• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

860 spell casting

dominique120

Science & Reason
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a wonder: Back in the days of 8.60 was it possible to cast a healing spell like "exura vita" while using SD on a creature?

I remember something about groups being implemented in some version or something but I dont remember.

I have a wonder: Back in the days of 8.60 was it possible to cast a healing spell like "exura vita" while using SD on a creature?

I remember something about groups being implemented in some version or something but I dont remember.

Haha yes, it was implanted with 8.7(cooldown systems)
And a tip is to not use 5xxx, use 3xxx since it has the correct spells.cpp.

Haha yes, it was implanted with 8.7(cooldown systems)
And a tip is to not use 5xxx, use 3xxx since it has the correct spells.cpp.

Yeah you guessed it I'm using a 5xxx rev that was downgraded to 860, its very stable but has this little problem.

Yeah you guessed it I'm using a 5xxx rev that was downgraded to 860, its very stable but has this little problem.
Hah no its rly not. Ohman invited me to the server, idk what went wrong but 2-3 min to start an rl map?! And the lagging when the server has started for a small while. Btw why did you choose to go with 5xxx insted of 3xxx?

Hah no its rly not. Ohman invited me to the server, idk what went wrong but 2-3 min to start an rl map?! And the lagging when the server has started for a small while. Btw why did you choose to go with 5xxx insted of 3xxx?

The src he has has loads of compiling problems, and I tried a few of mine that have some issues a well. I've used this rev before myself and I knew it worked well(back when I was using 0.4 for my ot) and compiled fine in windows and linux so I just used that. The spell thing will not be a problem anymore as someone is fixing it.

And seriously it takes like 2 min to load the map? the first times it was taking no more that 30 seconds.

The src he has has loads of compiling problems, and I tried a few of mine that have some issues a well. I've used this rev before myself and I knew it worked well(back when I was using 0.4 for my ot) and compiled fine in windows and linux so I just used that. The spell thing will not be a problem anymore as someone is fixing it.

And seriously it takes like 2 min to load the map? the first times it was taking no more that 30 seconds.

Who is fixing it, I tried adding a simple if statment since the spells.cpp he had only went into a constat int for the exh. time, insted of 2 ints.
He logged onto mine, said use that account, then he said it will take some time untill it has loaded completely, was about 2-3 min according to him.

Who is fixing it, I tried adding a simple if statment since the spells.cpp he had only went into a constat int for the exh. time, insted of 2 ints.
He logged onto mine, said use that account, then he said it will take some time untill it has loaded completely, was about 2-3 min according to him.

decltype is doing the fix. I'm curious now about the 3xxx revs, I'm setting up a vm now with deb7 to test out a clean 3777.

So did the changes you did work?

decltype is doing the fix. I'm curious now about the 3xxx revs, I'm setting up a vm now with deb7 to test out a clean 3777.

So did the changes you did work?

They did not, we also tried to replace the full file, but ofc there has been changes, gave some errors about cooldown ints.
Why don't you help him compile a 3777 with the datapack he has? According to him the hard part he had is compiling the server. We also tried to compile one, but gave some errors.

As expected, errors in the clean 3884 and 3777. Altough I can fix some of them as I have in the past I just thought it easier and more convenient to move to a newer and more stable rev.

As expected, errors in the clean 3884 and 3777. Altough I can fix some of them as I have in the past I just thought it easier and more convenient to move to a newer and more stable rev.
What types of errors? The only errors you can have you you compiled it correctly is that you are missing openssl. And I hope you know how to install openssl...

They did not, we also tried to replace the full file, but ofc there has been changes, gave some errors about cooldown ints.
Why don't you help him compile a 3777 with the datapack he has? According to him the hard part he had is compiling the server. We also tried to compile one, but gave some errors.

He has a 3884 and also want WAR so that narrows down our options here. I want to try fixing this 5xxx rev, someone said they had done it so I dont see how I cant(with help ofc lol) fix this myself.

He has a 3884 and also want WAR so that narrows down our options here. I want to try fixing this 5xxx rev, someone said they had done it so I dont see how I cant(with help ofc lol) fix this myself.
Fix it yourself does not mean you need help? Then you can fix it via the help of others...
And "narrows it down" wtf? Almost every 0.4 rev has a war system built into it, stop jerking around if you knew anything about 0.4 you would know that a long time before 3777 and 3884 elfs war system was included, and could be added via adding a new flag to the compiler.
Just make it easy, setup the server with 3777 since he is using linux. Also if you had read up on 0.4, you would know that 3777 is the best 8.6, 0.4 rev you can use. The 5xxx might be stable, but requiers alot of edits. All the doors ingame, and alot more. (Atleast was like that when the first released we're made)

What types of errors? The only errors you can have you you compiled it correctly is that you are missing openssl. And I hope you know how to install openssl...

Actual src errors not missing packages lol. Like errors about boost and what not. This was for my server but the I said screw it and I went to TFS 1.0

I already did all the edit, all thats missing now is the spell exhaust and maybe a few lua errors here and there.

After I'm done with this I'm going to fix up 3777.

I already did all the edit, all thats missing now is the spell exhaust and maybe a few lua errors here and there.

After I'm done with this I'm going to fix up 3777.

Good and maybe release it? If not im gonna do it. 3777 with the bug fix of walking of dead monsters. (That code is lost I think, if not on the premium board.)

Good and maybe release it? If not im gonna do it. 3777 with the bug fix of walking of dead monsters. (That code is lost I think, if not on the premium board.)

Its on the pemy board, an I fixed it up just a few minutes ago, I'm running a final compile to test it. After that I'm packing it and sending it to Ohman

Back