• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
As far as donations are concerned I also want to express my opinion regardless if people agree with me or not.

The subscription model (Pay2Play) being my alltime favorite

Why do I think it is "fair" to ask for a subscription model even if we are talking about an OTS?

--> Simply because you are enjoying something someone else made for you to enjoy by spending his time and money. Spare a mere burger each month and you are good to go for the 2€/month sub model. Don't underestimate people's time and effort spent on an OTS. So if you are enjoying your time there this should be affordable for anyone.

Doesn't this exclude players who want to play for free?

--> Yes, after the trial will have expired it unfortunately does. However I could see this model also working by simply adding a free account whose features would be limited so they could still interact and/or take part in the OTS atleast to the point that they could purchase premium scrolls ingame (like e.g. real tibia). Maybe until then they are sent to some exiled islands where they have access to the market and can purchase a premium scroll to get back into action by entering a premium only portal.

Can you see the potential of lifetime pacc added?

--> Yes, if the price is evaluated to cover atleast about half a months sub fees.

TL;DR:
Pros: Frequent content updates/bug fixes; no benefits for donators as their are none; what you wear is what you worked for (reputation for having addons completed, being a solo beast player or wutever); a stable income for the server; no pay2win overpowered items; you have a trial period to evaluate if the server is worth paying for; small subscription fee to cut anytime if you get bored or the server shuts down without resulting in you having lost any big money; possibly the option to purchase premium scroll from other players in game when being exiled to facc area.

Cons: Free players are excluded from the game completly or limited to a facc island where they have a depot to arrange for a trade for pacc scrolls with other players; you have to pay2play;

The Buy2Play model + cosmetic donation shop

This is to some extent what @Shadowsong mentioned. "Pay 10€ once and enjoy the game with all the features". I can see this model when being combined with a cosmetic donation shop a reasonable option if not going for the subscription model. However I can see the Buy2Play system only be working together with a cosmetic donation shop to generate some extra income. Surely this donation shop isn't really unfair, exept to the exept that players who have worked hard for their mounts/outfit addons are cut of their reputation here. So to speak this system cuts the "reputation" aspect I enjoy so much and has a higher entry fee as it's a one time purchase which makes it my #2 ,if coming with an appropriate trial period, right after the subscription system.

TL;DR
Pros: One time fee to enjoy all features; A kinda stable income for the server but no long time guarantee for it if no new players are joining; No OP donation shop; only pay4mounts/addons.

Cons: Higher entry fee than subscription or free2play+shop; No reputation as far as achieving mounts/outfit addons are concerned (given they are offered in the cosmetic shop); free players are excluded from the game.; you have to buy2play; a bit risky if server shuts down after a few weeks leaving with a slightly higher loss than the sub system.

Free2Play + Donation Shop

TL;DR
Pros: "Free2Play"; mostly strong income within the first week of an OTS;
Cons: Risk of servers closing after few weeks of frequent donations; risk of OP Shops; risk of a lack of challenge between players due to the shop; not necessarily stable income for the server owners-->a long servers lifetime not ensured.

Last but not least:
Yes, there are exeptions such as Shadowcores, and probably quite some other projects, but in my opinion the vast majority of servers, especially evos are designed to have a quite unfair free2play system which wants me to rather become a subscriber or buy2play.
And YES! There certainly are people who want to play for completly free and thus it's good for you guys that the choice of servers is vast, that a buy2play/subscription system for OTS probably will never become popular and that we all know that people's opinions differ. This one is mine. I hope you have your own :)

Kind regards,
Damon

Are u talkin about Archlight or just talkin about your own perfect server?

Well I guess it's time you make your own ot and use the p2p method. See how that works out ;)
I'm sure you based your idea on the oh so many succesful p2p ots out there... and no doubt you'll succeed.
Maybe you could link them here for us, it's kinda hard to find em...
(There are a lot of the big games that changed their system from p2p to a shop system, it was not just for fun)

I hope you somehow read the posts of this topic cuz there are a lot of interesting ideas here about the itemshop. You don't see a server succeed with a balanced shop, that doesn't mean it can't happen. You gave one example yourself and I can think of a lot more (shadowcores, 2 years 1000+ online players), now where is the example of your p2p server?

These days a lot of servers let you gain points ingame, which can be a relatively fair system (if worked out nicely). For Archlight this could be: after each dungeon survival you get a medal which can be turned into points for the shop. Which gives the players a chance of improving their gear over time. This is just a rough idea & example.

Another thing, I can remember the Premiera servers first editions (they edited the real map: custom spawns on the mainland + custom islands): they had 1-2k players for months. Their shop was also very balanced (addon dolls, frag remover, stamina dolls, soft boots and in later editions also WotE gear). You could get points ingame. Rates were a bit higher compared to the newer editions cuz of the steps to another type of server (war oriented). Who would have thought the server would still release newer versions till today? I think they make profit, not sure ;) ;)

Before you start the flame & rage again, everyone has their own preferences. The trick is to find the golden mid-way.

'edit'

If I were a server hoster myself I'd not want to close my server off to subscribers only. The world is not all about money. And not everyone can pay that weekly / monthly subscription.
Yesterday I helped an older friendly lady (widow) in France (I was there for work), I spend like 4h working in the house (electricity). When I was done she offered me 50eur and I didn't want it. She seemed suprised.

Last edited:
Is utito tempo bugged? i get 0 skill lvls when i use and don't notice any damage difference, so i don't see any point in using it. Also the dona axe doesn't seem to give the +8 axe fighting lvls either.
If you are a zerk use Utani Rage. You get 20 skills atleast xD

Well I guess it's time you make your own ot and use the p2p method. See how that works out ;)
I'm sure you based your idea on the oh so many succesful p2p ots out there... and no doubt you'll succeed.
(There are a lot of the big games that changed their system from p2p to a shop system, it was not just for fun)

I hope you somehow read the posts of this topic cuz there are a lot of interesting ideas here about the itemshop. You don't see a server succeed with a balanced shop, that doesn't mean it can't happen. You gave one example yourself and I can think of a lot more (shadowcores, 2 years 1000+ online players), now where is the example of your p2p server?

These days a lot of servers let you gain points ingame, which can be a relatively fair system (if worked out nicely). For Archlight this could be: after each dungeon survival you get a medal which can be turned into points for the shop. Which gives the players a chance of improving their gear over time. This is just a rough idea & example.

Another thing, I can remember the Premiera servers first editions (they edited the real map: custom spawns on the mainland + custom islands): they had 1-2k players for months. Their shop was also very balanced (addon dolls, frag remover, stamina dolls, soft boots and in later editions also WotE gear). You could get points ingame. Rates were a bit higher compared to the newer editions cuz of the steps to another type of server (war oriented). Who would have thought the server would still release newer versions till today? I think they make profit, not sure ;) ;)

Before you start the flame & rage again, everyone has their own preferences. The trick is to find the golden mid-way.

There was no flame and/or rage in his post at all, if anything his post was a good and constructive one. If any post contains any rage it's the first part of your post here, not sure what you meant to say here. The thing he didn't take into account is that this server is in no way, as already thouroughly described by Shadowsong, a 'true RPG' server. It's simply another EVO with some cool custom features & new vocations. People aren't going to pay a monthly subscribtion for most of these servers, and people want OP donation equipment on these servers, simply because these servers are meant to be easy and fun at higher levels (guess you can argue what one finds fun, but the players of EVO's seem to enjoy it).

If this were to be a true RPG (maybe a bit lower experience rates, no teleports, a story & questline, dungeons etc.) people would be willing to pay for a subscription, especially if it's about 2~5 euro's a month. Anyone not able to afford that to have a month of fun should probably reconsider their priorities in life. Anyway, that's not what this discussion should be about, since this server is in no way a RPG server.

As you said, everyone has their own preferences, you gotta realise that this is just another EVO with some OP donation shop (perhaps the most OP one so far), and we all know how those end up.

What I did was pointing at what I think is the most stable and efficient payment system for any mmo/ots regardless of the fact that there is nearly no subscription MMO running anymore and that there will probably never even be an OTS based on a p2p or b2p system. So no, I can't name you any OTS that has succeeded with this system but the subscription model is indeed what I would love to see. Another example for a MMO that has gone free2play and was using the sub system before is Wildstar. There were alot of things they failed at the launch but after a few months it turned out to be one of my favorite MMOs. Then the free2play announcement came along and I came to realize that even if I keept my subscription (as they still offer it in f2p together with an item shop) I wouldn't have access to anything in the game as I used to have. There are still things in the item shop others will be able to buy with money I possibly can't afford or wanna spend for those things which doesn't mean I may have wanted to own them, too. This was a really sad turn of events for me which resulted in me dropping Wildstar. Surely the F2P Launch will boost/have boosted the player count tremendously but it will just not be the game I remembered it to be no more. I defintly don't know everything right, and I haven't studies game economies what I try to express is a mere overview how I, as a player and former OTS hoster would wish for things to turn out in the OTS scene as I think this may just work out. Then on the other hand it seems foolish to believe a community of a dying MMO will change within the last years to a community willing to pay monthly fees for a private server. So YES, here I am and I still have the same dream and probably am regarding this the very fool myself, but this is just how I see it^^

Kind regards,
Damon

There was no flame and/or rage in his post at all, if anything his post was a good and constructive one. If any post contains any rage it's the first part of your post here, not sure what you meant to say here. The thing he didn't take into account is that this server is in no way, as already thouroughly described by Shadowsong, a 'true RPG' server. It's simply another EVO with some cool custom features & new vocations. People aren't going to pay a monthly subscribtion for most of these servers, and people want OP donation equipment on these servers, simply because these servers are meant to be easy and fun at higher levels (guess you can argue what one finds fun, but the players of EVO's seem to enjoy it).

If this were to be a true RPG (maybe a bit lower experience rates, no teleports, a story & questline, dungeons etc.) people would be willing to pay for a subscription, especially if it's about 2~5 euro's a month. Anyone not able to afford that to have a month of fun should probably reconsider their priorities in life. Anyway, that's not what this discussion should be about, since this server is in no way a RPG server.

As you said, everyone has their own preferences, you gotta realise that this is just another EVO with some OP donation shop (perhaps the most OP one so far), and we all know how those end up.

I saw now it was some other guy that wanted to report me etc. for givin my honest opinion, my bad.

But yeah you summed it up nicely there.

I just know that this server shop system is derped xD

There is just no gear progression for non-donors, which is a bit sad :(

This group hunting stays fun tho! haha

• 17 August 2015 (15:14): Killed at level 297 by Spawn of Hell (soloed)
  • 17 August 2015 (11:11): Killed at level 276 by Radiant Raider (soloed)

Dadfuq he did in 4 hours over 20 lvls. xD

I played this server for a little while but as I knew more about the server and the shop I realized I won't be continuing, I know the server needs some sort of shop to sustain itself but having one with these super over powered items is just damaging and boring (The most OP I've seen in any server I've played and I've played a lot).

Unless the shop items change and there is a decent progression for non-donars I won't be returning.

Your also allowed to bot (not sure if he's even bothered about the server or just wants cash)
14:46 CM Proton [8]: Try xeno bot.

Last edited:
Today we are adding in several things, including more progression for gear for non-donors like mentioned above. You will now be able to purchase 16 new pieces of high tier gear from princess sophia with resistances and skill boosts.

Thank you all for the CRAP ton of HUGE comments. I am currently reading the last half of them.

I appreciate all the detailed feedback from all of you @Shadowsong @Damon

I agree with this, giving non-donators a way to keep up is a good plan.

When I noticed the donation set I had gave %20 resist and +39 magic levels I knew it was going to become a problem.

You might want to think of making "Super Rare Items" that are better than donation items that people can loot somewhere in the game-world.

It's always fun to have some super-rare item that is actually powerful that you worked for.

I know alot of you guys are alrdy 200+ but anyway:
Level 100 :D
GUJ2Vxs.jpg

Hello everyone. I've been on a bit of a personal leave from both the server and my own personal projects/services due to the recent loss of a pet.

I would like to apologize for not being able to work as much as we'd all have liked.

If someone could give me a detailed report on what's wrong with certain things, I can go about looking into the problems. I've noticed a lot of people advertising certain systems as broken (like the find group system) but I haven't specifically seen an explanation of what 'broken' means. I am working with Knighter to find solutions to all the problems and we're already working on solving the dungeon issues so that they can be returned to the server.

Please PM me if you have some specific details about systems and any issues you experience when trying to use them.

//Razor

Back