• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wintervale | Highrate | 7.6 realmap | Design discussion | Summary before the launch

Public testings are still on! You can create an account and download the client at our website.

You can report bugs and give feedback and ideas personally to me, here in OTLand.

Future tutors and Gamemasters will be chosen from the tester team, when Wintervale finally launches.

Question:

There is unique items in Wintervale, which will add skills and magic levels when worn. Most of these items are obtainable from quests. However, bosses will drop normal rare items such as Demon Legs, Golden Helmet, DSL, Blessed and Great Shields etc. For example Orshabaal drops at least one rare each time. Should these items also have extra attributes, which would make them more useful? Who would wear Golden Helmet, if you can get +2 magic levels and few less arm by wearing some other helmet from a quest?

We were online with the owner of Outcastserver.com and did some research.

We are working for the source files actively, the testings are still on and the server remains online.

I will try to get the host as soon as possible, so we can finally launch the completed server for everybody!

I will advertise Wintervale a week before the launch, and I will brief all the GMs during that week. I will choose tutors and potential Gamemasters from the testers.

Join the testings now at wintervale.ddns.net!

We were online with the owner of Outcastserver.com and did some research.

We are working for the source files actively, the testings are still on and the server remains online.

I will try to get the host as soon as possible, so we can finally launch the completed server for everybody!

I will advertise Wintervale a week before the launch, and I will brief all the GMs during that week. I will choose tutors and potential Gamemasters from the testers.

Join the testings now at wintervale.ddns.net!
Did you manage to fix the weird stairjumping delay? :)

We just had a conversation with Qut concerning the server. We will set the server online on 24/7 host for testing purposes probably tonight or tomorrow.

Everyone is welcome to come and test things, report bugs and give us feedback. Remember that this is only a testing phase, and final polishings are still needed. However, we have quite clear schedule and view of the server and how we manage the works and duties between me and Qut. Stay tuned for more information. Wintervale is about to launch pretty soon! :)

Qut has done alot of work to get a new, more stable engine for Wintervale and we are launching a test server soon. Stay tuned, Wintervale is still about to launch!

Qut has done alot of work to get a new, more stable engine for Wintervale and we are launching a test server soon. Stay tuned, Wintervale is still about to launch!
Damn, just talked with a friend about this server just yesterday saying "too bad Wintervale is dead and never will be released" and now this! Great news. We're waiting for a highrate oldschool ot :)

Summary:
As we are currently about to launch Wintervale finally, I think it's time to sum up the main in-game things to clear them out for everyone who may be about to play Wintervale.

I am going to list alot of things, which everyone should know about Wintervale.

General information:

- Wintervale is a 7.6 version Open Tibia server, which is using real Tibia map. However, our map has been modified alot. This is because there will be a lot of high-leveled players, and the hunting grounds of 7.6 version of Tibia simply cannot provide enough of these places for all players. I have removed most of the useless creatures in several areas and replaced them with more useful ones. Unique hunting grounds are listed later.

- The main idea came from a server which was called Danera. Some of you may remember it, or even me being a head GM and game content designer, admin, mapper and scripter there. This is why I would like to thank Jakub (Atyll) for everything. This would have never been possible without you.

- The developers and owners of Wintervale are me and God Qut a.k.a Qutor, who is the owner of the 2nd(?) oldest OT in OTServlist.org. Outcastserver.com. Which is also a 7.6 oldschool server. We are both from Finland, which makes it really easy to manage everything between us and the server itself. We both are managing our own things in the server, so we have pretty good view on everything.

- We do not support pay-to-win type of games at all. That's why Wintervale doesn't, and never will have over-powered donation items nor anything, that may give extra advantage for a player who pays real money. All donation items are available in game even without paying real money for them. All of the other donation shop offers are well thought and planned. We will be constantly keeping a record of people who donate and we will keep it fair. Personally.

- Wintervale is a highrate server, which means that you will gain a lot of experience with relatively small effort. However, this is balanced with through-thought experience rate system, which will prevent players from getting excessively high levels. Of course the rate for magic levels and skills are balanced to fit the experience rate. So no more hours of mindless Troll bashing and brain-killing Dwarf cave wandering to get levels. Levels up to 100 will be only a matter of hours, instead of days, or even weeks. As in some other oldschool servers.

- Wintervale is not using any sort of VIP or premium system at all. Everything is available for everyone who joins the game, for free: House buying, sleeping, traveling, all spells and areas etc.

- Botters will have their entire accounts, as well as all other known accounts deleted instantly if there is any sort of cheats used. We can also delete whole guilds, teams and families etc. if we suspect anything illegal. So botting will be totally zero-tolerated. No matter if it's a lighthack or aimbot. We all know that 100% botproof client is impossible to make, so that's why we will have a team of excellent Gamemasters to watch around.

- Wintervale is all about fun. RPG style, quests, solving mysteries, events, war, player-killing, collecting certain items etc. You will always have something to do. No matter if you manage to gain level 200 and you have done all the quests, tasks, you won the war and you got the best stuff all around your house. There is always next goal to achieve. There will be nearly impossible missions, which require a lot of work and brains to go through. And from these missions you will always gain something really valuable.

- All the most common things has been taken care of, I have thought about everything which would effect to all certain things. Such as loot rates of Stone Skin Amulets, conjure spells for ammunition, speed of hitpoints and mana regain etc.

Shopping:

- Runes are bought either in full backpacks by pulling a switch, or one by one from magic shopkeeper NPC in all cities' magic shops. NPCs will also sell you wands, rods and all sorts of magic items.

- Items can be sold and bought by trading with Djinns or Rashid, just as in Tibia. Djinns and Rashid can be found in Thais library or you can also find Djinns at their own original towers, north from Ankrahmun. This is how true RPG players may keep up the authentic loot-selling feeling by running the way.

- Blessings will work normally. You will lose a lot more experience and skills if you die without blessings. You can buy all 5 blessings from the original NPCs around Tibia. However, after you have completed the Pits of Inferno Quest, you will be able to buy all of these blessings at one, from a single NPC. Blessings will only reduce the skill-loss. You will always lose your backpack and maybe some of your equipment, if you don't wear an Amulet of Loss. At level 150'ish, you will lose up to 2-3 levels without blessings but only around 1 level with all of them.

- Houses will be very expensive. Big house from Venore between the boat and depot may cost over a million. We will also keep an eye on the most wanted houses around the server. If someone wants a house that is owned and the owner hasn't logged in for a week or so, a Gamemaster may investigate the situation and move the house to a new owner if needed. So nobody can make a 40 level character, buy a house and retire the next day and the house remains as his/her.

Map:

- As mentioned before, the base is a real Tibia map, as it used to be in version 7.6. It contains all 9 cities: Thais, Venore, Carlin, Ab'dendriel, Kazordoon, Edron, Darashia, Ankrahmun and Port Hope.

- New areas are only quest areas, which are built around a certain quest. They are all accessible from the main map. Some of them has level, or other requirements to access. There are a lot of unique hunting areas on these new areas as well. But, basically everyone can access these areas, there is no VIP system or anything, that might prevent you from entering any area in the map.

- Concerning about war and fighting, all the new areas has been made with a sharp eye. There are 1 sqm ways, magic-walling places, windows on walls to shoot through etc.

Quests:

- Wintervale contains all the main quests, which Tibia had during 7.6. Only exceptions are the Djinns Quests and Postman Quest. Everyone can trade with Djinns and Rashid, as well as open hidden mailboxes. Also we are currently missing the whole Paradox Tower Quest, where we will later add new unique quest.

- We also have several unique quests, mostly for high-leveled player teams. Pits of Inferno (level 120+) exists just as it is in real Tibia. New quest called the Coldgate Quest (level 150+) is inspired by The Inquisition quest of real Tibia. I thought that there should be several quests meant for higher-leveled players to keep the whole gaming experience more interesting. Demonkeep Treasure Quest requires Coldgate Quest to be passed before entering etc. Draconia Quest (120+) has been designed to require a team of at least 17 players to pass. Moreover, you will need at least one level 200 player to pass it. In Draconia there is also a place which remains a mystery. It is possible to access and works perfectly. However, currently I am the only one how knows how. And I will never reveal the information until it is widely known through the Wintervale community. All these quest will have very useful items, weapons and equipment as rewards. Of course planned to fit the game perfectly.

- There are 5 Wizard NPCs who will all have some certain missions for you. These missions will be really hard to accomplish and they also require a small team and seamless cooperation to fulfill. They are boss-killing missions. These bosses will spawn in every 15 to 30 minutes in certain distant places in the map.

Hunting & loot:

- Hunting with profit in Wintervale is fairly easy. You can basically hunt with SDs and keep on 50/50. Sometimes profit, depends if you bought the SDs from a player or shop and how much did you pay for them. I thought that making lootbags and collecting all the gold is frustrating. Keeping track on every single spell and manafluid, selling flasks to keep a hold on your cash etc. This is not what a fun highrate OT is meant to be. That's why I thought that money should rarely be a problem. You can always pay for your next hunt, get some SDs and AOL and go to war, buy blessings when you die after an hour of hunting etc. Of course if you waste your cash wide-assed, you will eventually run out of it. Nobody gets too much money.

- Loot of each creature is hand-made. For example Dragon Lords will drop quite a lot Fire Swords and Tower Shields, but Royal Helmets and Dragon Scale Mails are still very hard to get. Hydras will drop Warrior Helmets, Medusa Shields and SSAs pretty much, but Royal Helmets and Boots of Haste remains very rare. All of the loots which are "very rare" are close to as rare as in real Tibia, but the smaller loot it pretty easy to get, therefor it will be pretty easy to hunt with profit. There wont be tons of Golden Legs, Mastermind Shields and Magic Plate Armors in every house you run by. Not to even mention the even better items you get from the new quests.

- Decoration items such as Coconuts, Blood Herbs and all sorts of small jewels are easy to get. Creatures are dropping fairly a lot of small diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires etc. Demons are the only monsters which drops Blood Herbs and they are very rare. They are also possible to sell to an NPC with quite high price, so it keeps their price up.

- Hunting grounds are edited as some of these examples will show:

Hellgate is full of Warlocks, DLs, Demons.
Shadowthorn in filled with Warlocks, instead of Elfs.
Edron Rotworm caves are full of Dragons.
Orc Fortress is emptied from Orcs and replaced by Warlocks, Behemoths, Demons, Serpent Spawns etc. Level 100+ to enter OF.
Chor Lizard City and Banuta are filled with Hydras and Serpent Spawns, also Deeper Banuta is accessible.
Hydra and Dragon/Dragon Lord Spawns in Ankrahmun are bigger than normally.
Tiquanda jungle is filled with Hydras.
Dark Cathedral has Warlocks, Dragons, DLs, Demons etc.
New Quests will also provide a lot of new hunting grounds.
Demona is filled up with Infernalists.
Ancient Scarab caves are full of Hydras and Ancient Scarabs has been moved one floor up.

And there are more to come.

Creatures:

- There is every single creature, which Tibia had in 7.6. I have made some of my own such as the already mentioned bosses. Also, some of the new quests contains unique creatures.

- Raid monsters such as Orshabaal, Ferumbras, The Emperor etc. are extremely hard to slay. They are all designed that only a big team will be able to bring them down. And it needs teamwork as it's best. There will be no knight, who could block Orshabaal without additional healers. And it heals so much that it needs the SD power of around 15-20 individual 150 level mages to even start to bring it's hitpoints down. All raids are authentically started with the original messages. Some of the new ones may require that you read a little bit of instructions and guidelines from the website. But that information is revealed for everyone. Do not worry about the loot, as each raid is manually executed, there is always a staff member to watch the event and to take care that the goods will go to the people who did the job. And maybe even reward the most brave ones.

We are currently getting an external test server online. We will test and finish some certain things tonight, and open up a public test server as soon as possible.

Wintervale is now moved to run on a new engine, better than the old Danera one was, so alot of errors and even smaller changes are now possible.

Stay tuned! The lauching date may appear on Advertising boards with an advertisement post anytime!

We are currently getting an external test server online. We will test and finish some certain things tonight, and open up a public test server as soon as possible.

Wintervale is now moved to run on a new engine, better than the old Danera one was, so alot of errors and even smaller changes are now possible.

Stay tuned! The lauching date may appear on Advertising boards with an advertisement post anytime!

Forgot all about this haha

Qut was busy with real life things, but he will continue with the server this week. Test server should be online any time soon, so we can test and fix the last things before the public launch.

We do not want to launch WV until it's completely working and tested. And we don't want to rush with everything, so we can avoid as much bugs as possible. There is so much unique and self-made things in WV, and I'm currently the only one who knows about them, that it takes a while to scroll through everything.

I will keep you updated!

Back