• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wintervale | Highrate | 7.6 realmap | Design discussion | Summary before the launch

If the hoster gets time to setup the server and we get it online properly, I will invite the testers immediately. He said that he will try to arrange some time today or tomorrow, but it's not certain yet. I will keep you constantly updated. Let's hope it works out fine and you guys can log in as testers at weekend.

We are currently working through Skype and Teamviewer with the hoster and I'm pretty sure we got the client working properly now. He is compiling the sources hostable and I'm pretty sure that I can invite the testing team soon. If external connections works as intended, I will send the working client for all the testers and we can start the BETA testing today. You can create an account and a character on the website. I will keep you informed. If everything works fine, we test the server until next friday, advertise on friday and keep on the BETA testing and polish the edges for a week until the final launch on 14.11.2014. IF everything works as intended.

Moreover, donations may be available at some point.

I will be choosing future tutors and Gamemasters from the testing team.

Stay tuned!

We are currently working through Skype and Teamviewer with the hoster and I'm pretty sure we got the client working properly now. He is compiling the sources hostable and I'm pretty sure that I can invite the testing team soon. If external connections works as intended, I will send the working client for all the testers and we can start the BETA testing today. You can create an account and a character on the website. I will keep you informed. If everything works fine, we test the server until next friday, advertise on friday and keep on the BETA testing and polish the edges for a week until the final launch on 14.11.2014. IF everything works as intended.

Moreover, donations may be available at some point.

I will be choosing future tutors and Gamemasters from the testing team.

Stay tuned!
ah how do you apply to test? didnt read throught the whole thread. Be carefull with your choice of private hosts pls. Too much shit happened on the last 7.x servers I played cause of hosts :D

How come?

EDIT: You can apply for the test just by sending me a PM that you are interested. I will later pass a link to working client for all the people who applied.

It's called having a life or being busy with something that doesn't involve OTLand or the OT in development.
Find some patience, good lord.

Regards,
Cody

ye sure but you cant just announce things and then ignore everything for almost two weeks, i hope hes still fine

Alright...

Sorry for being out from here for quite long time. I gave up with the project because of client errors and connection issues. However, today I decided to give a try again, and I indeed got the client working and a friend was able to connect to the server with an account and a character he made on the website.

Now the server is online, but I'm the only with a working client now. The client on the website (wintervale.ddns.net) doesn't work!

I deleted all the account data, which people made through the website. Anyway, you will now be able to create your new accounts and characters for the testing phase.

I will pass a link for the working client to the testers via private message here in OTLand.

We tested the server yesterday with quite good success. We found some very minor bugs and noticed, that few things has to be changed concerning the creatures.

Testings will go along today, I will now start to repair those small map errors we found. Moreover, I will continue the new quest and make it completeable today.

People are welcome to testing phase! Send me a private message here, and I will give you a link to a working client!

Instead of this spam:

9qe738.jpg

We now have that.

:)

I'm not sure yet. We are currently testing alot of things, and basically playing, running around, leveling and visiting different places, just to make sure that every single bug is spotted and fixed. Everyone can join the testings, therefore you will also have a good chance to get known to basic gameplay of Wintervale, as well as other unique things.

I haven't decided any kind of date for the official launch yet, but as soon as I feel that everything is fixed and the server is ready, we will reset everything and launch the server.

Back