• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
I don't understand your logic.... I had 1800 hp got 1 hit... You had roughly 2500 and someone did max 1000 damage to you and you cry? And idk why you act like I suck at pvp and that your a god because you 1 hit me lmfao god your so clueless talking to you gives me aids.
The 2 others are either geniuses or you are just dumb. Either Way they figured everything out.

@Nikodada @Arcar Zaturum

This was a great moment. I laughed way too hard. Thanks Elijahz for showing me this.

GJxjIIz.png

Is the beta over yet? ...

Is a restart necesary? In my opinion I think so, let me give my opinion's why & the con's of a restart.

- Pro's of resetting
. Major feature's of this server was the Dungeons + Group system - BROKEN
. 200-300 player's online, Most likely 50% of the population are SAME ACCOUNT MC'S, including myself making 300+ archlight tokens per 24 hour's.
. MANY people was able to abuse the level 100 x2 EXP Bonus quest in depot, no telling how many.
. Vocation's are still unbalanced, which should of been taken care of in the multiple betas.
. Rebalance + Refix the "Pay2Win" donation shop.
. Golden Account which is your version of Premium is dull, buy it if you want free entrance to Ramparts + 15% EXP bonus - Which in my opinion, you could of spiced it up, made the Pristmatic bolts + Crystalline arrows sellable at a Golden ACCNT NPC, where is the Premium Trainers? Etc

- Con's of resetting
. Char lover's will more then likely RAGE, possibly quit. But the rebalanced fixing of a server like this is worth more then a few levels.
- Donater's will spam you, asking for refund, possible chargebacks - Just reimburse point's if they come back.

The server after you upgraded to an actual dedicated host, has been amazing besides the thing's listed above.

Do I think a RESET would fix things? Mmm perhaps, I think you guy's need to make a notepad of game changing bug's + features to fix, before wanting to just add feature's that cost money.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Sudden Death Rune - Damage formula for ML increased 20%

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

+40 magic lvls from donor set? That's gonna help

Last edited:
MANY people was able to abuse the level 100 x2 EXP Bonus quest in depot, no telling how many.

full retard mode here but the other points were decent

first of all it's 1.2x exp scroll, will it break server? fucking no. u also said u got mc farm of token boys which means u should be able to get a fucking expboost scroll for ur hunts whenever u need. pretty much everyone has access to expboost scrolls easily it doesn't break the fucking game

and u forgot to mention the biggest thing, the exp share system

in my opinion this server needs restart and donation shop rework also they need a lot more content (spawns, quests)

I've been monitoring this server for a while, I'm going to write what I feel basically...

• Sir Knighter is an owner who cares for the server, yes he can get carried away & be a total idiot (no offence) to you in pm's if he's working but that just shows dedication, and passion in working.
  • this server lacks a team. Yes it had a beautiful team to start with, but they are not technically a team, the scripter stopped for some reason, halfaway is not there 24/7 for sure (he set up their dedicated server & helped w/ the web tho) but overall there is no team ready if there's any problem requiring immediate attention.
  • Yes the server is not perfect, it had quite a "rough" start I guess & sir knighter is not that "experienced" when it comes to handling it (i mean with the technical stuff) but you shouldn't judge the server when it's not even 3 days old yet?
  • A restart would kill the server, it would fall to around 100 players online and then start to decrease slowly, just like an evo server... A re-work is much better tho, it will then encourage people to play more?

This is basically how I feel about this server, overall I think it's quite good tho

while there's lots of issues it's still entertaining, the new spawns was a nice change from poi and we finally succeeded with the 1st rampart before but sadly xemos died :(

I usually try to avoid servers that don't interest me and never comment on anything related to them, but this server is something that caught my eye and I even looked forward to spending a few hours on it to see if it lives up to the awesome original post in this thread and all the features promised there. So I come on otland today and see that the server is up, read up on the thread and check the website... and to my (unfortunate) surprise, Archlight appears to be everything opposite of what was advertised.

Just going to quote some things from this very thread's OP:

"We made ArchLight to fill a need for a professional RPG server."
Technically, any open tibia server is RPG. Subjectively (and speaking in those terms as they're widely accepted), to put it shortly, an RPG server is a story-driven adventure of character development and slow progression - and I think Archlight doesn't come close to that. Perhaps it would be better to advertise it as a mid/high-exp teleport adventure, just to let people know what they're getting into from the get go.

" A balanced server."
I think this is what all of us (ot developers) are striving for, but expecting to have a balanced server with such power gaps between donators and regular players is nothing but silly, not to mention that the spells themselves are somewhat iffy between different vocations in terms of power scaling. I think your donation items, as long as they exist in the current state, will always be a source of many important problems, one of them being this one.

"And a long lasting server."
At the rate things are unraveling over here, Archlight's (at least the first run's) longevity is debatable. I've had the misfortune of having to take down my server multiple times due to stupid mistakes, but a well-deserved restart is super justified if the next release fixes all the problems and provides people with a more pleasant experience. If you do come to a situation where you're thinking about restarting to start on a clean page, do it sooner rather than later.

"Archlight has been developed by a professional mature group, one not here to launch an ot and take it offline 1 month later.
A professional group not here to make outrageous donation items to make a quick buck."

Which is why you can buy super powerful gear for any vocation, and a ton of other tools, gadgets and character perks. Right?
Gosh... looking at your shop system on the website was probably the thing that ruined this all for me. I truly understand how expensive server hosting can be and that you have to provide some kind of a donation/reward-in-return system, but if you ever want to develop a game with less balancing issues, less bad reputation and less problems in general, avoid character-empowering features that can be bought. No matter if they can be obtained ingame at some point too, offering people power for money simply reeks of greed, carelessness and will leave a bad mark on both the developer and the server.

Do you want Archlight's name to remain carved in OT history as "that fun teleport serv we used to play all year long and raid dungeons with our guild" or as "ahh.. you mean that pay2win shit when those 2 donor guys wiped out my guild? **** that".

There is always a better way and probably an infinite amount of things you can offer in return for some humble donations, but those things should never be powerful equipment items and empowering perks.
People should donate out of support for your work and your server, and because they want to help you pay the next month's hosting expenses so they can keep playing - not because they must donate to progress anywhere above the other donators who are super privileged due to their money. You also have to keep in mind that there are people who can't afford to spend money on games. If they had money to spend, they'd most likely be playing paid games that are managed better, are designed better and are more modern, with more features and players - and not a private server of an ancient rpg game that's already in its downfall.
Like... letting people to play until level 20 and then saying "Okay, if you enjoyed it and you want to play more, pay a fee of 10€ and permanently gain access to all features" is more favorable than having super powerful donation sets (in my opinion). Those donations don't allow donators to climb the ladder faster, they allow them to ride the elevator.

Just by analyzing this, you can see how deceitful and hypocritical you sound in that advertisement.
It pains me a bit, just because good custom servers are very hard to come by these days.
I hoped this would be something I could relax playing when I have some free time, but I think I'll be skipping it until some changes are made (if ever).
I sincerely hope you don't take my post as offensive, I'm just trying to point out some things that you could improve, and I'm willing to share some ideas as well, if need be.

I still have hope that you will do the right thing and avert disaster by making some small but necessary changes. The server seems fun to play and it would be a huge pity if it fell apart due to something that could've been quickly fixed at the start. Good luck!

Also, here's a small spelling mistake I found on your website that you might want to fix: The Guardian vocation page has the vocation name misspelled in the title.

• this server lacks a team. Yes it had a beautiful team to start with, but they are not technically a team, the scripter stopped for some reason, halfaway is not there 24/7 for sure (he set up their dedicated server & helped w/ the web tho) but overall there is no team ready if there's any problem requiring immediate attention.
  • Yes the server is not perfect, it had quite a "rough" start I guess & sir knighter is not that "experienced" when it comes to handling it (i mean with the technical stuff) but you shouldn't judge the server when it's not even 3 days old yet?
I'm not a part of this server nor team.
I'm just their server provider, I offer a lag free server and support regarding Linux.

Also helping them with some web-related things.

I would like help the server, becouse I see it got very big potencial :) But how to do it? They don't need any programmer.

As far as donations are concerned I also want to express my opinion regardless if people agree with me or not.

The subscription model (Pay2Play) being my alltime favorite
From my point of view there isn't really any system that comes even close to a subscription model in terms of being fair and efficient, for both, the OTS Hoster/Developer and the player. When speaking of a subscription model, I speak of a pay2play model, meaning after a trial period (of maybe a few days) you get to decide wheter you want to continue to play the server or not. After the trial is over you would need to pay a small monthly fee (about as little as 2€) to continue playing. This small fee however, is overall more effective than a donation store which may generate more income at once but not providing the income as stable over time as a subscription model would. So why is the subscription model fair for both, the developers and the players? Well as far as the developer is concerned they soon neednt worry about covering the server fees anymore and could focus entirely on the servers development and bug fixing aswell as adding new features instead of having to find new attractive ways to let people spend their money in a donation shop. It means a stable income for them and let's them dedicate themselves to the server itself enhancing the gameplay experience of the whole lot instead of having to focus on the donors. And here we are, having finally arrived at the players advantages of a subscription model: First of all there is no donation shop which would bring any benefits or chances of having an "unfair" advantage to non donators. This sets all players to an equal level to start off. However this also strenghtens the social aspect in the game by adding the so called "reputation"-aspect from MMOs which fascinates so many of us when playing these kinda games: What we see is what someone worked for! Who will be the first to complete this awesome addon for himself, to clear the mysterious quest of doom or tame the wild dragon mount everyone has only heard myths of?! Which guild should you avoid, whom don't you rather speak bad of and who is it who will stand at the top? Certainly not someone who donated but someone who worked his way up to the top with his guild and friends, or maybe being known as the solo achievment hunter on the server?! I guess you see what I'm saying here.. Then there is the high likeliness of frequent content updates and fast bug fixes as the developers will be able to focus all their work on you, the subscribers.

Why do I think it is "fair" to ask for a subscription model even if we are talking about an OTS?

--> Simply because you are enjoying something someone else made for you to enjoy by spending his time and money. Spare a mere burger each month and you are good to go for the 2€/month sub model. Don't underestimate people's time and effort spent on an OTS. So if you are enjoying your time there this should be affordable for anyone.

Doesn't this exclude players who want to play for free?

--> Yes, after the trial will have expired it unfortunately does. However I could see this model also working by simply adding a free account whose features would be limited so they could still interact and/or take part in the OTS atleast to the point that they could purchase premium scrolls ingame (like e.g. real tibia). Maybe until then they are sent to some exiled islands where they have access to the market and can purchase a premium scroll to get back into action by entering a premium only portal.

Can you see the potential of lifetime pacc added?

--> Yes, if the price is evaluated to cover atleast about half a months sub fees.

TL;DR:
Pros: Frequent content updates/bug fixes; no benefits for donators as their are none; what you wear is what you worked for (reputation for having addons completed, being a solo beast player or wutever); a stable income for the server; no pay2win overpowered items; you have a trial period to evaluate if the server is worth paying for; small subscription fee to cut anytime if you get bored or the server shuts down without resulting in you having lost any big money; possibly the option to purchase premium scroll from other players in game when being exiled to facc area.

Cons: Free players are excluded from the game completly or limited to a facc island where they have a depot to arrange for a trade for pacc scrolls with other players; you have to pay2play;

The Buy2Play model + cosmetic donation shop

This is to some extent what @Shadowsong mentioned. "Pay 10€ once and enjoy the game with all the features". I can see this model when being combined with a cosmetic donation shop a reasonable option if not going for the subscription model. However I can see the Buy2Play system only be working together with a cosmetic donation shop to generate some extra income. Surely this donation shop isn't really unfair, exept to the exept that players who have worked hard for their mounts/outfit addons are cut of their reputation here. So to speak this system cuts the "reputation" aspect I enjoy so much and has a higher entry fee as it's a one time purchase which makes it my #2 ,if coming with an appropriate trial period, right after the subscription system.

TL;DR
Pros: One time fee to enjoy all features; A kinda stable income for the server but no long time guarantee for it if no new players are joining; No OP donation shop; only pay4mounts/addons.

Cons: Higher entry fee than subscription or free2play+shop; No reputation as far as achieving mounts/outfit addons are concerned (given they are offered in the cosmetic shop); free players are excluded from the game.; you have to buy2play; a bit risky if server shuts down after a few weeks leaving with a slightly higher loss than the sub system.

Free2Play + Donation Shop
This is probably the system the most servers use. The problem here is that servers which go free2play+cosmetic shop are those which tend to die the quickest. The shop(if only consisting of cosmetic items whithout coming with op eq) has quite often not enough appeal to keep people donating. "But they would donate to keep the server running if they like it!" --> I would be glad to see that happen but I have never seen this happen. Imagine a free2play server without a donation shop or with a very fair one displaying a sign "server shuts down in x days if we cant cover the server fees", how many people would donate? Maybe a handful in every tenth OTS if we are thinking quite positive. Most would just quit the server and move on to the next one. So what do OTS owners do, to secure some income? That's right, they offer OP benefits for donators to encourage people to donate. All in all this takes a great deal of challenge from the game aswell as it adds numerous options to be exploited by both server owners (shutting their server down after a week of frequent donations) and players (getting full donor eq having fun a few days then chargeback their money and move on to the next ots).
This system often requires ppl to acctually donate to be able to play which ends up being more expensive than subscription/buy2play system. It takes alot of fun and challenges from the players and doesnt necessarily give the OTS Hosters a stable income.

TL;DR
Pros: "Free2Play"; mostly strong income within the first week of an OTS;
Cons: Risk of servers closing after few weeks of frequent donations; risk of OP Shops; risk of a lack of challenge between players due to the shop; not necessarily stable income for the server owners-->a long servers lifetime not ensured.

Last but not least:
Yes, there are exeptions such as Shadowcores, and probably quite some other projects, but in my opinion the vast majority of servers, especially evos are designed to have a quite unfair free2play system which wants me to rather become a subscriber or buy2play.
And YES! There certainly are people who want to play for completly free and thus it's good for you guys that the choice of servers is vast, that a buy2play/subscription system for OTS probably will never become popular and that we all know that people's opinions differ. This one is mine. I hope you have your own :)

Kind regards,
Damon

Last edited:
Is utito tempo bugged? i get 0 skill lvls when i use and don't notice any damage difference, so i don't see any point in using it. Also the dona axe doesn't seem to give the +8 axe fighting lvls either.

Is utito tempo bugged? i get 0 skill lvls when i use and don't notice any damage difference, so i don't see any point in using it. Also the dona axe doesn't seem to give the +8 axe fighting lvls either.

Utito tempo isnt bugged, it just doesn't work with rage haste.

Back