• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.x] Tibia World RPG is coming back - What Cipsoft should do

@Ingens

First of all, thanks for your opinion ;]

* I've heard some players and I've removed all the new spells, and also I kept old formulas from old spells, based in Tibia 7.6/7.7
* I disagree with you that Main Island and Premium Islands have been heavily edited, there's only some new caves and quests, and alot more of details embellishing the map, that's true.

As I said in one my posts here:
Nottinghster said:
The only place that I think it's really OP is Yalahar (didn't check all Farmine & Zao), but Liberty Bay (with Shattered Isles), Svargrond (extension of Folda, Vega & Senja) sounds like oldschool

1 - NPCs should sell runes with original charge ? YES!
2 - NPCs should sell runes with doubled charge ? NO!
3 - NPCs shouldn't sell runes ? NO, they SHOULD sell but with original charges while runes cujured are 2x charges(except for SDs, its very important!)
4 - NPCs should sell backpack of life fluid and mana fluid ? YES
5 - NPCs should sell potions and backpack of potions ? THERE SHOULD BE NO POTIONS!!!! they sucked and they ruined 8.6
6 - NPCs should sell wands and rods? yes
7 - Monsters should drop potions as loot ? no potions at all!

I agree with this guy as well! :)

1 - NPCs should sell runes with original / double charge or even sell runes? YES! -> NO, only if the loot rate match perfectly with Profit/Waste on hunts, which is a really hard thing to do, since you have to test it over a period of time, otherwise you wont have certain vocations to make a balance on the server. (Runes on shop have killed the RPG, r.i.p. tibia)
*One of the funniest things to do, IMO, is to kill AFK runers, and it's not only me that has fun doing it. Again, runes should be only "castable" and should be double.
2 - NPCs should sell backpack of life fluid and mana fluid? YES -> That would be a neat feature :)
3 - NPCs should sell wands and rods? YES -> NO, whats the point of this? Rods and Wands should be gotten from dead monsters / quests, again RPG DEAD if so.
4 - POTIONS -> NO, DELETE POTIONS, BURN THEM, BURY THEM, JUST DON'T LET THEM GET INTO GAME. Also adjust the price of manafluid to 55 gold coins, otherwise Rune market will have weird statistics.

My personal review after an hour online:

My fears with this server was that it wasn't really going to be oldschool with that huge new tibia map and all those new spells and runes. Pretty much the same thought all of you who posted before me had. I now spent quite some time online on the server testing everything and I have to admit that I was really impressed how RPG this server really was. Even I who only play to kill other players ( :rolleyes: ) want to rpg on this server while spending some time killing former enemies now and then ofcourse! This is pretty much an oldschool server with a few new tibia features such as graphical design and content. Now, the oldschool system was although taken over by the huge new tibia map, spells and runes and fortunately Nottinghster has listened to his community and removed the new spells as well as only launching the server with the regular OLDSCHOOL islands (main island->venore, thais etc etc, edron, darashia and ankrahmun). The new islands from new tibia can always be added later on when people have gotten used to the server and want to further explore new tibia in an oldschool environment. I recommended Nottinghster to add ONE island at a time with one or two months separation to slowly introduce the whole map (except for yalahar, that's shit;)) We'll probably see his decision soon.

Right now I only have two worries:

Wands <- that's not oldschool, remove them please.
New runes?
<- The server has enough new tibia features as it is, the main goal should be to keep the graphical design in a new tibia way, not the actuall gameplay. However I have to admit that some runes (adori frigo for example) were great inventions. I suggest keeping some of the new runes while removing the ones that doesn't really fit in to oldschool tibia such as the FRIGO GFB, what's up with that really?
cmon you're not supposed to be able to GFB dragons :D.

Thanks for showing me the server man. I'll stay updated!

@Ingens

It was a pleasure to show my project to you and really thanks for your big feedback!

Now let's talk about your ideas:

* Wands -> I'm thinking about that, to remove or not from shop, since wands and rods are dropped from monsters.
* New runes -> No, they won't be added, since the "old" runes are very well balanced with their own formulas.

But remember, the server isn't based in 7.4 damages/costs, and in 7.6/7.7 damage/costs ;)

1 - NPCs should sell runes with original / double charge or even sell runes? YES! -> NO, only if the loot rate match perfectly with Profit/Waste on hunts, which is a really hard thing to do, since you have to test it over a period of time, otherwise you wont have certain vocations to make a balance on the server. (Runes on shop have killed the RPG, r.i.p. tibia)
*One of the funniest things to do, IMO, is to kill AFK runers, and it's not only me that has fun doing it. Again, runes should be only "castable" and should be double.
2 - NPCs should sell backpack of life fluid and mana fluid? YES -> That would be a neat feature :)
3 - NPCs should sell wands and rods? YES -> NO, whats the point of this? Rods and Wands should be gotten from dead monsters / quests, again RPG DEAD if so.
4 - POTIONS -> NO, DELETE POTIONS, BURN THEM, BURY THEM, JUST DON'T LET THEM GET INTO GAME. Also adjust the price of manafluid to 55 gold coins, otherwise Rune market will have weird statistics.

Thanks alot for your feedback @Okee

The price of mana fluid already is 55 gold coins, it's based in CipSoft NPC Files

@Ingens

It was a pleasure to show my project to you and really thanks for your big feedback!

* Wands -> I'm thinking about that, to remove or not from shop, since wands and rods are dropped from monsters.
* New runes -> No, they won't be added, since the "old" runes are very well balanced with their own formulas.

But remember, the server isn't based in 7.4 damages/costs, and in 7.6/7.7 damage/costs ;)

I think that Ingens meant to remove wands completely but I don't know if that's good idea while it's 8.0 (at least the map and monsters)

@Ingens

Keep wands, playing low level mage is painful without it.

@Nottinghster for wands, just make 3 wands (usable by druids and sorcs) make the first one do 15~ dmg pvm, 2nd one do 28~ dmg pvm, and the final one doing like 50~ pvm. First wand energy, 2nd wand fire, 3rd wand death. That takes out the use for all the wands people never use anyway, plus it's not too overpowered and keeps the oldschool feel still. I'm sure people will disagree, but I wouldn't mind it. Would also be interested in trying test server. Got a few more hours today if you'd like :)

I thought the damage formulas etc were going to be 7.4 as that is what I assume when discussing oldschool as that is -the one and true oldschool version:cool:- but if the formulas are 7.72 there's no reason to remove the wands that were made specifically for that version. I could use a break from those clerical maces anyway!

Edit-> Lifer420 made a very logical statement above! Signed. I always thought real tibia made way too much mess when it came to all their wands and rods.

I thought the damage formulas etc were going to be 7.4 as that is what I assume when discussing oldschool as that is -the one and true oldschool version:cool:- but if the formulas are 7.72 there's no reason to remove the wands that were made specifically for that version. I could use a break from those clerical maces anyway!
There's not so much difference between damages in 7.4 and 7.6/7.7, but the costs are different, since UE was 800 mana points in 7.4 and in 7.6/7.7 was 1200 mana points

Just a random picture in-game, look at the beautiful light effect

Cnith8u_L.png

It really will be a unique experience to play an oldschool server with new graphical designs, post a picture of Carlin temple, that was gorgeous!

Back