entire spawning structure has been restructured to be that of CipSoft, allowing to set quantities of monsters per spawn.
Screenshot_4.png
Every NPC that sells spells is now able to sell spells based on magic level, including their text messages.
Screenshot_5.png
Monsters can over-spawn like in 7.4 times, following Tibiantis directions for its behavior.
Screenshot_6.png
The Violet Project 7.4 and 7.7 engines are now complete replicas of each corresponding Tibia version.
Special thanks to Panther for helping me over with a couple issues and to the rest of TVP supporters.

Within the next months the first teaser of The Violet Project 8.0 will be released, a full replica of Tibia 8.0 with every single quest, NPC messages, items, etc ... Bringing in unlimited content for many more years to come.

Truly amazing work Ezzz, I mean I even think Nostalrius is good. The time you must have invested into this. What is the plan when it's done? Somebody gonna host it? Are you selling it?

Truly amazing work Ezzz, I mean I even think Nostalrius is good. The time you must have invested into this. What is the plan when it's done? Somebody gonna host it? Are you selling it?
There are a couple friends who have plans on launching it for serious projects although not much information that I can reveal at the time being due to the privacy of their projects.

Hello there!

An amazing project although I have not played Tibia or ots for a very long time, I will be more than happy to login on one of your servers :)

My questions are as follows.

1. Why did you remove 'Death delay' effect, of dropping corpses with delay? I can see there is no such effect in video, this makes impossible to shot 10 more SDS on a person/monster that already died, which I always found amusing :D

2. Back in the old days when I was researching monsters behaviour, they seemed to exert higher probability of spell using on first sight. This was implemented, I believe, to reduce fast floor changing by players. Have you noticed that aswell, or do you think about implementing this?

3. I don't recall that monsters in Tibia not attacking you (melee attack) if you correctly timed floor changing as you do in the movie, on contrary this type, of behaviour was not profitable from the damage standpoint, as noted in point 2. Additionally, there is something off with melee attack on your video. These Heroes should hit you much more often than they do when you switch floors.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
Hello there!

An amazing project although I have not played Tibia or ots for a very long time, I will be more than happy to login on one of your servers :)

My questions are as follows.

1. Why did you remove 'Death delay' effect, of dropping corpses with delay? I can see there is no such effect in video, this makes impossible to shot 10 more SDS on a person/monster that already died, which I always found amusing :D

2. Back in the old days when I was researching monsters behaviour, they seemed to exert higher probability of spell using on first sight. This was implemented, I believe, to reduce fast floor changing by players. Have you noticed that aswell, or do you think about implementing this?

3. I don't recall that monsters in Tibia were not attacking you (melee attack) if you correctly timed floor changing as you do in the movie, on contrary this type, of behaviour was not profitable from the point of damage standpoint, as noted in point 2. Additionally, there is something off with melee attack on your video. These Heroes should hit you much more often than they do when you switch floors.

Best wishes!
This is from the first TVP prototype versions, since then TVP has evolved a lot further and each of your points has already been addressed.
Nostalther is using TVP 7.4 and you may as well try it out over there.

I just logged in Nostalther, and logged back to otland to edit my previous post and you already replied, thanks.

I'm testing so far, beatiful. Just some times monsters seem to stop and not move at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back