• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
no page, everything is still down while they finish the update could be a day or two.... on the other hand could still be tonight too :)

Hello everyone. - This is a very long post, but important. If you plan on playing ROA, please read it. If it's too long, idgaf, don't read it then.

I have read everyone’s opinions, ideas, critics and bug findings since the release of ROA and I have taken a lot into consideration. Therefore, I want to thank everyone who has participated in the Alpha test, and hope to see you continue to support this server become the best it can possibly be.

Since the last alpha test, a major update has been in progress and it is almost ready to allow another alpha testing period start. But before that, there are several things I want discuss and everyone to read.

Section 1: Vocation Problem

ROA is designed to have 40 custom vocations which are all unique in their own way. The issue found is, when a player starts, they are not really sure how they want to spec their character, due to not knowing what any of the promoted classes do. Therefore, they would be forced into just promoting blindly into their next vocation.

The solution to this is by giving every starter vocation (sorcerer, druid, hunter and warrior) three spells which are seen to be “teasers” of what their PROMOTED class can do.

For example, the hunter vocation immediately obtains these three spells: Volley, Poison Dart, and Spike Trap.

Volley is a spell “teaser” for the vocation Sniper, which is known its artillery and long distant fighting.

Poison Dart is a spell “teaser” for the vocation Assassin, which is known for its sneaky fighting tactics.

Spike Trap is a spell “teaser” for the vocation Rogue, which is known for using utility items in battle.

By allowing players being able to see these “teaser” spells, they can get a taste of what their next promoted vocation can do and see exactly what kind of play-style their next promoted vocation has. This way they will be able to try out each type of play-style from level 8-49 and see exactly what type of play-style suits them the best before promoting.

Once promoted, you will keep all of your starting spells, but based on your choice of promotion, one of your spells will be UPGRADED and you will learn more unique spells which are only able to be used by that certain vocation.

Section 2: Lumberjacking System

Another major issue attended was the Lumberjacking system. No matter what was thought of, planned or brainstormed, if a player really wanted to, he would be able to bot a character who would cut down trees all day in order to obtain tokens to buy Tier 1 equipment.

Since then, my only option was to completely REMOVE the lumberjacking system. It is no longer available to obtain tier 1 items through cutting down trees and it is ONLY possible through quests and monster loot.

Section 3: New Monster Loot System
Another topic up for discussion is the new monster loot system being implemented.

Just an FYI, during the last alpha test, all monster loot was not correctly working and items that were dropping were not accurate at all.

But besides that, a big issue that was seen was how fast people were able to obtain gold. Gold is and should be considered a valuable product. If everyone has 500k-1MIL in the first three days of release, that really deflates the value of money, making it not trade-able and basically useless from that point on. In a majority of OT’s, money is not seen to have a major use at all past the starting levels, which is not what I want for ROA. Being rich should actually make you feel like your on top of your game. You should be able to spend your money accordingly and possibly be ahead of other players for having that type of an advantage where you can buy more runes, potions and supplies in general.

All this has led to the creation of a new monster loot system. From now on, every single monster in the OT will no longer drop ANYTHING besides a creature product. Monsters won't always drop a creature product and the value of creature products will go higher and higher for the harder the monster you fight. This way, a level 8 can’t bot or hunt rotworms all day, 24/7, and obtain 1mil gold from loot. He will only be able to loot the creature products, (which have much more cap then gold) and don’t sell for much since the monster isn't a high tiered monster.

All creature products can be sold to a local town NPC for money. Also, I've decided to completely remove food and all players will automatically receive hp/mp regen all the time. It just eliminates the nuisance of just having to click food every 120 seconds.

Section 4: New Way To Obtain Tier 1

Another topic up for discussion is the method in obtaining tier equipment. As stated above, the only way to obtain tier equipment is by quests and monster loot. But normal monsters won’t be dropping them since I just explained how they only drop creature products. Therefore, the only monsters which will be dropping the tier equipment are boss monsters and the new implemented, Mini Boss monsters.

For almost every group type of monster, if you kill them consecutively enough, they will have a chance to “refuse to die” and reborn themselves into a Mini boss monster.

For example, if you are in the sewers and you are consecutively killing rotworms, chances are, one of them will refuse to die and reborn into a more stronger carrion worm, which does more dps and has much more health. These Mini Boss monsters have a chance of dropping every type of tier 1 piece, including weapons.

Not only does this affect botters, since they won’t know when a monster will reborn but it could potentially cause tension between players since Mini Boss monsters make an announcement to anyone close to its radius of spawn that he has been summoned. This could cause other people rushing towards you to kill it since it’s the best source of tier equipment.

I could talk endlessly and on for days about the new updates coming up but I`ll have to stop it here for now since the post is getting too long. If you would like to be able to see some of the new spells implemented, goto my website and check it out. I will explain what each spell does in another post, do not assume you know what each spell does based off the picture.

ATTENTION: Names for vocations and the starter spells may CHANGE by the time alpha is released.

Last edited:
@Heartless

I seriously can't wait for the update. This is going to be very exciting and glad to hear so much progress and updates are coming.

Nice to see you actually read what the community says and take it into consideration rather than Bill not giving a fuck about anything and just did what he felt was good.

Ehhh .. I dunno about this. I like the new spells and everything, but I think you're saying that the only way to loot tier EQ is through mini bosses that have a small chance of spawning? I can see that no one will make the highest tier lol..But it really is nice too have a challenge, I just dunno how this will work out since I think I read that monsters were buffed, to encourage team hunting. I'm glad I got my girlfriend and trusty friends to hunt with lol.
& no one really 'obtained' gold that fast IMO but yeah botting it was an issue.
I'm sad to see the Lumberjacking feature removed, I thought that was a really unique system.
& botting for Creature Products will still be easy imo, just make a script to run from your botting place, to dp, deposit everything, and return, so I don't really think it's gonna be a big change IMO.
What about making it show when monsters drop something, instead of having to check all the body's? It greatly reduces EXP/HR having to check all the body's if something dropped.
I do like the mini-bosses thing though, I've only played 1-2 servers with it, and it really helped protect against botters since there bot wasn't properly equipped to handle it, and the damage was near random, to where there bot couldn't actually handle it, and they died.
Also, I would LOVE to see the prices of houses raised. They were really cheap IMO.
I'm actually REALLY glad to see how much work you are putting in too it, not gonna lie, when you first started this thread, I thought it was just some troll/someone who was gonna be careless about this project, but it's nice too see you taking it seriously. In my opinion I'd rate this update a solid 9/10.

Also, I would LOVE to see the prices of houses raised. They were really cheap IMO.

House prices are already GREATLY adjusted.

I think you're saying that the only way to loot tier EQ is through mini bosses that have a small chance of spawning? I can see that no one will make the highest tier lol..

Yes. I am saying the only way to loot tier eq is through mini bosses and bosses and quests. The fact not many people will reach the highest tier is a good thing?

It just makes it all the better for the people that DO manage to get up there. People being able to obtain tier 4 in the first 2 days is insane. This server is tough and this system just makes it much more exciting for those people who actually do manage to gather tier and upgrade it.

I was just looking on the website at the new spells and I ventured onto the high scores for exp. and i noticed there was 2 characters and when i looked it does not displace the vocations yo should add all the vocations to your website so when we search a player we can see the class of the player as well.

Right now it just says "Vocation: Blank".

I was just looking on the website at the new spells and I ventured onto the high scores for exp. and i noticed there was 2 characters and when i looked it does not displace the vocations yo should add all the vocations to your website so when we search a player we can see the class of the player as well.

Right now it just says "Vocation: Blank".

It's due to the system not being able to understand the custom vocations. I`ll fix it. Thanks for addressing it.

House prices are already GREATLY adjusted.

Yes. I am saying the only way to loot tier eq is through mini bosses and bosses and quests. The fact not many people will reach the highest tier is a good thing?

It just makes it all the better for the people that DO manage to get up there. People being able to obtain tier 4 in the first 2 days is insane. This server is tough and this system just makes it much more exciting for those people who actually do manage to gather tier and upgrade it.

Yeah sorry I forgot too add that lol, I edited my post, I'm saying that it is a good thing.

27109886.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
seems really nice, i havent played the previous alfa but i'll definetly try this one out:)

the update seems great! keep up the good work :)

This OT better come up soon.. there is like a 100 people waiting for it lol..

when will the server be back up, i missed the first one because i was at college, it would be nice to see it up on a weekend lol

This server looks better and better for each teaser. You guys are awesome.

You should put the website on ur first post so everyone can see the changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back