• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Mail non existant??

ziggy46802

Reaction score
When, on my server, I try to throw a parcel into a mailbox, and I mean any parcel and any type of mailbox, and any combination of the two, it just sits on top. I am labeling the label correctly that is not the problem.

I looked in my actions.xml and searched for "mail" and came up with nothing. Am I supposed to have a mail file or is it in another file that might be messed up?

are the depots configured to the towns in the map editor?

right click the depot box in the map editor and select the town id it needs.

E.G

in your map editor Thais could have ID 1 and Carlin could have ID 2

so set the depot box for thais to ID 1

Yes the depots work, I have been playing the server and the depots save from each town to the next just as they should and they are set in the mapeditor to the right town id.

Is there supposed to be a specific file that is specificed for "mail" because I don't have one.

Actions is function onUse (things you click use on).
Which server do you use?

And check if the mailbox you are using has this in items.xml
XML:
<attribute key="type" value="mailbox" />

I looked through the mapeditor at all the parcels and their item id's and my item id's in my items.xml and they all match and everything looks right.

even 2595

What script is used for mail? Is it a movement script? I just have this feeling that its just as simple as me missing the "mail" script, making putting parcels on mailboxes do nothing, since everything else seems right.

This is what my label looks like in items.xml

XML:
	<item id="2599" article="a" name="label">
		<attribute key="weight" value="10" />
		<attribute key="writeable" value="1" />
		<attribute key="maxTextLen" value="64" />
	</item>

And this is my parcel

XML:
	<item id="9081" article="a" name="parcel">
		<attribute key="weight" value="1800" />
		<attribute key="type" value="container" />