• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which IT language should i start with

Cobrax

Reaction score
Hello OTLand users. I want to start learning some coding/programming, but which language should i start with what i know now is XML abit, a lil bit HTML (some basic) but im thinking LUA what do you guys prefer?

-Cobrax

PS:If this is the wrong thread just move it ;)

Last edited:
Although I believe it's the wrong place to ask...

What do you really mean by IT? You want to start programming? If it is, then I would suggest Python, because it forces you to have good habits (indentation and standardization) and it is a VERY powerful language, despite being very easy to use. You can do about anything with Python, and libraries are very complete.

If you want a compiled language instead of an interpreted one, go with C++. It is very complicated from scratch but it is really the best language available (in my opinion).

Do AVOID using Java and PHP, they are very weak language and buggy, even being so famous. But if you really feel like, give them a go.

Last edited:
html, php

easiest to get in. after this java EG. lua after u manage the 1. 2 ones.

Depends. AngelScript and TCL are easier to learn from scratch and LUA is fairly easy too. Python isn't extremely tough but that's where I started. It does force you to "have good habits" as well as write neat code. C/C++ are where I would go for core coding.

I agree with Lordfire. I wouldn't go with LUA, it's a pretty limited language compared to others.

Just feeling like an asshole and such but there is a difference between IT and coding. If you want to learn to IT, start learning the basics and fundamentals of computer hardware and software, then work into the external computer machines such as printers, smartphones, fax machines, copiers, scanners, routers, switches, modems, servers, etc.

Start with Java, its a powerful and fairly simple language to learn

Use the Eclipse IDE to program in it

- - - Updated - - -

Moved to Technology

Back