• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wintervale | Highrate | 7.6 realmap | Design discussion | Summary before the launch

I have been quite busy for the last few days. Working every day, friends coming and going etc. I always try to get some free time from girlfriend, friends and necessary rl things to totally focus on Wintervale. I prefer to host my friends and spend time with my girlfriend instead of sitting on the computer, when they are around.

However... I have fixed a few bugs in the new quests, been working on some missions with Old Wizard NPC and the bosses, adjusted the Tombs and some hunting grounds a little. Blessings are now fixed a little also. Death loss is 10% in the beginning, promoted character has 7% death loss and with all blessings it's 2%.

I tried it in-game. From 160 to 156 without blessings, 156 to 153 etc. With blessings it went down only one level per death.

I also worked on the Tutor thing, towns and a little on GM things. Also some drawings on a completely new area is ready concerning "The Emperor" ;) New monsters and a totally unique hunting area with edited Lizards are on the list. You can compare it to Razzachai Lizard city in real Tibia. Also, Monk has been edited to fit for the training purposes. It will heal very rapidly and alot, to make it harder to kill it when training but not too much, to be actually possible to kill wild Monks.

Currently the first thing in my mind is to get Wintervale on the dedicated host, online and get the testers in. The hoster said that he is extremely busy in rl right now, but we will fix everything when he has time. I have no idea when this happens but I keep on spamming him on Skype :) Meanwhile I'm trying to repair some small errors in the map and erase all the possibilities to abuse any sort of bugs/mistakes in the scripts. Already found a few and they are fixed now. I will also edit some of the original maps to be more PVP-friendly :)

2whf7m0.jpg

There will be no straight instructions or spoilers how to get there ;)

thanks alot for giving out that much information , not many people out there keep others as informed as you do :p looking forward to it even more now

nice nice , are the textures for the custom weapons taken from other classic items or did you do a bit of painting on your own?

I haven't added any new sprites. They are classic old Tibia items, which are either not available or unknown how to obtain.

k, how will you actually keep the server up without donations? just curious cuz i like the idea of a non p2w ot :p

I haven't added any new sprites. They are classic old Tibia items, which are either not available or unknown how to obtain.

Make 7.1 sprites :( Most op <3 I played 'Celestia-Realm' OT (NOT ADVERTISING) only for the graphics :) Cause he had 7.1, mad fun.

I will use HalfAway's host. It's free. Possibly in the future updates I'll have to either edit the sprites or add some new ones. Currently I'm running out of items to work with :) But we'll see.

if you need help with sprites i might be able to help , atleast with the pictures :p i hope the free host works out well

@Laur1 im sure you have it set to be correct, but the levers to buy runes and manas and such, did you make them the same price as the shop? Sounds like common sense, but ALOT of people fuck that up and end up making 1 of them cheaper, and people don't know sometimes. Also, I feel like since the loot rate will be higher, the house price per sqm should be decently high also. Maybe like 1.5k per sqm? That's open to change but maybe if you want people who actually play and won't buy the house and quit after 10 minutes, you can make them like level 100 to purchase :p

since lvl 100 is a matter of hours , 120+would be better for houses... this way we wont have alot of empty ones neither, but he said if a house owner didnt log in for a week we can contact a gm to clear the house xD

I will set the level requirement for buying a house to 120+.

@Lifer420 All the prices are same in all cities, and they are equal to buying runes and manas from NPC also. So no matter if you buy 20 SD runes from NPC, they are 425 gold each = 8,500 gold. When you pull the switch it's the same price but you get the 20 gold backpack with it :)

I talked to the hoster and we will start to work on getting Wintervale online when he arranges some spare time. Today or tomorrow. I will keep you informed. Meanwhile, I have been working on some new area. It is not yet known how to reach there and there will be no straight spoilers anywhere. You'll have to figure it out on your own. However, it will be accessable during a very rare raid, when a single magic wall will disappear from Hellgate dungeons. There will be normal raid messages before that, ofcourse.

EDIT: Raid information has been added: http://wintervale.ddns.net/information.php

30aflfn.jpg

11w8sja.jpg

Last edited:
There will be 6 Archmages, which you have to slay to gain access to that Temple. However, during a raid it will be possible for everyone over level 100 to reach the Temple, but that way you are unable to reach the mountain dungeon Halls, where the Archmage Towers are. If you wish to fight the Archmages, you need to find 3 keys to unlock doors and pull a few switches all over the map ;)

However, the Old Wizard told me that he was one of the Archmages of The Emperor. He might have some missions for you :) Probably as a return for favour, he will reveal something or even pass you an old key he has ;)

2ymvsyf.jpg

Last edited:
Back