• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

(Tibia.com) 4959 Accounts Punished for Cheating

Gregor

Reaction score
What cipsoft write yesterday on news:

Today, we have punished 4959 Tibia accounts for using unofficial software to play in the last couple of weeks. These accounts have been identified by an automatic tool with complete accuracy, therefore any complaints about these punishments are in vain. They are final and complaints will be ignored. We will neither reveal our criteria for these punishments, nor will we hand out any proofs.

For those of you who consider the number of punished accounts to be too low, please note that we will only punish an account if we have solid proof for a rule violation. We know about more cheaters, however, the proof we have gathered so far was not quite enough for a punishment this time. They remain on our list, though.

Rest assured this was not a one time action. The best way to avoid a punishment in the future, is to stop cheating!

As was already stated in January's featured article, we do not want cheating in Tibia and we will continue to develop and improve our automatic detection tool to punish cheaters. We will also work hard on preventing cheating in general.

Play fairly, then the game is more fun for everyone!
Your Community Managers

So damn ******* awesome! :D

I will start playing original tibia once they get rid of the rests.

(On a new world)

Cheats destroyed original tibia, thats why I quitted in the first place.
I started with OT servers, since some OT servers got active GM's, who take care of the server and remove the cheaters.

Thanks god i quit also rl tibia. I would of been one of them.

Rumours saying that there is a certain person here from this OT forum, that has created the anticheating program for CIP. But not sure if they are using that tool now.

If it's possible to track cheaters, then for sure it's possible to avoid this.

Cipsoft didnt ban all cheaters. Yes I know they CAN do it but they won't because a lot of my friends (including me) was online yesterday with a bot and havent got banned. They also can't ban all cheaters. 60% of the Real Tibia Players are logged in with a modified client, means with a bot. If they would ban all cheaters they would loose 60~70% of their players. They won't risk it.

Rumours saying that there is a certain person here from this OT forum, that has created the anticheating program for CIP. But not sure if they are using that tool now.

Radonia had it. So I think we can guess it then:p. Maybe someone who bought Radonia, leeched it:eek:

Haha, I was in fibula rots yesterday and this botting noob died by 3 carrions i got his loot =]

-Crown Armor
-55 Platinum coins
-452 Gold Coins

Well, it doesn't have to be hard for cipsoft to create theirself such tool. I believe such tools, records modified packets sent by the client to their servers. Tbh, one real friend got banned that day, but what it was strange was that he hasn't been banned for 1 month, if not, for 1 month and 3 days, I think its strange.
Back to the topic, lets say first that CipSoft have 50k players online 24/7. Im practically sure that they can ban 25k atleast that are using bot, but they know that they will lose a lot of players if they would really ban everyone who use a bot. Get in mind that Tibia will always be full of boters...

Back