• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Dope!
3rd potion is ready :D !!!
Deam these potions have way too amaze effects xD, takes time to script them.

making new addEvent registration system.
Because the stock addvent() registration is not good enough for me

new addEvent system is ready and working perfectly!! <<what a lie
Actully i ran into errors and fixed it 5 hours straight..

Taking break now.. Too much errors, hurts my eyez.
Hopefully tomorrow its all good and nice.

Last edited:
half Dope day.
Half because start of the day i tried to make paralyze rune work for 4 hours..
Well it was easy to make it work, but for the OTlander i made it for, he wanted it this to be EXACTLY as in Real Tibia.
I didn't feel like making onThink creatureScript for to make it work EXACTLY like in real tibia, so that's that.
(in TFS 1.0 the runecast is bugged on monsters and onUse combat execute does not require pvp button enabled)

Anyway, finished with potion/debuff system today and potions are ready.
Potions are slightly different as i previously said.
I'm going to reveal 1 potion effect, hopefully it will attract at least 1 player to play on my server xD
I want to try boss battle with someone :| i cant solo it xD

Here is the potion: (copy-pasterino directly from script)
Code:
["potion 2"] = {
potionName = {"Vocation Potion", "Tier 1 Hunter potion"},
buff = "Each physical hit will apply poison for 5sec and it deals 10 earth damage per sec. Stacks 10 times.",
nerf = "Each time you make physical damage, you loose 2 speed for 10sec. Stacks 10 times.",
potionID = 101107,
itemID = 7477,
itemAID = AIDF(),
duration = 30, --min
storage = {11001, 10617},
storageReset = {{},{}},
},

Refactored the armor system too and now stones are working also. (talking about to armor upgrades)

Remaking SkillSystem in game.
Every player will start from with 0 skills on all.
And each skilllevel the required amount does not scale up.
skillpoints give specific amount of skill exp.
skillpoints can also be removed from skills and place on other skills when time comes to change them(or you feel like testing new build)

Task system will also get rework. (but in future)

Today in 2-3 hours we might get together with friends on my server and have fun around in group.
Feel free to join and have fun with us.

Yesterday i took a break and today i made format c for my computer. Today I won't do any scripting for my server. Tomorrow I will start with cooking system.

Cooking system ideas:
Players can make food better when using herb powder on them.
Players can upgrade piece of food 5 times.
Players can combine different food items to make dishes.
If player has used upgraded food to prepare dish then additional effect will be added to food.
Additional effect examples:
Armor is increased for certain period of time.
Player speed is increased for certain period of time.
Player cap us increased for certain period of time.

Edit:
Woohoo, sandbox server is now up and running.
all files are copied back to my computer.
All necessary programs have been installed and updated.
Time to enjoy Game Of Thrones Episode 2.

Last edited:
W00T!
Cooking system now working and have all 3 different new food types :p
new food and upgraded food is working exactly like i mentioned post before.

im gona shuffel in some balance fixes(i realized yesterday while playing with Hugo Widh) and then I try to disable browse field.
And then Patch 0.1.2 Update is ready.

What this ot o_O You are upgrading and making so many things, when will you release it ? without BETA.

What this ot o_O You are upgrading and making so many things, when will you release it ? without BETA.
Release, hopefully early 2016.
But since Patch 0.2 it will already have over 150 hours worth of content + PvP

Meanwhile why not help me to set good balanced ground for game :p?

yep read your thread before :D Feels like weeks of playing - aint got time for that xD
Every time i finish some set of my scripts i go trough support section, conversations and job section to help others for few hours before i take on next set of scripts. And the kind of help you are looking for is too time consuming for meh.

Meanwhile why not help me to set good balanced ground for game :p?
Well actually it was wrong choice of words i used there.
I'm not looking for balancer, i just want feedback, what players liked and what they did not like.
This way i can make the playing more smooth. Currently its too milestone'ish

Well actually it was wrong choice of words i used there.
I'm not looking for balancer, i just want feedback, what players liked and what they did not like.
This way i can make the playing more smooth. Currently its too milestone'ish
If i know what players like it was going to be easy for me to finish my server :p.
But keep going i read your updates and i feel it good :).

Whi World PATCH 0.1.2 Update

1. NPC's:

NPC's: they buy and sell new things (just check them all out.)
Cook:
teaches about cooking (I know their long texts are bugged, no fix yet)
2. Items:
new Food - dumplings: increases armor if spiced food is used as material
new Food - Easter Ham: increases cap if spiced food is used as material
new Food - Delight Juice: increases speed if spiced food is used as material
new item - empty bowl: used to mix food
upgradeStones: now work. (gives armor to items)
3. Monsters:
Rabbit changed: Hop! Hop! Hop!
bandit druid: Heal spell buffed(scales now)
ALL bandits: increased gem drop chance
All Bosses: increased MaxHp (we got OP food now!)
4. Map:
Forest area changed: Reduced the amount of herb in forest and increased beat count.
Bandit mountain area changed: Reduced the amount of herbs from walls and blocked old area.
5. Spells:
barrier:
Formula changed from [L*mL + 110] to [L*3+mL*2+sLs*5 + 110]
buff:
Formula changed from [L * 0.2 + (sLs) * 0.4] to [L*0.2+sLs*0.5]
opaldef and rubydef:
Formula1 changed from [mL*3+50] to [sLs*3+50]
opaldef and rubydef:
Formula2 changed from [30] to [30+mL*5]
6. Brewing System:
herbs changes - can also be used on some food now
POTIONS WORK!! :D
7. Minigames:
speed ball minigame : 3 new balls added and some obstacles. Herbs cost reduced from [50] to [40]
8. Tasks:
task system changed: 1 random task will be unlocked each day(if you have completed it) and tasks reward skillpoints.
9. TalkActions:
new command: !points will let you know how much points you have in each minigame.
new command: !skills Opens skillpoint window.
10. Skills:
Players start with no skills. Skills still work same way. if you get enough skill exp you get skill level.

Today ~21:30 me and my friends will also test new patch out. (GMT -2) [~19 hours after this post was made]
Join us if you want to see what happens if more than 2 players go hunting together (never tested before)

Whi World PATCH 0.1.2 Update HOTFIX

Bug Fixes:

NPC's: They now wont take the money nor give you items if you don't have enough room in your bag(s).
ALL Monsters: Fixed Scaling system and now uses metafunction. (less chance for lag)
Skills: Fixed skillCalculation for players who played before Patch 0.1.2 Update. (resetted skills)
Vial of Waters: Fixed error messages in console and bug what said players that they wont drink that potion when they filled it xD

Extra:
Added 4 hints around the world for potion recipes

Updated Vocations in GamePlay section.
I'm also up for listening your ideas how to further improve or make them unique, but i also expect you to be at least lvl 3 in my game, to understand how basic the spells should be, considering the fact how unique my items are in game.

Finished making Cyclops quest.

Once again scripting Tutorial for my server. There is like ~50% of players who cant pass first test monster xD
I'm not changing the dummy fight, but adding more tutorial before that, to make players feel the pace of game.

Leaving out lot of things from tutorial(for now), but hopefully it will give some more basic knowledge, how to play in my server. Also it will include a small puzzle for players to solve. Because you need logical thinking!

Also had an idea to make statistic and highscore boards in the game (since learning to use website is too much trouble for now)
Highscore/statistic board before dummy room, might give some more willing to try dummy 1 extra time, knowing that ~50% of players quit server before killing it, or that some players died 10 times before they were able to kill it.
But that is kinda future thing again, unless players really want for that to come early. (currently scheduled for patch 0.1.5)

Every day going to change my Post 1 Gameplay section and when all looked trough i will add patch note timeline there. (what major features, content will be released on each patch)

My god, I'm taking too many breaks recently, today will be last day! I'm sure of it and then 5 days straight only scripting and playing occasioanally on Thantos.

Meanwhile, right now i finished Tutorial for server.
I'm going to implement it right now, along with Cyclops Quest. (to live version that is)

Going to update GamePlay section again. Too much outdated stuff xD (last time i wrote the GamePlay to this thread was ~3 months ago)

after that I'm going to make the White Deer Scary :p (new spells, better loot (no new items though))

i feel like today is going to be great scripting day. No other plans but coding :D

I'm going to start now.
First got to fix all the bugs found yesterday xD
1. Scaling System a bit buggy. [completed]
2. Cyclops Quest - fire wall did not always disappear in some reason. [completed]
3. Small stone collecting mission has wrong Item id [completed]
4. Big Daddy, stance change happens 2 sec too late (making the boss stand and do nothing.) [completed, but untested]
5. Upon killing boss, Boss room should be cleared [completed, but untested]

Then time to do something new:
1. New spell to White deer - Charge and it will stun if it hits. [completed]
3. New spell to White deer - summon up to 4 Fake Deers [completed]
4. new passive to White deer - Damage and healing increases per Beast Type monster around the White Deer [completed]
5. new Task to kill White Deer [completed]
7. new mission what has something to do with Cooking. [completed]

hopefully Going to do all the above today.
If it goes smoothly then perhaps a GamePlay update on thread and maybe new quest to forest too.

Last edited:
OMFG!! i created a pathfinding map with LUA, SO PROUD!, SO FUCKING PROUD!!
Took me 10 freaking hours to script it!!!
Going to add backtrack to it and then I'm done for today... gotta make food, haven't eaten anything xD

EDIT: with another 2 hours, finished backtracking :p
Finaly pathfinding is working, so far seems bugless

Last edited:
OMFG!! i created a pathfinding map with LUA, SO PROUD!, SO FUCKING PROUD!!
Took me 10 freaking hours to script it!!!
Going to add backtrack to it and then I'm done for today... gotta make food, haven't eaten anything xD
gzz :p.

Time to finish the tasks i set up yesterday, Hopefully no more ridiculously hard scripts to do.
I will keep editing #post 136 with the progress.

EDIT: pfft. Done for today. Couldn't even complete monster spells today xD
Too many new systems each time i make monster spells...
I'm certain tomorrow i finish all the things in post 136.

For now, i will take a break and have fun in Thantos.

Last edited:
Back