• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is better - one big spawn vs smaller, but a lot

kor

PHP ziom
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
rookgaard
YouTube
Rookgaard
Hello. As in the topic, what is better (faster, more efficient)?

For example I have a map 100 x 100 squares. It is any difference if I will create a spawn at 50,50 with radius 50 for 25 randomly placed monsters or if I will create 25 spawns at different locations each for one monster?

In both options, server will differently load monsters or will behave differently while re-spawning them after player kills?

Thanks for every response.

You should probably create separate spawners for 1-2 monsters each. If you create bigger spawner not only the monsters wont spawn as fast as they should be (they will spawn 1 by 1), but also any player in the spawn radius will completly block any possible spawns on the entiere area.

Having medium sized spawn for several monsters has it uses too. If you want to make specific places to spawn monsters progressively instead everything at once you could use these.

Each spawn radius, spawns all monsters inside that spawn radius, 1 by 1.
If you have 50 monsters in 1 spawn field, spawning 1 per second, it'll take 50 seconds to spawn all monsters.
If you have 2 monsters in 25 spawn fields, spawning 1 per second, it'll take 2 seconds to spawn all monsters.

Spawntime is indeed assigned to each monster individually, but there is a queue for monsters to spawn. Try placing few monsters on a single spawner, kill them at once and watch them spawn one by one. On top of that you will have to wait twice as long for the first monster of the spawner to spawn.

Spawn blocking seems to be fixed (atleast on newer TFS versions) as I just tried to replicate it myself on 1.2 and it didn't work as I previously descibed.

All of this depends on the engine version so you would have to test it yourself.

well in my perdonal opinio you shoulkd always make spawns with like more monstres near quest/mission place just do not make casual spost with same amounts of monsters every square it will make game boring do not calculate it just make it like you yoou think it will be nice without making it overspawns etc im a bit drunk but i hope you get what i do mean

Back