• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Understanding the new OT

Gunmetalx

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my feet wet again with OT servers. I wanted to try the 10.98 protocol so I started following the youtube video to create a server and website from scratch. When I download Tfs 1.2, does this need to be compiled myself? I'm coming from the days distributions were basically plug and play and then I'd play with the XML or MySQL code afterwards and learn from there. Is this not the norm anymore? Do I need to compile now?

Edit: I see the release is a pre compiled version for windows but when I tried starting the executable to run the server, the command prompt would open and close quickly. Is there any other files I'm missing to at least execute the server? I'm finding alot of steps missing

You should follow this guide to get started with TFS 1.2:

Strange this link isnt working for me

You should follow this guide to get started with TFS 1.2:
After some google searching I found a link that works on my mobile and got on the site. Thank you this one seems to be updated to uniform zero which is where I started getting nervous I wouldnt make it to the end of your video.

I hope you'll be around to help me if i get stuck again. I remember your name from when i had a running server as a kid, and i just wanted to extend my thanks to you.

I think the server had some issues, the link should work on your computer now.
No problem. :) My tutorial is outdated tho, I want to create a new vid soon that is updated for latest version. (But ive been saying this for the past 3 years now :p)

I think the server had some issues, the link should work on your computer now.
No problem. :) My tutorial is outdated tho, I want to create a new vid soon that is updated for latest version. (But ive been saying this for the past 3 years now :p)

Omg please do! Like you've heard 100 times, the first video was great!

As far as clients go. I wanted to do a custom client, i remember i did it once with heiser but now I'm reading about otclient? Is this something I should try instead? My programming langauge is very noobish so I'm not sure if this would be too overwhelming for me.

Yes, OTClient is an open source project we run to build an alternative tibia client for OT where we can customize everything. Even add sounds, custom windows and UI elements etc.

It is very interesting, because after years of development we are actually starting to get to the point where the OTClient is actually better than the original tibia client. Many people are trying it out these days, as much of OTClient is built in Lua. It works well with any OT server.

Getting started with it is still a little bit tricky, its not quite as easy as downloading a client and an IP changer. But I think there are appvoyer builds for otclient just as there is for TFS 1.3, so you can grab the latest compiled version online without having to worry about that yourself.

Back