• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.4] Dura -- Making Tibia Challenging Again, Same Game New Meta. Tibia For Adults. --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyclops and Behemoth Raid in Thais.

Greg captured the later stages of a Raid in Thais. There are many new Raids on Dura. To prevent problems each Raid-Type becomes automatically active once a certain number of players reach the necessary level threshold on the Server.

Thanks, cyu
Zown

cipsoft stealing some ideas for next update:
16Pn3oU.png

jk

What you guys REALLY need RIGHT NOW is Stream at TWITCH all time you guys can... I LOVE your streams and vids!! Even don't playing...

Love from Brazil ❤

Month ago i tried to play there, but rookgaard made me rage quit with this custom monster abilities. I think i can give it a try before Real Server date start

Month ago i tried to play there, but rookgaard made me rage quit with this custom monster abilities. I think i can give it a try before Real Server date start

Thanks for giving us a second shot NoHandPlayer; means a lot. Could you explain what made you quit in as much detail as you'd like so we can look to make changes so people don't feel so frustrated they'll quit too, Thanks.

Zown

Some Screenshots from our Testers recently.

Raids as well as Custom Bosses exist on Dura. Spellwands will have a unique use here as well. They will not be used as an attack weapon/item. :)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Thanks,
Zown

This last week we finalized sprites. In Dura for all items that have more than one sprite you will be able to find and own each and every one in-game. So whether you like Old or New items they're here. :)

OldandNewItemsDura.png

Thanks,
Zown

Do you have a definite launch date now?

Not an exact date yet. Like most things in life they're taking longer than we thought. We are close though, close to being ready. We don't want to put out a date yet though till we feel supremely confident in the game. It is realistic to expect 3-4 weeks from now we will Release. Not 3-4 weeks announce a date, we should do that within 1-2 weeks.

Thanks for your patience,
Zown

Here's a video from one of our testers a couple weeks back. He tested a high level raid for us (we needed data on profitability ;)
As such we supplied him with 100x charge runes to make his life a bit easier for testing. In the real game rune charges are normal 7.4 Original; e.g. UH and SD 1x and HMM 5x etc...

He takes on a Hero Raid in outlaw camp. Fast-forward to see him hunting in daylight as opposed to dark.

Thanks,
Zown

- Players may abuse it to level fast their characters.

I like the server idea though. Good luck!

You're right. It does allow a potential for abuse. There are two safeguards to prevent this, though they are not perfect.

There is a %-limit to what levels can gain exp. For example a level 8 could not gain exp from a level 100 or a level 50 for that matter. Could a level 20? 15? Maybe. We won't give away the exact % so it's harder to abuse optimally but you get the idea. The %-number was chosen to accept all realistic situations a player could be killed by (an)other(s).

The second safeguard is that you do not get all the killed player's lost exp, only a majority fraction. So on a pure exp valuation it is not a 100% crossover.

Thanks for the compliment, means a lot. cheers

Tester Screens :D

Different Warlocks will behave and 'shoot' differently. ;)

warlockbeam.jpg

Locked Door? ;)
unknown.png

Have a nice weekend.

Alright so first of all -- congratulations, I am very impressed with what you have managed to do and the quality that permeates it. I definitely had the feeling of "rediscovering" Tibia when I tried the server yesterday, and managed to get to level 12 before I met my first Sad Fate.

Speaking of which, is it always 100% gear drop upon death? I have to admit, after grinding for my chain set and steel shield for hours it felt extremely demotivating to lose them all (as well as rope, shovel, gp etc) to a surprise Mino Guard south of Thais... Again, I agree with your premise of making Tibia more unpredictable and harder again, but if every death carries a 100% risk of complete gear loss, it is my opinion that you have transgressed from "challenging" to "torture" (at least in the early game where exploration is key and eq is limited).

Last edited:
Speaking of which, is it always 100% gear drop upon death? I have to admit, after grinding for my chain set and steel shield for hours it felt extremely demotivating to lose them all (as well as rope, shovel, gp etc) to a surprise Mino Guard south of Thais... Again, I agree with your premise of making Tibia more unpredictable and harder again, but if every death carries a 100% risk of complete gear loss, it is my opinion that you have transgressed from "challenging" to "torture" (at least in the early game where exploration is key and eq is limited).

This gave me an idea that in turn requires a little bit of work. But if done properly it could be something.
Put items in tiers and in which the tier is the level of drop chance per item when you die.
Tier 1 - All rook items - 0% drop chance per item
Tier 2 - After tier 1 up to Plate set - Higher than tier-1-%
Tier 3 - Up to Crown armor - higher than tier-2-%
and so on.

Basically, the greater the item you have in a slot the bigger is the chances of it to drop upon death.
(Backpacks are not included in tiers)

This could give some securiity and encourage new players to keep going - but the better items they have in each slot they can equip the danger of loosing said item is higher.

edit: could be as simple as half the weight of the item is the drop %. Heavier item -> bigger drop chance

Last edited:
Alright so first of all -- congratulations, I am very impressed with what you have managed to do and the quality that permeates it. I definitely had the feeling of "rediscovering" Tibia when I tried the server yesterday, and managed to get to level 12 before I met my first Sad Fate.

Luckily no. lol You will not lose all your eq when you die everytime. Losing EQ/Gear when dying here is the same as an original 7.4 Server: 10% Base, 7% Promo, 1% reduction for each blessing. Unfortunately because of a system we implemented a few days ago it created a temporary bug that has now been rectified. Sorry about that, I'll get your stuff back to you in game. Thanks for being patient.

We always thought it was lame that walking over fire or a tick (burning/energy/etc) would drain amulets and rings. So we changed that. Here the only way a amulet/ring will lose a charge if you get hit by a monster's attack.

A GM made this Dragon Necklace, so it had only 100 charges to start. In the Game Dragon Necklaces have 200.

Thanks,
Zown

This seems like a fun project to work on. I'm glad that you're developing something like this. I'd be happy to test out anything if you guys decide to have a open beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back