• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
Thanks, yea i agree, it's not for most, thus why 90% of custom developers left ot community.

No. Custom Developers didn't leave because of criticism. Nor did they leave because it's more work.

Real Map servers are abundant because there's a large community that doesn't want to learn, they want something that's quick to pick up and play. These servers usually revolve around warring with teams, so they don't want to learn about new items or new things, they don't have much time so they bot and war whenever they can actually play.

That's vastly different from the community of players who want something entirely new. I consider myself one of them. The CUSTOM RPG community wants a server that is different. These types of players are usually those who liked Tibia and it's intricacies but are bored of that and want a new experience. Obviously it requires more work, and since the group is smaller, they tend to be more vocal since most Custom servers don't have such high amounts of players. And usually, those players stick to the server for awhile, where as Real Map servers pop up every other week and repeat the same process of botting and warring.

The reason Custom Developers seem few and far between is because the playerbase for Custom OTs doesn't seem worth the work. That's why you only see very passionate people making their Custom Servers, where as anyone can launch a Real Map OT.

But this doesn't mean the way you handled all the criticism and feedback people gave you was the correct way. If you wanted something easy, go make a Real Map server. I can honestly say nothing of value was lost with or without your contribution to the OT community. Not because the server was a flop in most peoples eyes, but because you didn't care to learn from your mistakes and kept repeating them literally every update. And instead of owning up to it, you cry that the players are the reason Custom OTs are dying.

Just my two cents.

No. Custom Developers didn't leave because of criticism. Nor did they leave because it's more work.

Real Map servers are abundant because there's a large community that doesn't want to learn, they want something that's quick to pick up and play. These servers usually revolve around warring with teams, so they don't want to learn about new items or new things, they don't have much time so they bot and war whenever they can actually play.

That's vastly different from the community of players who want something entirely new. I consider myself one of them. The CUSTOM RPG community wants a server that is different. These types of players are usually those who liked Tibia and it's intricacies but are bored of that and want a new experience. Obviously it requires more work, and since the group is smaller, they tend to be more vocal since most Custom servers don't have such high amounts of players. And usually, those players stick to the server for awhile, where as Real Map servers pop up every other week and repeat the same process of botting and warring.

The reason Custom Developers seem few and far between is because the playerbase for Custom OTs doesn't seem worth the work. That's why you only see very passionate people making their Custom Servers, where as anyone can launch a Real Map OT.

But this doesn't mean the way you handled all the criticism and feedback people gave you was the correct way. If you wanted something easy, go make a Real Map server. I can honestly say nothing of value was lost with or without your contribution to the OT community. Not because the server was a flop in most peoples eyes, but because you didn't care to learn from your mistakes and kept repeating them literally every update. And instead of owning up to it, you cry that the players are the reason Custom OTs are dying.

Just my two cents.

Yea i handled it less than perfect. Didn't expect the server to have as many players as it did. Was definitly very overwhelmed.

Thanks, yea i agree, it's not for most, thus why 90% of custom developers left ot community.
I think a lot of the people willing to put the work into custom OTs are just too old to put the time in anymore. The truth is that generally speaking from a monetary standpoint, it is not worth the time/stress to develop a custom server when compared to a standard 8 hour work day. Making a custom server is more for the people who are passionate about creating their own thing and enjoy that aspect more than anything else. Just look at how many half finished custom projects exist on otland... @Flatlander is the main developer for over 50% of them :)

P.S.
,,|,. @Eiffel

I think a lot of the people willing to put the work into custom OTs are just too old to put the time in anymore. The truth is that generally speaking from a monetary standpoint, it is not worth the time/stress to develop a custom server when compared to a standard 8 hour work day. Making a custom server is more for the people who are passionate about creating their own thing and enjoy that aspect more than anything else. Just look at how many half finished custom projects exist on otland... @Flatlander is the main developer for over 50% of them :)

P.S.
,,|,. @Eiffel

image.png

I think archlight is a fun server honestly. It just needs more late game content to keep us going and something to look forward to. Since were stuck right now since we did the 300 quest but cant do anything else since ramparts is too difficult. Just more awesome late game content would be dope. Waiting for Saturday babes.

I think archlight is a fun server honestly. It just needs more late game content to keep us going and something to look forward to. Since were stuck right now since we did the 300 quest but cant do anything else since ramparts is too difficult. Just more awesome late game content would be dope. Waiting for Saturday babes.

<3 thanks. Saturday will have alot. alot. of new high level content :)

P.S.
,,|,. @Eiffel

Yea i try to do my best, but i currently work 40 hours a week in a finance job, also have a gf, and play football. So that's why i have a hard time coming back to people say im greedy/not developing enough when trust me. The money i've made from this project is nothing to brag about. I try to do my best with the crazy schedule I have but people constantly demand More and More content. The beauty of rl maps in an aging ot community.

@Eiffel made some very valid points about the server and its direction. But people are also bound to their own opinion and I wish this server nothing but the best.

P.S.
,,|,. @Eiffel

HEY! I may have 50% of all custom servers ever created half-finished on my PC, but that doesn't mean I have commitment issues!!!

Maybe I just like open relationships and throw myself around evenly between all server ideas!?

I would like to quickly say sorry if i've been rude on this forum to a few of you, particularly @Eiffel @Xagul @Azur Mayne @Destruckto @Flatlander @Snizzle Snap @Weelet @mich3208 not even necessarily rude but perhaps not as understanding and/or unopen to feedback. Truth is I didn't expect the server to be the size it was. I expected 30-40 players at peak. The server I will admit was not setup to handle the 150-200 average/380 on 3rd day in. We had a lot of hard times. For example the first couple days of launch being on a VPS that was simply too small to handle the player amount.. IE by the constant crashes / lag when 300+ were on. We took fast action to remedy this. Other issues such as class balance which were tested but difficult to fully test with an alpha of only 15-30 players. We took action to nerf the donor weapons (some reaching 140 attack. Down to 95).

I can admit, I’m no Ninja, or Cykotitan, or flatlander. I am no where near there level of coder. Im a jack of all trades, I can do a little of everything, but I can’t size up to many on otland’s experience or skill. This is why I have a crew around me that is skilled, and does help with the things I don’t know how to do. The thing I hope you all can understand regarding my lack of taking feedback/lack of implementing all your feedback is that I was receiving 200-250 “ideas” a day. Between 40-50 emails, forum posts, otland posts (least of them all). Along with this I have a full time job (A career job, not like flipping burgers) that demands a lot of my attention/care and many times long weeks, ontop of that I play on a football team (American football) and try to manage a gf at the same time. In other words, the past weeks have been me spending 4-5 hours a night sleeping and dedicating every free minute to this server. And I can assure you. The money is not worth the time, even close, it’s a small fraction. I do it cause I really do enjoy the hobby. The small amount of money just makes dealing with a lot of other shit (not from you guys, but from some other players) and paying the dedicated costs, otservlists insane advertising costs etc plausible.

Anyways my point is. I know I didn’t do everything perfect so far since launch with this server. I know there will be many projects that make Archlight look like a childs product (IE. Ascalon, Flatlanders next server) That will maintain having 300+ players online after 3 weeks unlike Archlight has. I just hope you can understand I’ve put all my love into this project. I really did and have been doing my very best to add content every single day, fix a lot of balance issues, fix as much as I possibly can. Thanks for how understanding many of you have been and I hope to the one’s that I did offend/ignore you can accept this as an apology.

~Knighter

The sad thing is that you can find everyone botting now. There used to be teamhunts etc when the server started, all chats were full of ppl looking to exp in teams.
The teamhunts became one of my reasons to keep playing this server.

If I now ask for a team on chat I get pmed by 4 ppl: omg where do u bot? where is best place to bot here? No I didn't cavebot for one minute to get to lvl 400. Lvling used to be fun, cool and rewarding.

The sad thing is that you can find everyone botting now. There used to be teamhunts etc when the server started, all chats were full of ppl looking to exp in teams.
The teamhunts became one of my reasons to keep playing this server.

If I now ask for a team on chat I get pmed by 4 ppl: omg where do u bot? where is best place to bot here? No I didn't cavebot for one minute to get to lvl 400. Lvling used to be fun, cool and rewarding.

Teams still teamhunt, there were 3 groups teamhunting last night. But the server is more active in late afternoon/evening North american time.

Can i just ask why the fuck you nerfed the xp on tasks when people had already abused it? it is unfair on the rest of the people playing the server, it legit takes 2x as long for those who didn't abuse it 2 now gain lvls. You can't just go and make changes like this after multiple people have abused it dude, seriously who wants to spend 2x as long getting 500+ then what it was a week ago.

Can i just ask why the fuck you nerfed the xp on tasks when people had already abused it? it is unfair on the rest of the people playing the server, it legit takes 2x as long for those who didn't abuse it 2 now gain lvls. You can't just go and make changes like this after multiple people have abused it dude, seriously who wants to spend 2x as long getting 500+ then what it was a week ago.

Just when I was thinking of coming back haha

Back