• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.6] SkylaniaOT Discussion Thread!

Lifer420

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hello there fellow OTlanders and welcome to the discussion thread for :

SkylaniaOT
Post here on what useless noob spawns you would like to see changed into higher level spawns!

I'll be updating my RL map (8.6, ew, I know) so there is a decent one for everyone to play. So far, i've edited a bunch and changed even more. I will be starting this thread so by the time we're ready to host it, people are already interested :) There's no set in stone rates for exp, magic and all of that fun stuff, so I won't bother posting it. Let's get started!

If you have any questions, post them below so I can add them to the FAQ!

•Temple
temple.png

•Temple #2
temple2.png

•Depot/Library - Fits most needs in one place
depot.png

•Depot # 2
depot2.png

•Travel places for free! (+Gengia, slightly edited)
BOATS.png

•Rotworms + Sewer = BORING! (Brimstones and Lancers are edited)
sewer.png

•Tired of non-profiting due to lack of supplies? That changes NOW!
Code:
Click USE to get supplies
(The loot rate for packages are medium for the low ones to drop, and get harder for the major/super packages. Regular packages are dropped by low level monsters, minor are dropped by medium level monsters, and major/super are dropped by hard/harder monsters!)
potions.png

•Skylania also has the MOD for random item attributes! (Credits to @Cykotitan for creating/releasing, and @imkingran for helping me getting it to work properly!)

♦Rare Stats = 6% Chance - 25% chance for 2nd stat
♦Special stats = 4% Chance - 45% chance for 2nd stat
♦Legendary Stats (Always 2) = 2% Chance
itemstats.png

•A bunch of spawns are edited/expanded! North Thais trolls are revamped to undead creatures, which leads into the circle spawn! (There's more expanded/edited spawns but I want people to find them out for themselves!)
northghouls.png

•Edron Demons REVAMP!
demons.png

demons2.png

demons3.png

•Required items for addons are changed. Outfits with both addons also give bonuses - so they're definitely worth getting now!
addons.png

•Skylania has a raid system for certain monsters that drop addon/creature products. The time for each one to raid(spawn) will be different depending on difficulty. BEWARE : Their hp is higher and the damage output is slightly highered - but they drop a decent amount of addon products depending on what that creature originally drops.
addonmonsters.png

•Annhi's bear was exchanged for the Thunder Hammer, for club fighters. Does some thunder damage also.
(Bear is obtainable in other ways!)
annhi.png

•Don't you hate leaving your spawn just to exchange that life crystal for a ring? Make it easier! Click USE! (Doesn't give you a bag also)
lifering.png

Last edited:
Tired of the same old BK quest?! Not anymore!

image.png

bk2.png

bk3.png

bk4.png

bk5.png

bk6.png

bk7.png

bk8.png

bk9.png

bk10.png

bk11.png

Last edited:
FAQ
1. 10k quest is an edited version, takes all vocs, no items.
2. There are no "VIP only" spawns/quests.

3. Exp will be medium/low - skills =low. ML rate is medium/low.
4. Addons are slightly easier to obtain, and give bonus stats.
5. There's more expanded/edited spawns, I wont spoil where/which.

Last edited:
I know everyone uses elfbot, that's why when it comes out, the people who 100% afk cavebot are getting banned. Also adding an anti-bot system which is hard to be countered with a bot :)

@mich3208 now check the thread, added screens :) Lemme know what you think so far!

Last edited:
Some cool features, shame it's wasted on a real map. Good luck though.

Yeah I started to edit it a while ago, and decided recently to mess around with it again. The majority of players play 8.6 to bot, and like real map for some reason, so I stuck with this. If I were to choose a version for an OT though i'd def go with the newer ones :p

a good idea might be to make rares appear a different color in the loot msg

I have it set to appear once, then wait 2 seconds, then appear again saying RARE above the body. I wanted to make it show 5 times, but I couldn't figure out how to add it more than one extra time. Maybe @imkingran will help me (again, for the 5th time) on getting it to say rare even more times ^^

If you have any questions, post them below so I can add them to the FAQ!

I know everyone uses elfbot, that's why when it comes out, the people who 100% afk cavebot are getting banned. Also adding an anti-bot system which is hard to be countered with a bot :)

@mich3208 now check the thread, added screens :) Lemme know what you think so far!

Sounds like fun, although I'm kind of confused by the attributes and percentages, not really sure how they're generated.

Sounds like fun, although I'm kind of confused by the attributes and percentages, not really sure how they're generated.

There's a 6% chance to drop a "rare" item, and when that rare drops from the 6% chance, there's a 25% chance when it's dropped, for a 2nd stat to be added. They're setup differently depending on item.

Weapons = atk speed/atk/defense +% Wands/Rods = Atk speed/range +%

Armor/shields = Armor/defense +%

Rings/Amulets = Duration/Charges +%

Last edited:
There's a 6% chance to drop a "rare" item, and when that rare drops frmo the 6% chance, there's a 25% chance when it's dropped, for a 2nd stat to be added. They're setup differently depending on item.

Weapons = atk speed/atk/defense +% Wands/Rods = Atk speed/range +%

Armor/shields = Armor/defense +%

Rings/Amulets = Duration/Charges +%

Ah yeah now I get it, sounds like fun. Guess I'll be trying it out when you decide to launch it, even though I'd prefer a custom map haha.

Ah yeah now I get it, sounds like fun. Guess I'll be trying it out when you decide to launch it, even though I'd prefer a custom map haha.

When I launch it, i'm going to be working on a custom OT while this one runs :) I was thinking of going for the newer version though, since 8.6 is just lame for custom

Cmon people, if you view it - I want your HONEST opinions. I don't care if you say it sucks, it's 8.6 full of bots, I don't care. I'm doing it to host for the community of those who still play (basically bot) 8.6 - So, leave a comment, whether it be about the gameplay, monsters, screenshots; ANYTHING!

Added new BK Quest (Crown armor/shield) to the 2nd post screens!

QUESTION - IF I ADVERTISE A THREAD FOR A TEST/BETA SERVER AND THE PARTICIPANTS WHO FIND BUGS/HELP WITH THINGS GET REWARDS, WOULD YOU PLAY/TEST IT TO GET READY FOR THE REAL THING?!

So why not update to 8.7?

So why not update to 8.7?

Because, it's work. I'm doing 8.6 because I already have everything done for it and everything compiled and blah blah. Plus I know everyone will play it even if they don't cavebot - they might just use it to heal/train, who knows. That's why i'll be on watch for botters, thanks.

@Raging_Mage Thanks, im thinking of just getting an AD on otservlist soonish (1-2 weeks after more updating) then just run the actual server.

Back