• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Unable to load Items.otb [ Tricky ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runkpapper123

Reaction score
Ellu peps!

error.jpg

So, my problem is stated in the Title, I try to launch my server and this pops up.. And yes, I know that it means my items.otb is a different one from the original or outdated.. But that's what it's supposed to be.
Let me explain..

I bought a copy of TFS 0.4 r3860 from an author, and they are using a different items.otb, they state that the .exe should already be compiled with that items.otb.
I got, with the .rars all the new .dll files, the compiled .exe and the game files.. But one was missing, libeay32.dll so I had to download it from dll-files.com.. Just throwing it out there, dunno if that has something to do with it.

There should not be any big fuss to get the server going, it's an easy procedure to start it because you get all the files etc so u just need to change alittle in config.lua & setting up the mysql database..
But this is the only thing i'm having a problem with.

We use an edited items.otbm. We recommend you to stick with it and use it in the server files and Map Editor.. so your maps are 100% compatible!
Simply replace the items.otb from Gamefiles/data/items into your remeres map editor folder version data.. in this case 8.60
If you get a console error that says that items.otb its not valid
Open your SVN sources.. go to items.cpp and search for this line

Line 189/190 <--- around there
}
else if(Items::dwMinorVersion != CLIENT_VERSION_862)
{
And remove it.. It's that simple.. after removing it.. simply recompile your forgottenserver and done!

This is what it says in the instructions file.
I know that I have to do this, but i have no knowledge when it comes to compiling, I have all the required programs etc but I don't know what to do..
And I have yet not gotten any real support from the author :p

Maybe someone here could help me re-compile the .exe? I have the trunk for this TFS project, all I need is directions!
Or either help me compile the .exe with an original items.otb, instead of their different one!

Thanks!
Regards Runkpapper

Last edited:
You won't get help with unreleased, unsupported private TFS here. However you can get help on Premium Board (you need to be a Premium Member). There is a special thread for compilation requests.

And noone should claim money for being an author. Selling it is legal but there are many authors and the official source is private SVN. You will get access to it when you become Premium Member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back