• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[10.77][TFS 1.2] ORTS, a real map project

I don't support real map servers, but it is nice to see a really good post, you didn't miss anything, good job!

Oh okay, awesome! By the way, yes it does work with 10.22! Latest Client ftw.

By the way, I haven't had any crashes yet on Windows 7.. going to make some modifications and host this for a week to the public to see if it's stable enough on Windows or if this is best on Linux. (Judging from 8.6 windows compatibility days, Linux is always the best choice; I've been waiting for the stability to come to Windows again.)

Thanks again sir, glad it has the War System!

Aw, you got my hopes up so high so i decided to host it again.. also got windows 7 so i tried that and bam.. crash.
Well, hopefully somoeone alot smarter than me gets the same issue and solves it. I really like the server besides that crash. :)

Hi, first time posting here!

I downloaded this pack, but I can't connect to login server at all with it, however if I try some 8.60 packs it works fine, both locally and to the world.

This is so awesome but I can't run it because my computer is 32 bit?
Sorry, but you have to compile it yourself: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki/Compiling
Aw, you got my hopes up so high so i decided to host it again.. also got windows 7 so i tried that and bam.. crash.
Well, hopefully somoeone alot smarter than me gets the same issue and solves it. I really like the server besides that crash. :)
Could you try to compile yourself and try to see if it crashs.
Hi, first time posting here!

I downloaded this pack, but I can't connect to login server at all with it, however if I try some 8.60 packs it works fine, both locally and to the world.
That is wierd works fine for me.

@Printer,
There is an error with the quests. When you open a quest chest is opens as a normal chest and shows the item inside it and pops up a "CopyItem" error in console. Any Ideas?

Code:
Lua Script Error: [Action Interface]
data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:onUse
data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:59: attempt to call global 'doCopyItem' (
a nil value)
stack traceback:
  [C]: in function 'doCopyItem'
  data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:59: in function <data/actions/scr
ipts/quests/system.lua:9>

Definitely need the basic quest system working!

in global.lua paste this:
Code:
function doCopyItem(item, attributes)
        local attributes = attributes or false

local ret = doCreateItemEx(item.itemid, item.type)
        if(attributes) then
                if(item.actionid > 0) then
                        doSetItemActionId(ret, item.actionid)
                end
        end

if(isContainer(item.uid) == TRUE) then
                for i = (getContainerSize(item.uid) - 1), 0, -1 do
                        local tmp = getContainerItem(item.uid, i)
                        if(tmp.itemid > 0) then
                                doAddContainerItemEx(ret, doCopyItem(tmp, true).uid)
                        end
                end
        end

return getThing(ret)
end

@Printer ,
You are a god! Chests are working now, and people can atleast do the basic quests while I work everything else out! Thanks again sir.

P.S. - So any errors I get, all I have to do is add the function into global to use it again? I assume I can find what you just posted in 0.4 or 0.3 libs?

Yes, but 1.0 had this function before. But i dont understand why mark removed it :S

Well, this is an awsome ot as i said before, but the only problem is that its to much bugs the way i see it, but i guess there needs to be a team to host real maps ofc.. but much to do to get a good serv :), I found some bugs in some spawns, spawn with "Yielitox" or what they are called, the ones near raging mage spawn, the map / spawn of Yielithox is bugged, not full mapped. and some errors when i try to rent mount .. and some errors with monsters, but those things aint hard to fix, Good release , once more :)

Well the server is stable as shit. I hosted it with 80-100 players didnt have single crash. I can agree it alot of map bugs and few other bugs but i fixed mostly of the bugs and may forgotten other bugs. But as i metion there is never a flawless real map out there and this will be the best one you will get your hands on.

If people wonder i hosted the server in Linux/Debian 7.

Regrads,
Printer!

i yet can't get server started tho on win serv 2012(64 bit), tried all restributes yet fails

i yet can't get server started tho on win serv 2012(64 bit), tried all restributes yet fails
As i said, can i get screenshot when you try to open it. If you get any error.

@Printer,
Definitely has been stable; had a total of 5 players online so far with no crashes after downloading that 2013 redistribution and changing compatiblity mode to my version of Windows.

By the way, check your inbox; I have an offer for you!

Hey Printer, we've decided to just get a VPS to see if we can get it online from there either, because something seems to be wrong with my old trusty router.

What specs do you recommend for a new server that wont see TOO many people at first?

@Zarmaka, I recommend atleast 4GB of ram and a quad core; you may be able to settle for a dual core. But Real Maps definitely need 4GB or more.

Back