• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

War server: No magic

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Just a minor public opinion that I am looking for;

Would anyone play a war server that has absolutely no magic system?
You basically would have a choice between a knight and archer.

Of course, I will add more things to attack with.
To heal, there will be bandages. To haste, there will be jalapenos.

I just have a lot of ideas on my mind, I just want to know if I'm willing to get at least 10 people to play.

Sounds kind of interesting, I would actually give it a go. Would there be anything to heal with like potions? Or do you consider them to relate to 'magic'

I would actually like to try that , but you need a huge amount of weapons
traps(placing hidden traps on the floor), spears, bows/crossbows(make them actually usable with an advantage), throwable bombs, making 2 handed weapons somehow more viable then OH+shield

so many ideas xD

Sounds kind of interesting, I would actually give it a go. Would there be anything to heal with like potions? Or do you consider them to relate to 'magic'

Possibly; I could just consider them as medicine.

I would actually like to try that , but you need a huge amount of weapons
traps(placing hidden traps on the floor), spears, bows/crossbows(make them actually usable with an advantage), throwable bombs, making 2 handed weapons somehow more viable then OH+shield

so many ideas xD

Yeah, upgrade-able equipment/weapons, meaning all stats won't be forever fixed.
Yeah, I can change how things work, like if wielding a two-handed weapon, there is a chance of a blunt force that causes the player to slow for a short time.
Lots and LOTS of ideas.

Tbh, no.. I wouldn't start this server, but not because of your ideas, but because I am not into RPG servers, and fun to me is different to you. Good luck though.

Possibly; I could just consider them as medicine.

Yeah, upgrade-able equipment/weapons, meaning all stats won't be forever fixed.
Yeah, I can change how things work, like if wielding a two-handed weapon, there is a chance of a blunt force that causes the player to slow for a short time.
Lots and LOTS of ideas.

A weapon's forge could be a cool idea, but since it's a war server and not RPG I don't see players having the time to work on making their weapons etc.

Tbh, no.. I wouldn't start this server, but not because of your ideas, but because I am not into RPG servers, and fun to me is different to you. Good luck though.

It's not really RPG, it's just a different idea of combat.

Knight's & Paladin's are pretty well balanced only thing I can see being a disadvantage is speed considering Paladin's can shoot from distances and Knight's have to chase their opponents down.

Knight's & Paladin's are pretty well balanced only thing I can see being a disadvantage is speed considering Paladin's can shoot from distances and Knight's have to chase their opponents down.

Yeah, that's where I got to put more thought into this.

Is there a possible 3rd vocation that could be considered?

maybe instead of actual classes, every player would belong to the same class, but as you use a weapon you start gaining more skill on it, unlocking more skills, like for example when using a sword at first you can only use the basic attack, when you get to X skill, then you learn a new skill that you like circle the sword(doing dmg in the same area as exori), or by gaining more spear skill you'd increase the chance of the opponent being stuck(the spear went across him and got stuck in the ground) for some time

You shouldnt do the same misstake that I did when I developed my war server. People want to recognize things, and they want it all to be very simple (gaining levels killing etc).

I added cooldown to potions = shitstorm,
I removed the cooldowns and let people spamm it (but it would still give same amount of mana)= everyone was happy
People just dont adjust to custom things, they want to know what they are doing and not spend alot of time thinking about the how the system works, nor read about them.

Just a tip, keep it really simple.

but if we always stick with "normal" then custom stuff will never return, someone has to take steps into custom stuff

You shouldnt do the same misstake that I did when I developed my war server. People want to recognize things, and they want it all to be very simple (gaining levels killing etc).

I added cooldown to potions = shitstorm,
I removed the cooldowns and let people spamm it (but it would still give same amount of mana)= everyone was happy
People just dont adjust to custom things, they want to know what they are doing and not spend alot of time thinking about the how the system works, nor read about them.

Just a tip, keep it really simple.

U dont understand thought, the delay was (6?) seconds for 80 mana, exura gran was 50 mana, how on earth are you meant to wait 6 seconds not healing, when in real definition waiting 2 seconds for it is much more better? Wow. Nice logic you have.

Amoaz, yes, I intend to not make anything so complicated.
I'm not going to have something where you have to do 3 different steps to upgrade a weapon.

Paralyze rune? Smokescreen
Fire bomb? Molotov cocktail

Just a few more ideas

100% chance of me checking this server out, it sounds like a mixture between tibia and street fighting.

Keep me updated!

U dont understand thought, the delay was (6?) seconds for 80 mana, exura gran was 50 mana, how on earth are you meant to wait 6 seconds not healing, when in real definition waiting 2 seconds for it is much more better? Wow. Nice logic you have.

Yea, ofc you "tried" my server. Oh wait you didnt, but ye, get that post count up gogo.

ONT gl Evan

I don't know why I was just thinking about somewhat an opposite of this server which is 100% based on Hogwarts, like a 4 team warserver (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin and Ravenclaw) are the teams, I'd even work on a warmap for this. May start once I'm home :)

Let me know if you're interested Evan

I'm basically just repeating what everyone else said. But

This could be a great idea, however it requires a lot of imagination, and even more programming. You'll need traps, throwable ropes that stuck between your feet and stun you (dunno what they're called irl) and a lot of other things to keep people active in battle.

A suggestion to make it easier for you is to, swap out all runes for items. Such as for example: paralyze for some spear/stone or arrow to the knee(trolo)

Back