• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] [7.4] Dura - A Harder Tibia | Massively Customized | New Meta | Long Term | Regular Updates | Never Reset | For Skilled Players

Server Website/AAC
https://dura-online.com/
Server Address
dura-online.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
Been playing this server for a couple of days, and wow this thread was... a read.

Feedback regarding gameplay:
So far I'm enjoying the server, but at present, you've put up an oddly steep barrier to entry. I understand the need to add, change, and expand upon spawns, but right now you've pretty much neutered the options for low level characters... The best spawns for overall hunting tended to favour either low or high levels (such as orc fortress), but now you have spawns for high levels and high levels.

It put me in a weird place when I had substantially fewer options for hunting on main, than I did on Rook. I'm confident this'll level out, but it feels like you put a plateau to the gameplay, right at the point where you're entering it. The advice was 'kill rats or kill Thais trolls', so.. that's what I did.. and to my surprise there were Wild Warriors everywhere, which were too strong for my relative power in the game.

I figured ok ok, I'll try somewhere else, y'know maybe somewhere less crowded... and the boat cost to Edron was tripled? So I killed rats. Lots of rats. I'm not fully sure I understand why beds were neutered either - you've clearly decided that you didn't want people magelogging to create runes, but... why? Beds help to invalidate any need for players to use a bot to rune sit. I get there are free bags that you're giving out, and this just further compounds the 'why' of this.

I am enjoying the play of the server on the whole, compared to CIP's 'new' Tibia. I hope that will continue to be the case, but now this thread brings up some concerns...

Feedback regarding this thread:
1) Nobody should be using the GM outfit (re: the fishing bot accusation). Bots with 'stop on GM presence' functions in them base it on the outfit ID (think it's 76?). Given the custom nature of the client, if you want to give your GMs an outfit, I'm sure that would be more than doable.

2) You really need to make your rules transparent and legible.
Firstly, why do you have one page for rules, and one page for cheating?
Secondly, if you're aware of your playerbase's demographic enough to put in 'other language' chat channels, and even 'other language' Oracles, then it would probably be a good idea to also ensure your rules are on that website in those languages.
And finally, you should not have rules directly at odds with the services you offer (re: gold selling/buying) when you are offering the sale of items to trade premium and 'coins' within the game.

screenshot-2021-03-21-at-17-16-19-png.56604

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 17.19.38.png

Premium scrolls/coin scrolls serve no purpose other than to be traded or given away.

3) I think you guys need to put a little distance between yourselves and the playerbase - that's not to say don't watch, but I think you're making an error in engaging people via voice channels on Discord for unban requests.

4) Reading through a lot of these posts, I'm getting the sense of very principled responses especially with rule violations and 'gathering evidence'. Ultimately you're running a game, not a court room; you should do your best to make the game enjoyable for people, rather than trying to sell the justification for your actions as though it were against a legal litmus test.

You should also be aware that by having 'broadcast ban' enabled, whilst having open channels on Discord, you are openly and willingly inviting that dispute and conflict in.
---

I hope all of this feedback makes sense. I was involved with a lot of OTs many, many years ago, as well as servers for various other games.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 17.16.19.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 17.16.19.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 141 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Been playing this server for a couple of days, and wow this thread was... a read.
Important to keep in mind who’s writing those posts since the reason they’re putting their complaints here is because they’ve been banned from Dura’s discord or had their accounts deleted.

Well yeah it's stupid that GM have GM in their name or using GM Outfits when they want to check botters since every bot got alarm on outfits and name with GM/GOD etc.

Important to keep in mind who’s writing those posts since the reason they’re putting their complaints here is because they’ve been banned from Dura’s discord or had their accounts deleted.
yea thats very important just a little reminder what happened when i once tried to take granadier serious (this was his last "serious" post while arguing)

jy5DPhY.png

since then he just post drinking tea memes

I understand that, but when I look through the site and find 2 separate rules pages, a CM that seemed to have quit, and players throwing out accusations because of voice channel discussions... I'm just saying, there are ways they can make it much easier on themselves.

I was a GM on one of Ryan's Real Tibia OTs a good 10 years ago. One player swore at me, so I teleported to them just to scare them a little. I watched as several people shot a rune spell simultaneously - magebomb. I banned all of the players involved. They then began to harass me, so I escalated it to a deletion. Next thing I know, I had Ryan breathing down my neck for banning donators, and that they'd sent in a complaint and screenshot of my ban, claiming it was unfair, I had no proof etc. Sadly for them, they hadn't closed the bot off; I pointed it out to Ryan and quit.

In that scenario, there was no opportunity to gather evidence, because I wasn't expecting it. And those situations can, will, and do happen. With the current approach, how could you 'safely' ban that?

That's the bigger picture issue I'm seeing. They've put up all of these barriers, seemingly without really understanding why those barriers might have existed elsewhere. And again, issues like the rules not being in other languages, when other texts in the game are.. and they know the demographic well enough to have channels set up for those nationalities and languages.. but then using that as a barrier to rule enforcement because 'what if they didn't understand?'. The actions are a bit at odds with what they want.

If you want to take Granadier seriously
He self-burned himself right there and no reason to listen to him xd

If you want to take Granadier seriously

He self-burned himself right there and no reason to listen to him xd

Self-burn? I’m neither banned from the discord or had my account deleted. You might be thinking of someone else.

Last edited:
xD granadier ur a new meme man

Dura logic:

I will remove acc trading/gold buying because its pay2win but I will still sell scrolls in the shop which u can sell ingame because that's clearly not p2w

This server is a mess caused by admins being influenced by Asylum/Revelry/Ryodan/All In side
Post automatically merged:

Look this

Get muted for calling snowflake/calling granadier a meme

Just want to show everyone it gets worse and worse

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-193743_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-193743_Discord.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 33 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Bumpy ride so far but content and innovation wise it’s great and many tweaks for the better has been made.

With that said and lessons learned it’s time for a fresh server in EU!

So it was discovered you can't break furniture with weapons on the server, and they've removed ALL runes from shops. This means that unless you make a character to make disintegrate runes, or buy them from someone else, if you go down a rope hole with x2 tables/boxes/chairs around it, and you don't have disintegrate runes/magic rope... you're just... stuck.

I reported what is clearly a bug, as in normal Tibia, you could smash furniture with weapons, and the response I got was "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

I'm gonna write two replies to this:
1) If it is seriously a feature, which I highly doubt given this was a common bug on older OT servers, then it is ill-considered. Which would further compound some of my previous issues, in looking at the design choices made by these folks, and call them outright incompetent. Because whilst they've added interesting things like ambushes and elite monsters... they've also made changes that contribute nothing of value - pointless stuff like this. You have essentially created a system where players can make 'fail states' for other players. Weird choice

You can box in:
  • Rope spots
  • Spawns
  • Narrow hallways
  • Temple spawns
(They then decided to ban me as I was setting up a picture to show them the problem with it.)

2) If it's a bug, and you've made up on the spot that it's a feature, it lends credence to my previous criticism that you seem to be acting on principle rather than a practical reality. I'm left very unimpressed by people that lie about bugs being features, and you wouldn't be the first. It shows an active contempt for the playerbase by obfuscating what needs to be done about an issue. I rather suspect this is closer to reality than the first option.

Sadly it seems people in this thread were right. These guys have no idea what they're doing. It's not worth playing here, because the owners and staff are clueless.

Sorry Exotic, I can't give you your items back.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 20.42.07.pngScreenshot 2021-03-23 at 22.06.12.png

In the interest if fairness, they unbanned me. I just don't consider it worthwhile playing if they're fickle and either dishonest about the game design or make bizarre decisions. This whole situation stinks to me of them banning me to avoid making a screenshot that would make an example of how bad their decision making was (I was putting boxes around Thais temple spawn). They would rather cover up the issues than address them.

I did also mail Exotic his stuff back! Thanks Exotic <3.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 22.43.01.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 22.43.01.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 31 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
So blocking a hunting spot is fine, but blocking a temple is prohibited? Nice thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if you can receive a ban for "destructive behaviour" for random pk or lootbag stealing. Recommended OT if you are a "pve only" sheep that don't ask any questions, otherwise gg.

Eh...It's really sad such good idea project have so many problems, mainly cause of people who run it.:/

Turn back few steps Aris, rethink all and implement again. Follow your own rules!!!

not playing dura but i liked the project. but lately i see many negative new about it. and they seem fair:/ Too bad
@assassinho - I think if you visit any server advertising thread above 5 pages you will see mostly people complaining about things they don't agree with, labelling those decisions as "corrupt", calling it dead, calling the admins incompetent, etc. This is just the reality of hosting a popular server. I think that soon after launch, these threads have the very real potential to do more harm than good for the health of a server.
We do our best every day to provide a great gaming experience for our players. I don't expect everybody to agree with every decision made, it's almost laughable to see how things get twisted out of context when posted here. Nature of the beast, I guess.
Unfortunately as a small development team we cannot get to everything as quickly as some people might want.

Guys really you need to chill on banning people for saying monkey or clown, you are worse than all “SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS GETTING OWNED” videos on YouTube, combined
@Helaxo we will not "chill" on racism.
There is no issue with the word "clown" though, I think you mentioned this because somebody got muted for using the word - I think the context of that situation was the guy being generally toxic at the time and needed to be removed from the conversation - I can't recall the full situation, but our discord moderators have the autonomy to act if they believe a situation is getting out of control - it can always be reviewed later.

1) Nobody should be using the GM outfit (re: the fishing bot accusation). Bots with 'stop on GM presence' functions in them base it on the outfit ID (think it's 76?). Given the custom nature of the client, if you want to give your GMs an outfit, I'm sure that would be more than doable.
Well yeah it's stupid that GM have GM in their name or using GM Outfits when they want to check botters since every bot got alarm on outfits and name with GM/GOD etc.
@gloriouscupcake & @Rollern - most of our manual checking is done entirely while invisible and without speaking to the player - thus not triggering any potential bot alarms. We are all well aware of the capabilities of bots and sophisticated macros.

1) If it is seriously a feature, which I highly doubt given this was a common bug on older OT servers, then it is ill-considered.
This whole situation stinks to me of them banning me to avoid making a screenshot that would make an example of how bad their decision making was (I was putting boxes around Thais temple spawn). They would rather cover up the issues than address them.
So blocking a hunting spot is fine, but blocking a temple is prohibited? Nice thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if you can receive a ban for "destructive behaviour" for random pk or lootbag stealing. Recommended OT if you are a "pve only" sheep that don't ask any questions, otherwise gg.
@gloriouscupcake - not being able to break furniture with weapons is part of the danger dynamic of Dura. Danger is, in our opinion, a big part of what made Tibia special at the time. You do not need to agree with this decision and you are free to voice your opinions and opposition, but please try to do so respectfully and without making slanderous assumptions.
@Aczkolwiek blocking anything is generally fine provided that it is reasonably possible to break. The blocked troll spawn in the screenshot above for example - there is a second entrance to that cave on Dura, or disintegrate rune could be used - granted a player might have to ask for help in this regard.
Blocking a temple on the other hand is more problematic in that it can very easily become unbreakable, or unreasonable to break. Our gamemasters have the autonomy to act immediately if a situation arises that compromises the ability for the game to be played, which is why @gloriouscupcake was removed from the game.
This feature may be revised at some stage, but for now it stands as a conscious decision.

Eh...It's really sad such good idea project have so many problems, mainly cause of people who run it.:/
@Lamusini - I am sorry you feel this way - we are working hard every day to provide a high quality game for our players.

Always a pleasure!
Michael

You can say we twist things in this thread but all I see is you twisting things for your own agena in this thread and also in the Dura Discord.

You guys like to call everything racist, everything we do is racist.

There's no free speech in the Dura-Discord and any slight negativity in the things you wrote get removed. Even if you dont use foul language. We had a pretty healthy discussion in the discord, where we say 'fuck' and of course, you get muted.

- You get muted for saying someone is a clown, or saying ''learn english'' which you of course will label as racist.

- You cant post pictures in Dura-Discord about GM Zap Zap making items for players and he forgots them.

- You can get banned for ''massive-pk / destructive behavior'' yet you have added a maximum of 15 frags which will result in alot of pk'ing.

- You have removed the ability to purchase gold via another platform because its allegedly pay2win, yet you still sell scrolls trough the shop which is pay2win aswell and gives a ''unfair advantage''

- There currently is a guild active ''Asylum Legends'' which power abuses random people, mostly people without a guild or lower levels. I've personally seen multiple getting power abused in the forms of getting kicked from spawn (which imo is fine, but then you shouldnt punish other and not punish Asylum Legends).

- You got bugs ingame that get noticed and reported but you will say without shame its a feature and not a bug (e.g: support spells/rune spells 2s exhaust instead of 1s)

- Your client is a goddamn nightmare, you get random debugs troughout your journey. You go up or hunt and you just get a random debug, even whilst PKíng or warring you get debugs (But I suppose its a feature, because you know it makes the game harder)

- Your gamemasters/senior gamemasters (senior gamemasters making items and stuff to show on a counter, and forget about them) they lean towards the Asylum side heavily, because suprise suprise, they are both from Brazil and are friends.

- Your shielding formula is COMPLETELY bugged, like not even slightly bugged, but extremely bugged.

- Your staff is way too close too the game honestly, they interfere with basically every discussion made by players, you seriously have to start distancing yourself from the community.

- MOST of your gamemasters/community managers are full of s**t, they dont know what they're speaking about. You think they do, they think they do, but they dont (please appoint some more knowledgeable staff).

- Please dont add Port Hope, or atleast dont add Banuta, because theres kongra's and sibangs that might be racist aswell.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Your elite concept is a cool concept and brings joy to hunts.
  • The Real M Aid is a cool feature which helps you if you play solo.
  • Theres a pretty neat community all around, many people want to help. New players always get welcomed aswell.
  • There have been some changes to mage which imo is pretty good, they reach their ''im a god'' point much later.
  • You made some good changes to beginner stages with runes, and fluids.
  • The AOL/Bless concept is pretty cool but it need some tweaks.
  • The Quest/Loot feature is cool, especially on dieing theres a possibility for items to break which is cool (in my opinion).
  • The raid system is pretty cool, but some raids need(ed) tweaks, such as the giant spider raid in mines (which have already been tweaked).
  • The exp quests are very cool. Most of them are in hard places and they need teamwork.

Overall, its a good server, but there need alot to be done to stuff; Client / Staff / Community (snowflakes esp.)

On a sidenote though: Maybe in some occasions I went too far with some of my behavior. If it did actually hurt people their feeling, or if in their opinion they thought it was racist, I'm sorry :)

Last edited:
most of our manual checking is done entirely while invisible and without speaking to the player - thus not triggering any potential bot alarms. We are all well aware of the capabilities of bots and sophisticated macros.

most of our manual checking is done entirely while invisible and without speaking to the player
done entirely while invisible and without speaking to the player
while invisible and without speaking to the player
while invisible
without speaking to the player

1616604311337.png

@dutchie1 Mate they have psychic GMs that can check if a player is at the keyboard without interacting with them.

Just to lay it out clearly:
Report can't break furniture with weapons
GM tells me to "use the other doors"
Figure out you could use it on rope spots/spawns to get people stuck
Talk to Aris about it
"It's a feature"
Push furniture to Thais Temple
Get banned, with no interaction from the GM, for 2 years

And given that I updated my post to reflect they had unbanned me, the fact they have the temerity to call me slanderous is just peachy. And I think the thing that really riles me, is they all talk in this political/HR-tone. It's condescending and rude. Their GMs don't even know how to answer Rule Violation reports - they send you a PM instead - because they don't know what they're doing.

When I pointed out you could leave somebody stuck in a hole for an entire server save, they told me to 'expect it, buy magic rope, have friends, or level another character'. This idea of it being dangerous is so, so very stupid. There are other ways to use furniture to trap that requires player input - the old way used to be using field runes on top of furniture to prevent a push. But they think that being able to randomly trap people in a stuck state, because they made a change to the way the game works with literally no reason to suspect it, they have been clever and made it 'hard'.

They think they're making informed and intelligent decisions, but they're just changing random stuff to 'make the game harder', without a real reflection on it. They stopped bed regen to stop people bed mageing for runes, which was a great anti-bot feature. They increased costs of boats and carpets, adding little more than extra inconvenience. They just make random choices, pat themselves on the back, and think that if they use enough 'professional guff' in the way they type, they'll suddenly be good at this.

Bad server. Bad staff. Awful ownership. A confused and idiotic server with little more than 9 months of shelf life. I feel bad for the players putting the time in, they'll just get screwed over when the fickle staff make another dense punitive decision to sanction players arbitrarily.

Last edited:
yea thats very important just a little reminder what happened when i once tried to take granadier serious (this was his last "serious" post while arguing)

jy5DPhY.png

since then he just post drinking tea memes

when peoples start a small discussion about "pvp" in tibia
im scared

I've seen it became Vanilla OT as soon they added autopick up stones LOL... Plenty people got banned cause of that particularly issue... I hope this Beta finishes soon and launch the release in few more months. There has been BIG GAME CHANGES during this phase.

PS.I will suggest adding an EU server when the Beta phase ends.
Yours,
Liro.

I understand that, but when I look through the site and find 2 separate rules pages, a CM that seemed to have quit, and players throwing out accusations because of voice channel discussions... I'm just saying, there are ways they can make it much easier on themselves.

I was a GM on one of Ryan's Real Tibia OTs a good 10 years ago. One player swore at me, so I teleported to them just to scare them a little. I watched as several people shot a rune spell simultaneously - magebomb. I banned all of the players involved. They then began to harass me, so I escalated it to a deletion. Next thing I know, I had Ryan breathing down my neck for banning donators, and that they'd sent in a complaint and screenshot of my ban, claiming it was unfair, I had no proof etc. Sadly for them, they hadn't closed the bot off; I pointed it out to Ryan and quit.

In that scenario, there was no opportunity to gather evidence, because I wasn't expecting it. And those situations can, will, and do happen. With the current approach, how could you 'safely' ban that?

That's the bigger picture issue I'm seeing. They've put up all of these barriers, seemingly without really understanding why those barriers might have existed elsewhere. And again, issues like the rules not being in other languages, when other texts in the game are.. and they know the demographic well enough to have channels set up for those nationalities and languages.. but then using that as a barrier to rule enforcement because 'what if they didn't understand?'. The actions are a bit at odds with what they want.
Dura GMs are stupid, really stupid. I really believe they are not generally malicious or corrupt but damn, they really are stupid. In general the server is run by stupid people. It could be such a great server but they really do not make it look very welcoming.
The GMs constantly make mistakes which leaves items of power and/or significance in players hands and sometimes the players get punished or are scared of punishment of the GMs mistake and sometimes the players get away with it which is bad for the health of the server.
Maybe you'd like to share some thoughts here? How can we discourage botting?