• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows basic!!!

Saj

Remember my name
Reaction score
Hello. I have windows vista basic, I gotto say, it's killing me. The physical memory is always more than 60%, it shouldn't be so much. Can somebody help me with this? here is a picture:
1952-memmory.jpg

What did you expect from windows vista basic? Simple install windows XP or windows 7 and remove vista.

What did you expect from windows vista basic? Simple install windows XP or windows 7 and remove vista.

Alright, But it doesn't effect the computer then? Like having trouble later on??

Alright, But it doesn't effect the computer then? Like having trouble later on??
It would help if you gave us information about your computer. It would make it easier for us to help you!:)

I will do my best. Here is some information:

Performance classification: 2,4
Windows type: Windows vista*Home Basic
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU 3.0 GHZ
Memory(ram): 1 GB
Systemtype: 32 bites

Is that enough? :p

I will do my best. Here is some information:

Performance classification: 2,4
Windows type: Windows vista*Home Basic
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU 3.0 GHZ
Memory(ram): 1 GB
Systemtype: 32 bites

Is that enough? :p

You shouldn't go for Vista with that specs in the first place and you should not install windows 7, as ZoOoOoOoOoOoOo0rO said, cause it will be the same.

Get yourself WinXP and you will be fine, Home Edition is enough for you.

You shouldn't go for Vista with that specs in the first place and you should not install windows 7, as ZoOoOoOoOoOoOo0rO said, cause it will be the same.

Get yourself WinXP and you will be fine, Home Edition is enough for you.

When I bought this computer, it was windows vista basic from the beginning. Anyway, I only have windows xp professional, is that alright?

When I bought this computer, it was windows vista basic from the beginning. Anyway, I only have windows xp professional, is that alright?

Sure. Just get rid of unnecessary services using MSConfig to save some of your ram.

@Sizaro,
Ive got 512 mb and Im really fine with it.

Last edited:
Okay first of all, 1GB RAM + Vista is a bad idea. Vista loves its RAM, and should not be installed on a PC with below 2GB if you like to play games and/or like to have a lot of applications running at the same time. (Msn, AIM, Steam, etc)

Second of all, Windows 7 COULD be a good idea, since it uses less resources than Vista, and is free until 2010. (Windows 7 RC)

However, for your PC I would recommend installing XP, it uses way less resources than both Vista and Win7.

What should I do about the drivers etc..? I mean if I install windows xp, my sound will be gone, how could I fix that?

Most driver manufacturers offers drivers for both XP and Vista, so it should be no problem to reinstall the required drivers.

What should I do about the drivers etc..? I mean if I install windows xp, my sound will be gone, how could I fix that?

Before formating the PC find get the Ethernet drivers so you can google for the rest when you've formated :p

60 % of your CPU without having any special programs open? I am using windows vista home premium on my laptop and having 10-20 % prestana usage when playing Tibia.

I have the specifics: 4 GB Ram, 64-bit operative system, 2 AMD turon, 1,90 GHZ (On my laptop).

My advice is: Scan your computer immediately, there are probably hidden viruses.

Disable the Vista file indexer (google for tutorials on how to do this).

Back