• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A BSD licensed Tibia Client.

Vagabond

Reaction score
The working title is "NOTClient", which can either stand for "New/'Nother OpenTibia Client" or "Nate's OT Client" based on whether or not I get input from other developers.
I'm currently in the designing phases and only have a few hundred lines written, most of it design and some of it implementation. None of it is really specific to Tibia right now.
The client is being written with full consideration to my years of experience with OTServ as both a player and a developer, my 2+ years of experience in developing YATC, and several years of unorthodox but intensive programming experience.

The goals right now are as follows:
1) By the New Year, to have a playable Tibia client.
2) By this time next year, to have a Tibia client that integrates tightly with OTServ.
3) By the next New Year, to have both enough public-use sprites and structured data files AND enough progress on the client to support a functional Tibia server (but not necessarily an exact clone) using nothing from CipSoft except for the concept of gameplay.

I realize these goals are pretty extreme and will require a ton of dedication on my part, as well as assistance from others. I'm willing to bust my ass if enough other people are.

Multiple protocol support is planned, through branching of the project. The reason this was chosen was because it's simply the most flexible method that can take all changes between different protocol versions into account, without encountering a problem commonly referred to as "DLL hell" or placing most of the game logic in scripts or building huge executables. The basic idea right now is that each protocol will have its own executable, and the core NOTClient program will be a launcher that simply choses which version to load based on user input, and can seamlessly (or as seamlessly as possible) change between them.

The project is hosted through mercurial on sourceforge.net: https://sourceforge.net/projects/notclient/

Project is separated from OpenTibia to take advantage of mercurial's neat branching features, which will reduce development load for the chosen method of multi-protocol support. This has an extra benefit of me being the only person needing to approve adding a new developer, so we can take on many developers without crowding the OpenTibia project with developers.

I am looking for other developers willing to assist. A large amount of experience in C++ would be highly recommended at this point, as a novice would not be of much use right now. Additionally, a Mac porter/tester would also be quite nice.

Great idea, as YATC isnt really usable.
You have my vote.

Not looking for people to agree with me, looking for people to assist...

I am verry interested in this!
1. no more copyright problems with cip, if we use everything ownmde...
2. new possiblitys, by adding clientside things...

Just tell me how can i help ...
And about the interest, most people are interested in your project, its just many of them dont know that yet :p ...

And i need it for my project atm 2!
for example:
I got stuck at stupid shop, im making diablolike server, and onsell
players can sell all items that has an price as attribute, but the problems is, the goodsmap gives to the client only Id of the item,and count, bud there are many items with same id, bud diffrent mid(magic id) but i cant give it to the client, to list the items for sale correctly... cuz no surcecode :p

I am verry interested in this!
1. no more copyright problems with cip, if we use everything ownmde...
2. new possiblitys, by adding clientside things...

Just tell me how can i help ...
1) Adding code that allows connection to Tibia's servers will be forbidden.
2) There has been a long-going project at OTFans for remaking Tibia's sprites, but it's not really making any progress anymore. It is my hopes that we can eventually release that alongside the client, but at present that seems impossible. If you wish to assist in this manner, submitting your own sprites there would be the best way. Monsters and scenery especially are needed there.

What the client itself needs is programmers to assist. I will not be able to make notable progress by myself on my current work schedule, and I only have one other developer who is not capable of making any large contributions right now either.

And i need it for my project atm 2!
for example:
I got stuck at stupid shop, im making diablolike server, and onsell
players can sell all items that has an price as attribute, but the problems is, the goodsmap gives to the client only Id of the item,and count, bud there are many items with same id, bud diffrent mid(magic id) but i cant give it to the client, to list the items for sale correctly... cuz no surcecode :p
This will require work on both server and client ends on your side, but it's doable. This will be entirely up to your efforts. This will not be a focus on the client development, though.

1) Adding code that allows connection to Tibia's servers will be forbidden.
2) There has been a long-going project at OTFans for remaking Tibia's sprites, but it's not really making any progress anymore. It is my hopes that we can eventually release that alongside the client, but at present that seems impossible. If you wish to assist in this manner, submitting your own sprites there would be the best way. Monsters and scenery especially are needed there.

What the client itself needs is programmers to assist. I will not be able to make notable progress by myself on my current work schedule, and I only have one other developer who is not capable of making any large contributions right now either.

This will require work on both server and client ends on your side, but it's doable. This will be entirely up to your efforts. This will not be a focus on the client development, though.

I can handle the server stuff myself :p

I just want to help with the open tibia client, so everyone could use it in future for their open tibia projects, myself too.

Working on some sprites until i can programm something :p
97006673.jpg

I give you a plus for the idea. But we'll see if this can survive.

And please make a protocol option without encryption :p

Back