• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] TibiaTales (RealOTs Clone)

Well, all of your 'super-human' introduced features are just regular OpenTibia features. You might want to put your 'unique' server against any other Avesta/TFS based server instead of RealOTs (Cip Tibia)?

I don't understand what are you asking unfortunately, this server in particular isn't avaible to the public so I don't understand why would I want to make it better than old and deprecated Avesta or even TFS?
This is unique due to the features I've introduced that OTServers lack but that RealOTs supports, my approach is to replicate RealOTs with absolutely everything in it, so far it's good, but will have to wait until it goes live so people can really start trusting my word.

In the other hand; What regular OpenTibia features?

Some are, some aren't. Avesta at the time aimed to replicate RealOTS/ciptibia.

Ezz is near spot on, except the monster AI which is too hard to replicate.

I've posted a video with my closest approach concerning monsters A.I, you tell me.

First Features Preview:

Note: it's an amateur movie, don't expect much.

My next preview will show all existing quests in the server (means all) - with a script my gamemaster will teleport to a tile having a quest in it every second (around +224).

I don't mind oldschool graphics, but to be honest it's garbage. Doesn't really attract new players.

I quit my 130 ek due to the fancy graphics Tibia has every 7 months, I don't want that on my oldschool server.

"doesn't really attract new players"
Classicus 7.4 700+ players online at a time
Originaltibia 7.4 350 player record
Tibianic 7.4 678 player record, 350+ average online

you're just simply wrong, oldschool is an entire genre with a lot of people willing to play it. you must be brand new here to suggest otherwise

I'm sure he meant new players, what we used to see in Classicus, Originaltibia and TibiaNic are the normal oldschool player base, he meant new players that don't tend to play oldschool servers.
But it's a possibility, I've always thought about updating all Tibia 7.7 graphics to new ones for a whole new experience.

I'm sure he meant new players, what we used to see in Classicus, Originaltibia and TibiaNic are the normal oldschool player base, he meant new players that don't tend to play oldschool servers.
But it's a possibility, I've always thought about updating all Tibia 7.7 graphics to new ones for a whole new experience.
it's been tried before by Warloria i think it was called. what ended up happening is oldschool people pissed off about new graphics and the serv completely failing. i don't think people who play 8.0+ tibia avoid oldschool because of the graphics, probably more due to the completely different gameplay

I'm confused I thought the whole thing about making this server is "We can have stages, which RealOTs can't", then you make a static exp rate (I'm not counting Rook as that barely makes a difference).

So what exactly are you bringing "New" to the table, if the new release of the "Real" RealOTs is done properly are you just going to release anyway?

I'm confused I thought the whole thing about making this server is "We can have stages, which RealOTs can't", then you make a static exp rate (I'm not counting Rook as that barely makes a difference).

So what exactly are you bringing "New" to the table, if the new release of the "Real" RealOTs is done properly are you just going to release anyway?

Things can change now and then it doesn't matter, by the time we have a launch date things may have changed.
Meaning that if things get slow we might add another set of stages 5x rook, 4x 8~50, 3x 50~ etc... It just depends on the situations we can encounter, we just have to wait until we have a release date.

That being said, we do not want the server to be short term like The-RealOTs, we want it to really be longterm so we can always add new and exciting areas for players to tryout after gaining some levels in the meanwhile.

That being said, we do not want the server to be short term like The-RealOTs, we want it to really be longterm so we can always add new and exciting areas for players to tryout after gaining some levels in the meanwhile.
>long term oldschool low-rate in EU
you do realize this already exists? It's not going to succeed, seriously.

"but tibianic isn't tibia anymore!"

yes, it's even better. people got bored of the 7.4 map, and people WILL get bored of the 7.7 map.

We are missing a long term oldschool low-rate in USA.

Call saul.

>long term oldschool low-rate in EU
you do realize this already exists? It's not going to succeed, seriously.

"but tibianic isn't tibia anymore!"

yes, it's even better. people got bored of the 7.4 map, and people WILL get bored of the 7.7 map.

We are missing a long term oldschool low-rate in USA.

Call saul.

Like I said I highly doubt for the very first weeks of the server to be hosted in USA, we are already hosting it in Netherlands as far as I know, but maybe if the server really gets the attention it deserves we might discuss and host in the US instead, it's just a matter of time, it isn't an easy task to setup a long-term game server, there are many subjects to be taken care of, we do not want to make mistakes for the player base we might build up.

I truly hope you understand the complexity of a video game and how difficult it is to develop and stage an idea.

But yes, I'm an artist I might take your advice of updating the graphics I don't see anything wrong with that, but I'm going to do the first things first, I do not want to hurry the things up.

Like I said I highly doubt for the very first weeks of the server to be hosted in USA, we are already hosting it in Netherlands as far as I know, but maybe if the server really gets the attention it deserves we might discuss and host in the US instead, it's just a matter of time, it isn't an easy task to setup a long-term game server, there are many subjects to be taken care of, we do not want to make mistakes for the player base we might build up.

I truly hope you understand the complexity of a video game and how difficult it is to develop and stage an idea.

But yes, I'm an artist I might take your advice of updating the graphics I don't see anything wrong with that, but I'm going to do the first things first, I do not want to hurry the things up.
I want your server to succeed just as much as you do - I just really believe that creating another low-rate in EU to attempt to compete with Tibianic is foolish.

Take your time though, no rush to do anything. Rather it be 200% complete and stable with everything set in stone, than to rush it and end up changing things while the server is up and running.

imo don't change old outfits/walls, if i were you i'd put in extra stuff for detailing, like grass tufts/new stones/new borders/nature/even new walls etc.

but i don't think a simply replacing 7.7 sprites with 8.0+ sprites is a good idea

imo don't change old outfits/walls, if i were you i'd put in extra stuff for detailing, like grass tufts/new stones/new borders/nature/even new walls etc.

but i don't think a simply replacing 7.7 sprites with 8.0+ sprites is a good idea

Don't worry, I have ZERO intentions of destroying the outfits, oldschool outfits are the best and it's part of what makes Old Tibia good.
If I was to develop and integrate a whole new package of game contents I would surely just add plain new walls, objects etc.. that fit the oldschool graphical models, something like what Iryont did with TibiaNic but I wouldn't go far and draw images that don't fit well with the current game world ambience.

I'm glad I'm being able to express myself with what I have in mind lately, as a non-native speaker I'm proud of what I've learnt thanks to Tibia :p - So just in any case someone doesn't understand what I say, just give me a headsup

I quit my 130 ek due to the fancy graphics Tibia has every 7 months, I don't want that on my oldschool server.

That's too bad, a lot of oldschool players dislike the new graphics, but so many people prefer the new graphics. As a solution you could make 2 clients with different spr files. One oldschool and one updated graphics.

I spoke to a lot of people who claimed they never played tibia before they joined realots, this was after dennis updated the graphics.

Launch date has been set to August 6th, a month in the future.

Rates:
  • 1~8 = 5x
  • 9~999 = 3x
  • Magic 2x
  • Skills 3x
  • Spawns 400 times faster
  • Loot 2x
Content to be added/done:
  • Weapon enchants
  • Paladin new weapons

Last edited:
Launch date has been set to August 6th, a month in the future.

Rates:
  • 1~8 = 5x
  • 9~999 = 3x
  • Magic 2x
  • Skills 3x
  • Spawns 400 times faster
  • Loot 2x
Content to be added/done:
  • Weapon enchants
  • Paladin new weapons
spawns 400 times faster? typo or need an explanation :D

I started to hate the so complicated and x999 experience theme I was using for the website, now we will be using a much cleaner one.
Since there's still a month to go until launch date, until then I will be developing guilds management, forum, houses and maybe a full content library.

tyaOxYv.jpg

6BfdjRq.jpg

v3sDAPP.jpg

zLWdpmD.jpg

JBQmJwQ.jpg

pRyXMgc.jpg

Qmar9ZD.jpg

Suggestions are welcome, the images shown at the side will be community based.

spawns 400 times faster? typo or need an explanation :D

Typo, spawns are 400 seconds faster :p

Last edited:
Unlike RealOTs we don't need to increase weapons attack damage to compensate a vocation balances, instead we can edit vocations damage formulas for each skill, healing and defensive stats, so for when it's live we will see if we need to increase melee weapon damage for knights, or increase distance weapons damage for paladins, etc ...

Are you sure that won't effect any of the creatures, I've played some servers where the cyclopses and crypt shamblers are hitting waayy more than they should and the admins claim only the knight damage has been changed.

Back