• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Violet Project - CipSoft Reverse Engineering Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to feel bad, truly. I actually feel great with how much progress we have made. There's only so much a single mind can think to test, having more unique players gets more things tried and tested. Any bug reports I've received so far have already been addressed. None of the bugs have even been critical, server is stable and none of the issues found have caused crashes. Some smaller tweaks and changes still in thee process of being updated, but you certainly don't need to feel bad. I'll also note that any of the bugs from my servers are also due to changes to downgrade it backwards from the reverse engineered project to 7.4. Nothing can be a true RE of 7.4, because this version of the cip server never leaked.

I work in IT as my profession, am a hobbyist developer and host my servers for fun as a avid old school tibia fan, I just love the nostalgia. My only real goal is to provide a fun experience. I only want you to enjoy this great game as I did.

If you still feel bad, you can make it up to me by playing and enjoying the game and the community.
I'm happy you have not lost faith. But the only thing keeping servers alive is faith in projects and their reputation.
This launch mess is probably the worst i've seen since the days of old Yourots and illusion servers. Even if it gets quickly fixed it sours the reputation. Which is why i felt bad for you. Especially as it's a 1x meaning it's years of dedication you want players to bring. And launches like what you had makes it feel like the old "throw em up for cash rl-maps" that has plagued the community for a decade.

This launch mess is probably the worst i've seen since the days of old Yourots and illusion servers.

What mess exactly? Some servers have crashes and rollbacks on launch. Many other have had server crashes their first day of launch. We had none of that. Genuinely confused.

The only issue we had on launch was the magic level formula, which was corrected in a couple hours. No loss, no rollback, no crashes. No one even lost any magic levels from this, as it was retroactively advanced. Other issues were things i'd consider small and went unnoticed by majority of players, some pvp related stuff that was only picked up by big group of players who were doing a lot of pking on the first couple days.

Any can throw up a copy/paste of some old distro, but that's not what we're doing here. This project is aimed at being a real tibia server, unlike and more realistic. Not just "another ots".

Last edited:
Tibiantis had server crashes their first day of launch. We had none of that. Genuinely confused.
Tibiantis did not have a single server crash, the downtime on the first day was completly unrelated to the software. Considering that the person whom you are answering did not mention Tibiantis at any time, I would appreciate if you were not speaking about our server and things you don't really have a clue about. Thank you.

Last edited:
Tibiantis did not have a single server crash, the downtime on the first day was completly unrelated to the software. Considering that the person whom you are answering did not mention Tibiantis at any time, I would appreciate if you were not speaking about our server and things you don't really have a clue about, unless you want me to start speaking about yours. Thank you.
It’s not fair to drag tibiantis into this, however it is a compliment. Tibiantis until recently was the standard for 7.4 gameplay. Now with the continued development of TVP, you have a group of developers working to ensure the most accurate gameplay possible. It’s only a matter of time before TVP surpasses tibiantis. Already a few bugs on tibiantis were found. Such as the “sorry not possible” when spam pushing. Panthers server had very minute bugs (no crashes) which he was able to patch within 24 hours with the help of Ezzz. With every iteration, it will be more and more complete. Overall the major advantage is TVP is not limited to outdated. code, it supports revscriptsys, as well as cip files

Tibiantis did not have a single server crash, the downtime on the first day was completly unrelated to the software. Considering that the person whom you are answering did not mention Tibiantis at any time, I would appreciate if you were not speaking about our server and things you don't really have a clue about, unless you want me to start speaking about yours. Thank you.

Sorry, not my intention, only going from what you had said in the other post regarding downtime on day one. I hold great respect for you, your team and your work. Tibiantis is a true inspiration.

My real point was that even if there are or were small issues from the start, doesn't mean it can't be changed/fixed and still become something amazing!

Already a few bugs on tibiantis were found. Such as the “sorry not possible” when spam pushing.
You might as well have said that 238745 bugs were founds in Tibiantis. Since you don't even define those alleged bugs, there's no difference.
Whatever do you mean, I suggest you try the same thing on the clean cip engine, then compare to Tibiantis, and then come back to happily announce that Tibiantis is bugged. Until then, you are just talking rubbish.
I'm really looking forward to that, though I'm pretty sure you won't do it for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Definitely not 238745, just a handful. For example when you spam push, tibiantis returns “sorry not possible”. Super small bugs. Bro everyone agrees you run a fucking clean server. No reason to be offended. Tibiantis was the standard for realistic gameplay for what, 2? Years with no competition at all. And you have always provided legitimate information regarding 7.7/7.4 gameplay, I seriously want you to understand you have nothing but respect here. Definitely one of the most respected Otland devs and server hosts.

Definitely not 238745, just a handful. For example when you spam push, tibiantis returns “sorry not possible”. Super small bugs.
Again, please log on the clean cip engine, check whether you don't get the same result, and then come back. That's "one", what's the rest that you use plural form?

Bro everyone agrees you run a fucking clean server. No reason to be offended. Tibiantis was the standard for realistic gameplay for what, 2? Years with no competition at all. And you have always provided legitimate information regarding 7.7/7.4 gameplay, I seriously want you to understand you have nothing but respect here. Definitely one of the most respected Otland devs and server hosts.
Pal, you just said "it's not fair to drag Tibiantis into this" and yet you did that in the very same post. This is the thing.

You claim to have so much respect for us, but your deeds prove it's rather empty words for show. You're gladly copying my posts and gifs, using the knowledge I am sharing, logging on Tibiantis to test things, and saying how much you respect our work. But when push comes to shove, you come to this forum to - without any reason - speak about Tibiantis alleged bugs and crashes, and brag about how it's going to be wiped out by your soon-perfect engine. A bucket of cold water poured onto your over-heated ambitions wouldn't hurt. At least please stop talking about respect, when in the same time you're showing disrespect for both Tibiantis and Ezzz's work by your attitude.

I'm not asking for anything, but be fair. If you say it's not fair to drag Tibiantis into this, then don't drag Tibiantis into this. "Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil."
If you claim there are bugs in Tibiantis, then go to one of our threads and point them out. IF you turn out to be right (which I highly doubt at this point, but sure anything is possible) I will humbly accept it. There's no need to drag neither of us (Tibiantis and Ezzz) into some kind of clash for your own interests or entertainment.

Last edited:
Actually, neither of those values (haste duration) are correct. In 7.4 it was 66 and 44 seconds for haste and strong haste respectively (33 and 22 in 7.7). @Ezzz ; I suggest to check how cip skill timers were made up, there was no raw value but a cyclic counter (check TSkillBase::SetTimer). You may need to correct other spells too. You should not trust tibia wiki about spells duration, cause it is wrong at almost all the spells.

Last edited:
As I thought, Nostalther crashes were all about low memory in the VPS (from 6gb to 10gb), nothing related to TVP, TVP has always been 100% crash free even from all the new systems and changes done.

So this is great news, Nostalther will continue to remain 100% stable like before, and so will every new project that launches using my engine, it's been days without reports of issues or inconsistencies with 7.4 Tibia aside that bed regeneration should be lower in 7.4, 1/4 of what it is right now, so what is next from the trolls? I am waiting for new reports that were missed or that we missed so I can take care of each of them.

so reporting issues to improve your server and to get the facts straight is trolling?
The issues people on Otland were "reporting" had already been reported in discord and FIXED before they even reached these threads. I can't speak for Ezz but I'm pretty sure he's pointing that troll status towards people who call his work bad and a scam when he clearly has and is fixing any issue that has come up.

Furthermore reporting a bug/issue doesn't have to come with LOL OMG THIS IS BAD DONT PLAY THIS etc attitude but that's the sad reality of this community.

so reporting issues to improve your server and to get the facts straight is trolling?
There are positive and negative reporting behaviors, what is posted here is negative and exagerated, nothing that gives positivity or even promotes positive towards someone's work, I should not need to explain this, I guess it's too much for your psychological comprehension level or even a low level of maturity.

There are positive and negative reporting behaviors, what is posted here is negative and exagerated, nothing that gives positivity or even promotes positive towards someone's work, I should not need to explain this, I guess it's too much for your psychological comprehension level or even a low level of maturity.

You're the one exaggerating the detail of you work in order to increase your sales, we're just calling you out. You've been saying your project is a 100% replica for years yet two weeks ago it's scattered with basic bugs? Just keep it real.

You're the one exaggerating the detail of you work in order to increase your sales, we're just calling you out. You've been saying your project is a 100% replica for years yet two weeks ago it's scattered with basic bugs? Just keep it real.
You are the only one who is sad with TVP aside the smallest of bugs that were all fixed and yet 110% stability and crash-free gameplay and you are not even a customer lol, I do not care what you think, my sales aren't going low, they are increasing and the popularity my project is getting is huge because it is worth it, my clients are happy, and they will continue to do so. I dare you make something better than TVP someday, sad that day will never come true...

It's listed in the Nostalther discord change-log but i'll post it here to make you satisfied.

• Some monsters would not re-target.
  • Pushing monsters took shorter time than it should.
  • Monsters walking over fields they were not immune too.
  • Monsters freezing when trying to walk.

And more, reported all in the last 30 days.
Fixed within 24-48 hours? Do you expect testers to test push speed of monsters? Lol

Some of these bugs you cannot find without hundreds of players logging on and trying to break the server.

Literally every server ever has had bugs, the difference here is ezzz fixed the bugs within a very short time frame, what bugs are present now?

Fixed within 24-48 hours? Do you expect testers to test push speed of monsters? Lol

Some of these bugs you cannot find without hundreds of players logging on and trying to break the server.

Literally every server ever has had bugs, the difference here is ezzz fixed the bugs within a very short time frame, what bugs are present now?
Not only that, he's reporting stuff that never happened in TVP nor Nostalther, like that thing of Monsters freezing, or monsters not retargeting, and in the latter they weren't retargeting when someone stepped in their way as they approached their target, they would but only sometimes, something very small and it was patched in like 2 hours after I got the report.

And thus far after this controversy, TVP has been bug report free lol, nothing else has come yet.

The fact that I am in all these trolls mouths and thoughts just shows how important I am to them, we can't please everybody.
Since they have never made anything valuable, the best they can do is spread hate and talk about servers and their bugs but not their quality and goods.

Not only that, he's reporting stuff that never happened in TVP nor Nostalther, like that thing of Monsters freezing, or monsters not retargeting, and in the latter they weren't retargeting when someone stepped in their way as they approached their target, they would but only sometimes, something very small and it was patched in like 2 hours after I got the report.

And thus far after this controversy, TVP has been bug report free lol, nothing else has come yet.

The fact that I am in all these trolls mouths and thoughts just shows how important I am to them, we can't please everybody.
Since they have never made anything valuable, the best they can do is spread hate and talk about servers and their bugs but not their quality and goods.

I just copied the bug fixes from nostalther discord, that pink_panther posted himself. Is he not using your engine?

No, but you do realize what a replica is, right?

Can you name any project at all, ever, that has been 100% a replica of 7.4 OR 7.7 aside from literally running the cipsoft files? It’s common sense that a true replica is a work in progress. The overarching point here is that ezzz has made tremendous strides in creating a pretty fucking good distro, and everytime a server launches using TVP as a base, he gets feedback and improves the distro for everyone.

Can you name any project at all, ever, that has been 100% a replica of 7.4 OR 7.7 aside from literally running the cipsoft files? It’s common sense that a true replica is a work in progress. The overarching point here is that ezzz has made tremendous strides in creating a pretty fucking good distro, and everytime a server launches using TVP as a base, he gets feedback and improves the distro for everyone.
russell westbrook applause GIF by NBA

Even ShadowCores, hosted by OTLand staff itself encountered issues.. but that won't stop people who have never hosted before to claim how easy it is and issue-free it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back