• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Undeath OT - Needs your help and feedback!

Anyone wanna do some alpha testing? I need 1 or 2 players to join me, there's probably hours of content to test through and during release I will only wipe levels, you will keep everything else.
add me on skype undeath.servegame

:p

Last edited:
check out new features on page 1!

Free likes to everyone with feedback!!

Last edited:
Upgrade Items - Rock Launcher +1 (Atk:11). Rock Launcher +2 (Atk:13).
Randomized Items - Rock Launcher (Atk:8). Rock Launcher (Atk:10).

C'mon Shiva you can do better! You gotta get creative lol
I don't think it can get anymore basic than that.
I want to see cool stats, super rare legendary drops, items that make your mind have that HOLY FUCK WHAT DID I JUST FIND feeling.

Upgrade Items - Rock Launcher +1 (Atk:11). Rock Launcher +2 (Atk:13).
Randomized Items - Rock Launcher (Atk:8). Rock Launcher (Atk:10).

C'mon Shiva you can do better! You gotta get creative lol
I don't think it can get anymore basic than that.
I want to see cool stats, super rare legendary drops, items that make your mind have that HOLY FUCK WHAT DID I JUST FIND feeling.

Well its a rock launcher, shoots rocks, thats the cool thing about it lol
There will be unique items but based off the same system above.

Widow Queens Bow (Atk:66 Poison:99)
Shoots Toxic Barbs

Widow Queens Bow +10 (Atk:171 Poison:99)

Just a note:
The purple text colour is not readable from an iPhone with the black OTland background.

Will follow this from my computer when time appear. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Just a note:
The purple text colour is not readable from an iPhone with the black OTland background.

Will follow this from my computer when time appear. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.
okay lol, its all white to me so i didnt know

okay lol, its all white to me so i didnt know

PurpleText_zpsi9ocdpmz.png

:eek: (Even looks better here then on my iPhone)

You must really like purple :p
I have to agree Zasranets. With current randomization it feels a little bit unsatisfying. Furthermore, we don't know the range it varies, is it (-1,+1) or is it (-10%,+10%) ? Also there is this psychological effect about prefixes for example. I have a feeling that it would feel better if it was split to common, uncommon, rare. Obviously this is just cosmetic but anyway. Some other unique effects would be very welcome too. Crit chance, faster attack, buffs, debuffs. It is always nice to have these little things I think.

I have to agree Zasranets. With current randomization it feels a little bit unsatisfying. Furthermore, we don't know the range it varies, is it (-1,+1) or is it (-10%,+10%) ? Also there is this psychological effect about prefixes for example. I have a feeling that it would feel better if it was split to common, uncommon, rare. Obviously this is just cosmetic but anyway. Some other unique effects would be very welcome too. Crit chance, faster attack, buffs, debuffs. It is always nice to have these little things I think.
I have awesome modifiers like that, just not on weapons. Atleast not the beginning ones.

Great minds think alike. :rolleyes: but yeah this is what I mean.
It would be much more satisfying if items were put into categories like common, uncommon, rare, legendary ,etc.. I mean this is based on Diablo after all!

I also hate how on most server people end up saving the "cool stuff" for late game. I personally feel the beginning of the game should be filled with a great deal of cool stuff so it attracts players attentions
otherwise they might end up quitting before they even get to experience it.

You said that you have items like"Widow Queens Bow (Atk:66 Poison:99) Shoots Toxic Barbs" but even that is still leaning more towards basic. I mean it's basically just like an enchanted weapon on real tibia.
Here is an example of a Path of Exile item. This is what I mean by a unique item.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jack,_the_Axe
Jack, the Axe
(90 to 110)% increased Physical Damage
Adds (11–18 to 14–23) Physical Damage
(10 to 15)% increased Attack Speed
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
50% reduced Life Leeched per second
Causes Bleeding on Hit

Now I obviously don't expect people to have crazy items on the beginning of the server, but giving them a taste of what they will see in the future might encourage them to keep playing.
If you do end up having unique items try and think of really cool things you can add to weapons. On most servers you see the typical attack, crit, attack speed etc.. which are all great but over-used.
Your talents seem to have no limit so I'm 99% you could basically script whatever you desire, so why not get creative!

Great minds think alike. :rolleyes: but yeah this is what I mean.
It would be much more satisfying if items were put into categories like common, uncommon, rare, legendary ,etc.. I mean this is based on Diablo after all!

I also hate how on most server people end up saving the "cool stuff" for late game. I personally feel the beginning of the game should be filled with a great deal of cool stuff so it attracts players attentions
otherwise they might end up quitting before they even get to experience it.

You said that you have items like"Widow Queens Bow (Atk:66 Poison:99) Shoots Toxic Barbs" but even that is still leaning more towards basic. I mean it's basically just like an enchanted weapon on real tibia.
Here is an example of a Path of Exile item. This is what I mean by a unique item.
Jack, the Axe
(90 to 110)% increased Physical Damage
Adds (11–18 to 14–23) Physical Damage
(10 to 15)% increased Attack Speed
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
50% reduced Life Leeched per second
Causes Bleeding on Hit

Now I obviously don't expect people to have crazy items on the beginning of the server, but giving them a taste of what they will see in the future might encourage them to keep playing.
If you do end up having unique items try and think of really cool things you can add to weapons. On most servers you see the typical attack, crit, attack speed etc.. which are all great but over-used.
Your talents seem to have no limit so I'm 99% you could basically script whatever you desire, so why not get creative!
that item might sound cool to you, but when i see it, it looks really bad. Everything is cluttered, there is no diablo style to it whatsoever and looks thrown together by a 12 year old. When i say diablo i mean diablo or diablo II, not diablo 3 (shit game), I do plan on adding cool unique items but keeping it clean and simple so its easy to understand and awesome. Heres an example of diablo unique item that I would add.
Ring of the Oculus. This ring allows unusual teleportation. (which then has a hidden ability to teleport yourself when you take damage)

Other uniques will have their own abilities, like the bow shooting toxic barbs, the ring allowing teleportation, and maybe this.
Sword of lifeforce. Attacking with full health sends a blade of energy to cut down your foes.

, reason why I am being very careful with items is because that weapon you shown above looks like every other weapon thats out there all run by 12 year olds with no game design experience.

You seriously need to balance some stuff :p People are seeing the Vitality vocation as pretty op with its regeneration early game. Able to heal and gain mana at an very quick rate when monsters deal tons of damage is a big advancement at front compared to somewhat quicker attack or a little more damage from strength which I'm not sure how strengths damage is higher'd. The wave spell does just as much as my beam with its initial hit and its dot combined. My beam has twice the exhaust beam does at the moment and has less hit % than the wave does. Its so easy to dodge a beam than a huge wave and in Player-vs-Monster doesn't even compare. Early on this server is looking much more about the powers you get and getting lucky with witch ones you get. Yes you made unique characters but no one wants to play with imbalance of powers and having to get lucky with getting the best ones. Some powers suck compared to other powers.

Maybe you can add choice to the powers. Players get like 5 options in the first scroll of what power they want to go with and then in the next they get to choose between another 5 or 10. So you still get to make it unique in a way. I would advise a re-balance of all powers though. As its being shown through playing some powers people are like why the heck did I get stuck with this god awful power compared to the others people are getting. Get a list of powers people like and powers people don't like during this beta stage and sort of the bad from the good and reasons why. Then Maybe you can have a list of powers that everyone likes and that none of the powers are hated or devalued over the other. This is a time of testing. Error and trial. Nothing is going to come out right the first time all the time. And we don't expect it to. But we do expect it to be fixed correctly.

Also I Think one other thing I can try to help you think creatively on is the Ability points. There needs to be a better way to make them useful early on. Right now they are either being used for hp or mana or just sitting there. No one wants to use them on skills for just 1 skill level. Maybe 10 ability points can be used to upgrade one your spells to the next rank with your choice or something other than costing 3 points for 1 mining level.

Id also like a little more description on the benefits and cons of picking each vocation on the website or something. Right now Vitality has each vocation beat by a mile because there is really no cons to it at the moment. Tanky and be able to get the best powers with great regeneration? What better? Can train ml faster than any vocation? Its just all around best.
There needs to be some balance. The Powers determine everything right now. Doesn't matter if your strength because all damage is in powers at the moment. Same with agi. Doesn't matter if you can attack faster cause all damage is in powers. Maybe 5 different powers to choose from in your own vocation. I'm just throwing out ideas but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Mana crystals mixed with spammable spells in game can ruin the game. That's another area to look into. Maybe put an exhaust on crystals or make them harder to grab. Deadly has over 400 easily already from fishing.

Loving the Server but need some areas looked at while were progressing through or things will never get fixed

need to balance some stuff :p People are seeing the Vitality vocation as pretty op with its regeneration early game.

Dont worry I am looking at all focus's and further editing is happening! Just remember there are others saying the exact opposite, that VIT is way underpowered. So I will find a middle ground!

compared to somewhat quicker attack or a little more damage from strength which I'm not sure how strengths damage is higher'd.

Its not somewhat quicker, AGI is 2x faster attack and speed, same goes for strength its not a little more, its 2x melee and ranged damage. They are dealing double of what VIT can deal, which is why VIT can cast powers a little more often to make up for it.

The wave spell does just as much as my beam with its initial hit and its dot combined.

bad math on your end, beam does 2x the damage, even with the waves dot.

My beam has twice the exhaust wave does at the moment and has less hit % than the wave does.

2x the damage is 2x the exhaust, and beam hits almost 100% of the time, where wave can miss randomly due to approaching monsters.

Early on this server is looking much more about the powers you get and getting lucky with witch ones you get. Some powers suck compared to other powers.

Theres a couple powers that needs tweaking, like the beam but other than that, all the powers are evenly balanced. None of them suck, they are all useful, and just by playing the game more you will unlock more powers, so luck is taken out of the equation, its just time spent gets you more powers.

Maybe you can add choice to the powers.

Defeats the purpose of everyone being unique, there is already a lot of choices in the game, dont need split powers up into spells and skills and turn this into real tibia. Later on you will find rare power drops and be able to trade them for other powers, that will be a couple of "loot powers" but the game will continually reward you with unique powers and if you really dont like one of them then you dont have to use it. All of the powers are balanced to be equal, just different :)

I would advise a re-balance of all powers though

You have no idea what your talking about now.. they are all doing the Exact same damage lol.

why the heck did I get stuck with this god awful power

I have played beside everyone and they were all excited to get their power and they loved it. Not once did someone say it wasnt good or wish they had another because theirs was bad. I talked to you ingame and you really dont like acid beam, even though it hits faster and with double the damage of the wave spells, that's a personal preference that you like waves better. I dont blame you cause I do too! You will have more opportunities to get a wave spell not to worry! Also you being so early in the game, making a new character and trying for a wave spell again is another option seeing as out of that power list, 5 out of the 13 are waves.

But we do expect it to be fixed correctly.

I been working on the server over 12 hours a day, yes no exaggeration! I havent skipped a day in over 2 months as well! Things are being fixed, and everything will continue to get better. This is only early alpha so you cant expect much!

other thing I can try to help you think creatively on is the Ability points. There needs to be a better way to make them useful early on. Right now they are either being used for hp or mana or just sitting there. No one wants to use them on skills for just 1 skill level.

AP is used to further customization of you, it doesnt affect your powers, just yourself and skills. I played with it and pumped them all into mana so I could be more of a mage :)
You can also save them, so later on when you have higher skills you can raise them easier with your saved AP. In the meantime though, hp, mp, and cap are VERY valuable choices with the way this server is made. Also if you choose to upgrade your skills early it wont affect you in a negative way since there are ways to increase your hp/mp/cap by training in the game just as you can increase your skills by training!

Id also like a little more description on the benefits and cons of picking each vocation on the website or something

Not sure how much 'more' information' I want players to have. The specific changes are more generalized to the public. The site does tell you what each focus does, and playing the game over time you will see the difference (If you play with someone of another focus).

Right now Vitality has each vocation beat by a mile because there is really no cons to it at the moment. Tanky and be able to get the best powers with great regeneration? What better? Can train ml faster than any vocation? Its just all around best.

VIT cons : weaker melee and ranged damage. slower speed, same powers
pros: better regeneration, train ml faster

STR cons: slower regeneration. slower speed, same powers
pros: double melee and ranged damage, better damage per hit, possibility to avoid enemy regeneration

AGI cons: weaker melee and ranged damage, same powers, stand still to attack
pros: faster attack, faster speed, train melee and ranged faster

The Powers determine everything right now.

they are all the same damage, just different effects

Doesn't matter if your strength because all damage is in powers at the moment. Same with agi. Doesn't matter if you can attack faster cause all damage is in powers.

^will test this

Mana crystals mixed with spammable spells in game can ruin the game. That's another area to look into. Maybe put an exhaust on crystals or make them harder to grab. <-- done!

Loving the Server
Love you too, Shiva :)

Okay. So Killx got some pont. About powers having same damage.. You should check earth pulse and for example energy pulse. They're far from same damage.
Another thing about powers. Thing about beams is that they don't apply on hit effects like other powers do (walls, pulses, waves).
With exhaust on beam and wave you are wrong. You should check that when you smash hotkey, wave basically hase no cooldown at all, so with high mana pool and good regen + mana crystals you can deal tremendous damage.

Now few words about focus. At this moment str might be probably least usefull. You give ability to one shot and avoid regen as your argument, but in the end it is all about dps which is same like agi has. Your argument is most likely valid when you can one shot something, but when it comes down to 2+ shoting, agi will come on top because as str you will need 4s for 2 hits, and with agi you can deal 1,5x damage in 3s being 3 hits and that can be enough to finish off your opponent.

Vit is obviously nice. Regen is big, helps with spam and surviving. And that is true that early on most power comes from powers. But I feel like it would fall of later in game. But that is probably good to have some things better early, and others being even better later. Our opinions are obviously based on early game.

Agi at this moment has 2 bonuses, which is 2x attack speed (or 2x dps if you like) and 2x movement speed. Movement is pretty much always good stat to have. But this thing made me think. Why focuses have to be that simple? Maybe add more effects then?

Str focus could use increased dmg + small chance to crit atk for example. Or give it extra cap on level up. Or even both. For this dmg dealer playstyle.

If there were more bonuses, like 3 for example, then agi could use for example dodge chance for more of that swifty and agile playstyle.

Vit could have small chance to lifesteal x% dmg dealt in next attack, or bonus to hp gain from ability points, or on level up. This would fit more this sustain playstyle (tank maybe?)

This would also work pretty great (imo) with multiple focus we can have later in game. We could max effects of pure single focus or mix them a bit to make something hybrid like. Experimenting with this could be more rewarding and would add some of this uniqueness.
Obviously these are just quick ideas, it would probably need some balance.

We all love the server, and wish all best obviously.
Cheers!

Okay. So Killx got some pont. About powers having same damage.. You should check earth pulse and for example energy pulse. They're far from same damage.

earth pulse, LEVELMAGIC, -1, (CONDITION_PARALYZE)
energy pulse, LEVELMAGIC, -1, (CONDITION_ENERGY)

they are the same, one gets some para and the other gets some shock dot (not full code above obviously lol)

Another thing about powers. Thing about beams is that they don't apply on hit effects like other powers do (walls, pulses, waves).

fixed

With exhaust on beam and wave you are wrong. You should check that when you smash hotkey, wave basically hase no cooldown at all,

fixed

Now few words about focus. At this moment str might be probably least usefull.

tested and fixed, for agi too.

agi you can deal 1,5x damage in 3s being 3 hits

thats not correct, as you play you will eventually see they are exactly the same damage, with the except that STR has better damage per hit, and AGI has faster running speed.
Example, IF str was x5 damage, then agi attacks 5x as fast, making them the same damage over time.

Vit is obviously nice. Regen is big, helps with spam and surviving. And that is true that early on most power comes from powers. But I feel like it would fall of later in game. But that is probably good to have some things better early, and others being even better later.

dont forget that each focus, STR AGI or VIT, can be obtained multiple times, so if your STR and someone else is VIT, you can focus into STR VIT, and get all the VIT bonuses you so cherish.

Agi at this moment has 2 bonuses

VIT has better regen, faster ml, better healing over time

AGI has faster attack, faster skills, faster speed

STR has better damage, better damage per hit, and chance to avoid enemy regen completely

Why focuses have to be that simple? Maybe add more effects then?

simple yet very noticeable, they are simple because the game already has so much more that everything needs to be simply for it to all work together.

We could max effects of pure single focus or mix them a bit to make something hybrid like. Experimenting with this could be more rewarding and would add some of this uniqueness.

this is already in the game :)

Obviously these are just quick ideas, it would probably need some balance.

im on it!

We all love the server, and wish all best obviously.
Cheers!

I am working hard to make it everything you guys want, dont worry! :)

Back