• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hint ::: Graphics Engine <<< Avoid LAG!

Archez

'
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Welcome to the second hint about Tibia's client!

This is another fast and easy hint.

This is not to avoid the internet LAG, is to avoid the lag caused by the graphic engine your running on, with the Tibia client.

The difference between the internet LAG and the graphic engine runner is about one is of your internet provider and the other one is your graphic card.

If you want to know more about LAG:
Lag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following pictures were saved as JPG. But they have a good quality due to I saved them in PhotoShop.

You must open your Tibia client settings. Go to Options (at the right side of your client while you're playing, or at the left side while you're offline).

Hint1-1.jpg

Hint2-1.jpg

After going to your options, choose the one called: "Graphics".

Hint3-1.jpg

After going to graphics, choose "Advanced".

Hint4-1.jpg

Then you can see that at the top of that mini windows of Advanced options, there's a button that says: "OpenGL", you must choose the one that says: "DirectX5".

Hint5-1.jpg

Say goodbye to the lag.

Thank You for watching,
Archez.

Last edited:
I wish this helps many people. At least, when my friend Pierolle Chael told me about this, I said goodbye to the lag.

:)

I really don't know what happens with DirectX9, because I'm not able to see it, I guess is due to my old PC.

DirectX9 is better than 5. So for those who's able to use 9, do it

the "graphic lags" is because of low fps. The best is to have around 40, since it's the maximun an eye can see, so, more than it is useless and will just use more of your computer resources.

Last edited:
I really don't know what happens with DirectX9, because I'm not able to see it, I guess is due to my old PC.

As Flashback said, DirectX9 is alot better, tho you can raise your framerate a bit, to around 60, that should increase your FPS by some.. And as talaturen said, anything over 70fps wont make a diffirence.

For tibia you don't need more than 30-40 fps but don't worry about it lol, for FPS games you should have 70+ though

I had 370-430 fps on tibia (10 minutes ago) and I tried OpenGL but it doesn't change :p

Hehe yea I was using OpenGL but changed it to DX5 and it got rid of a lot of the lag that I had

Well, whats the max is it at now

You can just
drag the scrollbar to right to get higher framerates.

not to sure i know what you mean =]

I've got it as high as possible. But what I really ment was if its possible to get higher fps in some other way? Like elfbotNG has a framerate booster

Last edited:
I wish this helps many people. At least, when my friend Pierolle Chael told me about this, I said goodbye to the lag.

:)

LMAO! And you were playing all the time with laggs? If i have to choose play tibia with X5 or not play tibia at all, than i chooose not play it at all! :eek:

My graphic card doesn't support Dx9, i dont know why. Anyways u cant use option Dx9 if you got crappy video card. :)

uehuhuauhuha
OpenGL = Lowest Framerate for Tibia
Dirextx5 = Medium Framerate for Tibia
Dirextx9 = Best Framterate for Tibia

-Rep++ please ?

You guys are making it look like OpenGL is crap compared to DirectX. OpenGL is so much better in my opinion and it's also crossplatform, CipSoft's way to implement OpenGL might not be the best though.

Back