• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[WoA] Class System (+global poll)

Which system is better for you?

• Total voters

muphet

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm making a global poll about class system for my project WoA (World of Astella). Both types I like and I can not decide which to put in the project. That is why I want to hear your opinion (votes). Do not choose for others (as would have played better), but the way you want.

We've got two systems (both developed, so every option is good). The first one is the standard form of class system, where you attach to a specific guild, for example: get the rank called Knight. We perform tasks, we get new equipment, etc.
benefits:
Anyone can join the chosen one, to be a mage, a knight or another (this example, I'm not betraying our class.)
The standard system of training skills and learning spells.
Almost 20 playable character classes!
cons:
No hybrids and dual-classes.
Inability to create your own character (knight level 20 will be nothing different from any other knight level 20).

The second system is one where we manage our character through the unfolding of talents and attributes points. We can create such a hybrid, where the magician casts fireballs wearing heavy plate armor or a knight that uses staves and wands (of course everything has its limits).
benefits:
Opportunity to create own character (some points to agility, a little to the speed and we can get class like assassin or thief).
Talent Tree: After an appropriate sharing talents (eg 50% to magic) we get the title of Novice, 75% Mage or Archmage.
Multi-class: A player may have two or more classes by the appropriate arrangement of talents, such as 50% of points to fight (the knight) and 50% points to life (cleric) will award not only two ranks, but also the creation of hybrid - Paladin.
The vast number of combinations of classes (over 14 + combinations of each)!
cons:
NPCs are no needed anymore (for clan tasks, missions etc)
Learning spells and incantations, or fighting skills depends on your title (the title required to achieve skills/spells).

I want to be sure that the system would be better in the game. Many games allow for any striping attribute points (second way), and such original Tibia allows for the easier way - the choice of a class without modifying its coefficients.

Did anyone understand this shit? I didn't even bother...

First system is like from original tibia - you get class (vocation) and you are happy with it
Second system is based on skills - you have variety of combinations, so you can make you class as you want.

if you cannot understand this, just grow up. My 6yo sister can see diffrents oO

What you mean is Tier Class system and Classless Class system

Tier Class is what Tibia has, Classless(the skills trained is what defines your Character) is like what Runescape has?

Ex: Classless

Players trains combats skills(Warrior), but then decides to grow on Magic(Battle Mage) or he decides to increase in Archery(Rouge).

Classless classes can be classified in to main forms Domestic and Non-Domestic(Combat,etc.), Non-Domestic can have around 5-7 branches, Ranging from Combat based, to Stealth and Magic.

Somrthin like that. In second type you can use your abilities like Strength, Intelect~. In classic not.

Back