• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weekly Challenge #2 Heavy Weapon

Anevis

Cool guy
Reaction score
Hello!
I and our spriter community decided to run something like contests called "Weekly Challenges". Goal of this is to promote spriting on otland and help to grow community interest for it, and also to keep our skills improving!

TOPIC : Heavy Weapon (of your choice: sword, axe, club ...)
Animation allowed?: No
Color count: max. 40 + 1 for background (I increased it, to check difference)
Size: 32x32 (default size for items in Tibia)
Background color: any gray or transparent
Format: .PNG (as always xD)
Scoring and rewards (just for highscores):
- 3score p. for 1st + golden medal
- 2score p. for 2nd + silver medal
- 1score p. for 3rd + bronze medal

Rules:
1. You need to pixel up your sprite, put image on host and Send it to me via Private Message

Title: Weekly Challenge #1 Heavy Weapon [YOUR NAME]
Content:
[Name of Your item]
[img.]YOUR IMAGE[/img.]
2. You are not allowed to show your sprite anyone/anywhere before end of challenge (voting).
3. You must create your item from scratch - no edits, no copying, tracing or sh*t...
Please follow template above, it's easier for me to find and put it all together.
DEADLINE: (always 7 days from start of thread) 30th August 22:00 CEST

About challenges:
I will try to put new thread every 7 days. And voting thread always asap (next day)!
Highscores would be started with end of first challenge.
Rules and difficulty/scoring can change every challenge.

Questions, Suggestions for future challenges are welcome

Tip: Make it heavy...

Last edited:
Would be nice to increase the amount of colors for the next one. I know what you are trying to do by limiting the colors, but at the same time you limit the quality, creativity and options for designs.
People can make good quality sprites with a small amount of colors, but with some designs, using more colors just makes it look better.
For example with real tibia weapons.
Code:
- Sword
Spike Sword: 94
Demonrage Sword: 256
Dragon Slayer: 254
Emerald Sword: 226
The Justice Seeker: 108

- Club
Hammer of Wrath: 125
Crystal Mace: 115
Skullcrusher: 213
Cranial Basher: 157
Jade Hammer: 113

- Axe
Great Axe: 168
Ruthless Axe: 191
Royal Axe: 168
Demonwing Axe: 216
Hellforged Axe: 251

Last edited:
come on, i am not in favor or against the color count, i don't even care if people use photoshop, it is much harder to do on photoshop and only if you are skilled you can do something decent.
but i don't think that tibia graphics should be example to anyone, i mean, lately they suck
yeah, i know, "what are you doing in a open TIBIA site?" and i answer you I am here for the sprites, because i like the perspective and competition in art, not because i like tibia graphics (which most of them i don't)

We arent talking about new tibia sprites but old ones which were pretty amazing, for example to make a shield similar to mastermindshield it would take you hours if not days to make something similar using paint.

Btw. Anevis maybe u should EDIT the first post of the thread with the guys who entered the contest. So we can see who joined and to animate other Users to join the contest.
Just a suggestion from me :)

oh, the old ones have some quite good ones.
trust me, i know artists like Andre or Joah for instance (there are more) that may be able to make something as good as that one in pixel art in ~2 hours or less, it is not meant to be fast, but to look good giving you control of every pixel, of course experience makes things a lot faster

Hello!
I and our spriter community decided to run something like contests called "Weekly Challenges". Goal of this is to promote spriting on otland and help to grow community interest for it, and also to keep our skills improving!

Rules:
1. You need to pixel up your sprite, put image on host and Send it to me via Private Message

Please follow template above, it's easier for me to find and put it all together.
DEADLINE: (always 7 days from start of thread) 30th August 22:00 CEST

About challenges:
I will try to put new thread every 7 days. And voting thread always asap (next day)!
Highscores would be started with end of first challenge.
Rules and difficulty/scoring can change every challenge.

Questions, Suggestions for future challenges are welcome

Tip: Make it heavy...

Change this link "http://otland.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=175097" for this "http://otland.net/conversations/add?to=Anevis"

Back