• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mix Tibia 8.0 and browser game. Developer thread

Tubeshop

Reaction score
logo2.png

Whait is Tibia Idle?

Tibia Idle is a mix of classic Tibia 8.0 with a browser game where leveling up is idle. Other activities such as quests, events, and addons are done manually. Experience and other statistics are the same as in real Tibia. Proposition for busy people.

Join beta testing!

stats: x1

Other info:
Now, your character will always be awailable on website, whether on your phone or computer. You'll have a preview into your character's idle hunts. Our world embodies Tibia's golden era in version 8.0, where reaching level 200 was monumental, and level 300 was achievable only by a handful of chosen ones. The game is entirely free, and besides the idle hunt system and new events, it preserves the mechanics of the game you love. The project is long-term and we will add new items and quests as levels are achieved. Now it is classic Tibia 8.0 with famous quests such as POI, Annihilator, etc.

Hunting preview in the browser:
idleHunt.jpg

This is one of the greatest OT ideas I've seen so far, congratz, hope its well executed though.
Do your gear make you exp/h go faster when idle hunting? So you could invest in getting better gear to do better exp/h or gold/h

I'm very pleased to read this. In the current phase, unfortunately, eq has no effect on exp time. This is the first thing I want to update. In its current form, fees are charged for entering the resp, as if you were buying runes and potions for hunting. Stronger monsters also have a required level for idle hunting. Tibia Idle currently works in a basic form which will be developed further. Now I'm focusing on testing and checking the players' interest. If players are interested in the project, I will develop the whole thing. Please check it out and make further suggestions :)

For me it would be cool if I didn't have to log in to the client on my computer

At this time, logging in from a computer is required. In the part where there is the most fun, i.e. quests and wars, it must remain a real Tibia. I would like players, unlike other browser games, to be able to direct their characters in the game world themselves. If you don't do quests and other manual activities, you only need a client to enter the idle hunting room once every 8 hours.

I'm adding it to my to-do list to create an option to enter room idle without entering the game client :)

I just want to play through the browser without using a computer

be careful with using cipsoft sprites in a new game like this. I think there was someone who made an idle game in a similar fashion and put it on app store for ios and android, and used ads etc to generate income. I think cipsoft hit them hard.

I understand one of the reactions is "what is the difference to this and regular OT servers?" and i'll answer with "i have no idea".

otherwise i love it. keep going

I'm very pleased to read this. In the current phase, unfortunately, eq has no effect on exp time. This is the first thing I want to update. In its current form, fees are charged for entering the resp, as if you were buying runes and potions for hunting. Stronger monsters also have a required level for idle hunting. Tibia Idle currently works in a basic form which will be developed further. Now I'm focusing on testing and checking the players' interest. If players are interested in the project, I will develop the whole thing. Please check it out and make further suggestions :)
nice to know. I can see you are just testing the concept but I feel there's so much room for improvement on this good idea.
Post automatically merged:

Some wild ideas I had for this concept:
1. Like I said earlier, rather than a fixed exp/h you could have it as close as possible to a real simulation of your specific character hunting somewhere. So there would be a bunch of parameters to influence the efficiency of the hunt like the gear you wear, your skills, your level, your magic level. This way you could choose to invest gold in buying better gear or doing something else with it.
2. There could be a "risk of death" chance or something like that instead of the restriction of level. So you could potentially hunt stronger creatures than your level if you accept the small % risk of death. Therefore you could have difficult hunts that are high risk + high reward while having other less rewarding hunts with low risks. Stuff like gear, skills would also affect how much risk of death you have and also supplies could affect that too (if you want to spend more cash on supplies and reduce your risk of death you could opt to).

Some even wilder ideas (would require huge effort):
3. Actual simulation of the character hunting, like a bot in a cave, so player can watch it while it hunts.
4. Just like real tibia you could have limited options of hunting grounds, and you would have to compete for the best one (in some sort of pvp challenge perharps). While low-level hunting gruonds could be unlimited, some special high reward hunting grounds could have limitations. This creates competition for hunting spots like Tibia has.

Extra:
5. Add a lot of stuff to do in the actual game outside of exping because it seems 99% of the server is just offline exping and no one is actually actively playing. I see you put some events and this is a good idea but I feel there should be constant dynamic things to do at all times for players so everytime they login they have the option to do some dynamic event/pvp/etc instead of offline exping. Those events would reward the player with more EXP than they would get from exping offline so in the end it would be worth being active.

Last edited:
Today I added a bonus system to idle experience. From now on, your eq affects the speed of experience gained during idle hunting! The next step will be to add a browser login option to make our game more accessible when you don't have a PC within reach.

Join the tests: Tibia Idle (https://tibiaidle.com/)

1713347958313.png

Today I added a bonus system to idle experience. From now on, your eq affects the speed of experience gained during idle hunting! The next step will be to add a browser login option to make our game more accessible when you don't have a PC within reach.

Join the tests: Tibia Idle (https://tibiaidle.com/)

So only these "high-end" items will have a small effect to xp?
I feel it would be much more fun if any eq upgrade made some effect just like it is when you manual hunt. The way it is now its still most loot feels useless sadly, but thats a good improvement anyway, small steps.

Also I wish there was no advantage to manual hunting, I feel it kind of defeats the purpose of the server (called Tibia Idle) if someone can just XP way faster by manual hunts. Maybe manual gameplay should be strict to questing, pvp, etc, stuff like that.

I like to see this game the same way we see games like "Football Manager" if you think about it, its more about resource management, which is still cool, and you can manually do other fun stuff

Manual hunting will be allowed. Not only high class items give a bonus . Medium ones will also add experience bonuses. e.g. items from the Svargrond arena from lvl 50. Vampire shield also adds +1%. Royal helmet is another 1%. High class items such as Demon Helmet, Soft Boots, Stone cutteraxe add 2%.

Idle is to prevent people who don't have much time from falling too far behind the top players. At low levels, subsequent levels progress quickly and the additional percentage bonus has little impact on the time needed to level up. Bonus items are effective from level 70-80. They then have a visible impact on the time needed to reach the next level.

This won't be a 100% browser game. It will be a mix of Tibia and a browser game. The tedious task of exercising can be done idle. The most enjoyable things, such as quests, events and bosses, can only be completed manually via the PC client. What you do manually will have a big impact on idle exp, e.g. what eq you get and whether you complete a quest that allows you to exp idle longer.

Manual hunting will be allowed. Not only high class items give a bonus . Medium ones will also add experience bonuses. e.g. items from the Svargrond arena from lvl 50. Vampire shield also adds +1%. Royal helmet is another 1%. High class items such as Demon Helmet, Soft Boots, Stone cutteraxe add 2%.

Idle is to prevent people who don't have much time from falling too far behind the top players. At low levels, subsequent levels progress quickly and the additional percentage bonus has little impact on the time needed to level up. Bonus items are effective from level 70-80. They then have a visible impact on the time needed to reach the next level.

This won't be a 100% browser game. It will be a mix of Tibia and a browser game. The tedious task of exercising can be done idle. The most enjoyable things, such as quests, events and bosses, can only be completed manually via the PC client. What you do manually will have a big impact on idle exp, e.g. what eq you get and whether you complete a quest that allows you to exp idle longer.
I understand your objective but I feel it defeats the purpose if manual hunting is so much better than idle hunting, at least thats my view on it, because then the "meta" of the game will be manual hunting anyways if you can get extremely far ahead with it compared with idle one, then idle will become kind of obsolete.

I feel the idea of "tibia for busy people" is stabilishing a common ground of competition where one that has many free hours to put in the game won't be too much far ahead. In this model where manual hunting is 15x better than idle hunting, there's no change to this, the folks with bunch of free time will still be much ahead of "busy people", so thats why I feel it defeats the purpose of the concept behind the server.

I think it'd make sense if idle hunting was equally competitive to manual hunting so having free time does not give you as much as an edge. If one wants to manual hunt he would do it purely out of the fun because in fact the XP/h would be similar to idle hunting. This way manually grinding for xp won't be rewarding and you get the expected result where even busy people can feel they are competing, using their few free hours during the week to do actual fun stuff (like quests, boss, events like you mentioned) that might boost their idle XP/h.

Btw like I said I really liked the concept hence I am throwing those suggestion as it picked my interest, hope you understand, thanks for the conversation.

cavebotting is the literal definition of idle hunting, why ban cavebots?

@Bloodbringer

Would require a lot of development, but sure would be fun!

Bots require more commitment than my idle exp. The bot must be set for each repawn separately. you need to have your own computer or use an application that is unpleasant to use in person and is only available on Android. you need to pay a lot of attention to it. not everyone can set up the bot properly.

For me, gameplay is based on obtaining items from quests and boosting your idle EXP. You play 30-60 minutes a day and idle does the rest for you.

I understand your objective but I feel it defeats the purpose if manual hunting is so much better than idle hunting, at least thats my view on it, because then the "meta" of the game will be manual hunting anyways if you can get extremely far ahead with it compared with idle one, then idle will become kind of obsolete.

I feel the idea of "tibia for busy people" is stabilishing a common ground of competition where one that has many free hours to put in the game won't be too much far ahead. In this model where manual hunting is 15x better than idle hunting, there's no change to this, the folks with bunch of free time will still be much ahead of "busy people", so thats why I feel it defeats the purpose of the concept behind the server.

I think it'd make sense if idle hunting was equally competitive to manual hunting so having free time does not give you as much as an edge. If one wants to manual hunt he would do it purely out of the fun because in fact the XP/h would be similar to idle hunting. This way manually grinding for xp won't be rewarding and you get the expected result where even busy people can feel they are competing, using their few free hours during the week to do actual fun stuff (like quests, boss, events like you mentioned) that might boost their idle XP/h.

Btw like I said I really liked the concept hence I am throwing those suggestion as it picked my interest, hope you understand, thanks for the conversation.

Manual players are more likely to choose other servers. I target players who have 30-60 minutes to play every few days. During this time, they can complete quests, beat bosses and take part in events, which is what is most enjoyable. Tibia Idle is the first such project, so it's hard to say before the start what exactly the game will look like. Everything is an open question and will develop over time.

Bots require more commitment than my idle exp. The bot must be set for each repawn separately. you need to have your own computer or use an application that is unpleasant to use in person and is only available on Android. you need to pay a lot of attention to it. not everyone can set up the bot properly.

For me, gameplay is based on obtaining items from quests and boosting your idle EXP. You play 30-60 minutes a day and idle does the rest for you.

Manual players are more likely to choose other servers. I target players who have 30-60 minutes to play every few days. During this time, they can complete quests, beat bosses and take part in events, which is what is most enjoyable. Tibia Idle is the first such project, so it's hard to say before the start what exactly the game will look like. Everything is an open question and will develop over time.
yeah i tought about just making rl map even on 10+ and adding the idle experience + bot like u could use xeno which has scripts with autorefills and what not so one thing would be rewarding players for good scripts they share I even tought if i had all the scripts i could probably merge the OTCbot directly into tfs and then using an module u could choose hunt u want to go and maybe add teleports in the module so u choose amazon camp boom ur in amazon camp stuff like that or better gesior created bots just make the website hook to them (war server by gesior had pvp bots) juts make them attack monsters give them infinite supply and make it more idle like so u have cooldown on your spells and what not and just upgrade your character. you could probably ditch tfs overall and just make it all in php and store all data in php.

I was also thinking about something like you. To make a very easy and friendly bot with support for all mobile systems, but it's too much work and players also have a negative attitude towards bots.

yeah i tought about just making rl map even on 10+ and adding the idle experience + bot like u could use xeno which has scripts with autorefills and what not so one thing would be rewarding players for good scripts they share I even tought if i had all the scripts i could probably merge the OTCbot directly into tfs and then using an module u could choose hunt u want to go and maybe add teleports in the module so u choose amazon camp boom ur in amazon camp stuff like that or better gesior created bots just make the website hook to them (war server by gesior had pvp bots) juts make them attack monsters give them infinite supply and make it more idle like so u have cooldown on your spells and what not and just upgrade your character. you could probably ditch tfs overall and just make it all in php and store all data in php.

I think this would be the "ideal" idle kind of thing, because then you dont need to do custom code for how much you character/gear/etc affects your xp/h because you are already running the "perfect" simulation with the bot, it will naturally kill stuff faster when you have better gear , better skill, etc. But I know it would be very very hard to run this, also assuming you need an individual spawn for each player if you dont want it to get messy (unless you want them to compete in the spawn).
Imagine how fun it could be if the max time you can spend hunting "idle" (botting) in a spawn is defined by how much resource you want to carry with you, and once your resources end, the bot just stops hunting and tp backs. This way you can create an economy gameplay where you decide how much you want to spend in each hunt as each hunt will have a xp/h and gold/h ratio.

Also imo the bot could just teleport to the desired spawn and hunt there, once the timer is finished it just teleports out of it back to temple/dp.

I think this would be the "ideal" idle kind of thing, because then you dont need to do custom code for how much you character/gear/etc affects your xp/h because you are already running the "perfect" simulation with the bot, it will naturally kill stuff faster when you have better gear , better skill, etc. But I know it would be very very hard to run this, also assuming you need an individual spawn for each player if you dont want it to get messy (unless you want them to compete in the spawn).
Imagine how fun it could be if the max time you can spend hunting "idle" (botting) in a spawn is defined by how much resource you want to carry with you, and once your resources end, the bot just stops hunting and tp backs. This way you can create an economy gameplay where you decide how much you want to spend in each hunt as each hunt will have a xp/h and gold/h ratio.

Also imo the bot could just teleport to the desired spawn and hunt there, once the timer is finished it just teleports out of it back to temple/dp.
yeah so there is "cave" generators already in lua no problem sitting players at custom spawns then clearing this part of map you can use rl tibia map and just cut out "area" and spawn players in xyz when they request the script could adjust xyz positions for cavebot via module automatically on teleport. so your bot script would even write itself :)

I just added the ability to log in to the idle hunt via a browser. At this moment we have everything we need to start. The tests will last until May 8 and after that date I will announce the official start date.
I invite you to test: Tibia Idle (https://tibiaidle.com/)

1714128519507.png

Back