• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TibiaSwap.com - Retro reinvented - Discussion Thread

M4rcin

soerpg.com
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'd like to introduce you to TibiaSwap, a project on which I've been working recently
medival.png
Discord
Register

TibiaSwap aims to create the perfect version of the classic Tibia - avoiding redundant and player-unfriendly mechanics, while enabling the skill-oriented
and introducing new, exciting content to keep players engaged and challenged.
Created by professional developers (check us) with retro tibia at heart, but with modern user experience in mind, to gather all genre enthusiasts.

Swap-your-sprites - choose old-school, Tibia 13 or AI-upscaled animations, that you can switch at any time
sprites.gif

TibiaSwap features most of the important old-school mechanics, such as no use-hotkeys, no spell cooldown UH "queueing",
correct respawn interactions, monster loot affecting stats, map saving (...), and the rope trick
ropetrick.gif

TibiaSwap offers various modern improvements too
  • OAuth login that allows you to authenticate without a password
  • Unique rarity system that improves the end-game, without affecting the early stages of the game
  • Custom forge to modify aforementioned rare items
  • Fiendish creatures that you'll have to hunt down to get resources for the improvements
  • Custom bestiary
  • Endgame bosses and dungeons with scaling difficulty, timers and leaderboards
  • Chat-with-discord integration, so you can keep up to date with recent raids.
  • Easily accessible War Server

It was launched on 10/14/2022 and peaked about a month after launch with 179 unique players online.
I'll use this thread to post updates and cool features (or bugs haha) our team created. Feel free to ask me questions - be it about gameplay or development.

Last edited:
peaked about a month after launch with 179 unique players online.
couldnt verify it at that point you removed online count and whoisonline on website

now there is 12 "players" online but if u try to click on online list u get discord invite also in past u had server called valoria and u spoofed it a bit at some point aswell

couldnt verify it at that point you removed online count and whoisonline on website

now there is 12 "players" online but if u try to click on online list u get discord invite also in past u had server called valoria and u spoofed it a bit at some point aswell
Valoria thread has been created with this same forum account and your accusations are lol :rolleyes:
Discussion with you is as pointless and I'm not going to feed the troll.

Nope, similar name, completely different project.
If you want to read more about it, most of our game info is on our Whitepaper, Discord and in the game client.

Last edited:
The online list is available through our status server (mandatory if you want to advertise on otslists), we only show the online count on our website.
Most of our game info is on our Whitepaper, Discord, or in the game client.
so why u couldnt provide online character list?

btw 15 online on website, 10 on otserverlist xD

We did, it was available through our API all that time and recently also our status.
so why it is not possible to check it right now? and it wasnt possible back then when peak was 100+ (atleast claimed by you) we had to manually add every character from highscores to vip list and check ingame if they are online or not

I do not recommend. They were not reached mapper. Although the server is refined, and there are really few errors, I know because I checked it myself, but the owner leaves a lot to be desired, he seems to want to develop the server, he supposedly wants the best for the players, but he is terribly greedy. It's not a bad server, but the man who runs it leaves a lot to be desired. Online list server shows people available on discord and not on the server. They don't spoof, but that's it. Some more weird cryptocurrencies. A large copy of Tibiaswap, but weaker. However, if someone wants to try it, I personally do not like lies and fairy tales.

But, this isn't a copy of tibiaswap, this guy just changed name on otland and discord
It is previous owner of valoria and tibiaswap 1st edition
Unstable emotionally owner +
This is the very first edition of TibiaSwap
xD
So not recommending and be careful about this guy

But, this isn't a copy of tibiaswap, this guy just changed name on otland and discord
It is previous owner of valoria and tibiaswap 1st edition
Unstable emotionally owner +

xD
So not recommending and be careful about this guy
This is the first and only "edition" so far. It launched last year, in October.

This is my GitHub username, with which I used to contribute to OTCv8, Valoria, and TibiaSwap over the last couple of years,
even before you created your OTLand profile ;)

I do not recommend. They were not reached mapper. Although the server is refined, and there are really few errors, I know because I checked it myself, but the owner leaves a lot to be desired, he seems to want to develop the server, he supposedly wants the best for the players, but he is terribly greedy. It's not a bad server, but the man who runs it leaves a lot to be desired. Online list server shows people available on discord and not on the server. They don't spoof, but that's it. Some more weird cryptocurrencies. A large copy of Tibiaswap, but weaker. However, if someone wants to try it, I personally do not like lies and fairy tales.
I imagine you might be confused but greed? We don't offer any P2W and you can visit my LinkedIn to see my other sources of income.

Last edited:
One of the often overlooked TibiaSwap features is HD Minimap, disabled by default (you can toggle it in Options > Graphics).
Although it's a little clearer, I'm not sure it's really easier to use. What do you think? Should it be enabled or disabled by default?
updateteaser.gif

Last edited:
Another cool feature is our custom way to upgrade your items - Thaian Forge, inspired by the retail tibia, but not completely.

Previously, rare items could only be dropped from monsters, rendering most quest rewards obsolete.
Now, players have an opportunity to upgrade their common items to uncommon and better - it is pretty costly tho.

forge.gif

Also, keep in mind that our War Server is only one click away, no matter if you have an account already.
warserv.gif

Last edited:
And now it's time for something new - Let's say you want to buy a Tibia house - wouldn't it be cool to know exactly the size, the rent, and all the other details without a tedious search on the website for which you have to CTRL + F the name and all that fuss?

The game already knows the information you're looking for, so why alt-tab? Just click on the door frame of the empty house, duh!
ezgif.com-crop.gif
This module is WIP and will be a part of our future update.
It will cover house trading, quick furniture access, and guest list management.

Last edited:
And now it's time for something new - Let's say you want to buy a Tibia house - wouldn't it be cool to know exactly the size, the rent, and all the other details without a tedious search on the website for which you have to CTRL + F the name and all that fuss?

The game already knows the information you're looking for, so why alt-tab? Just click on the door frame of the empty house, duh!
View attachment 77303
This module is WIP and will be a part of our future update.
It will cover house trading, quick furniture access, and guest list management.
Is there any approximate date when this will come out? to be able to play it

Is there any approximate date when this will come out? to be able to play it
It will be available in an upcoming update. along with other cool features like new enchant attributes, new dungeons, and more.

1692454485527.png

As already mentioned, TibiaSwap allows you to play without an account on our War Server, but also the regular game may be passwordless, thanks to Google OAuth.

oauth.gif

PS: There is a toast that informs the user to alt-tab obviously, but it's not visible on the gif :(

Last edited:
Quality of these custom additions is astonishing. Probably the best I have seen compared to other OTs.

Back