• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

~ 'ALAGAESIA: Realm of the Dragons' Map Development Thread ~

Eden

Precursor
Reaction score
Welcome to the Map Development Thread for Tri-soft's OTS, Alagaesia: Realm of the Dragons!

In this thread, you will be able to watch as the massive map is created from now until 7.7.12, which is the set date for the opening. Proper credits will be given at all times, for this thread will contain mapping work from multiple people working on the map, not just me.

To begin with, and this might be stupid to some, but I'm not showing direct mapping work yet. Below I'm going to be posting the current drawn map plan.

mapcn.png

Now, the next picture is very important for I need to know some opinions here. Below is the distance plan in comparison to the drawn map. I want to know if you people think it's either too small, too big, or fine. I will also post an edited picture of the drawn map for the sake of comparing, which is how i determined distances via mapping and paint.
PS: Sorry, I know the image is huge but i need to show you exactly how big it is planned to be right now.

minimapgrounds.png
mapminirefer.png

~Ingame~ by Peroxide
Bandit Hideout
tumblr_lvh59ibLZ41r1utmjo1_500.png

~Random Beach Thing~ by Eden
beachthingy.png

~Basics of a Dovah Shrine~ by Eden
dovahshrinebasic.png

~Village, Any ideas on what it's supposed to be?~ By Leftwing, Peroxide and Prest
tumblr_lvryntmSZn1r1utmjo1_500.png

~Daret, town on the Great River~

daret1.png

daret2.png

daret3.png

daret4.png

daret5.png

~Galerun [In the works] by Marcos

galerun2.png

galerun1.png

galerun3.png

galerun4.png

~Dovah Shrine by Eden
shrine1.png

shrine2.png

shrine3.png

Last edited:
@Leftwing; That's what she said.
Hahahah, okay on topic. Yes, it's going to be pretty damn big, but we saw fit that it should be because this kind of OT would suck on a tiny map.

In order to complete such a huge map, it would require at least 4 mappers that work every day for at least 2 hours, and it would be done somewhere in February. Good luck hiring people :S

In order to complete such a huge map, it would require at least 4 mappers that work every day for at least 2 hours, and it would be done somewhere in February. Good luck hiring people :S
+1 what he said

Except it's to be finished by July, not Feb =P
I will be working it personally at least 2-3 hours a day though, starting December 7th. For now, I'll be just putting as much as possible, probably an hour or a little more. Pretty darn busy right now =x

lol'd when i saw map size. only 25% will be used of it for a start, so why create sooooo big?!

Anwyways, to ignore that silly reply, here's a little random thing. Took a little longer than it should have, but it was 4am in morning and i was pretty tired. Here it is anyways.

beachthingy.png

well, good luck with the proyect. but 99% of all custom projects does not come online, mainly because the map is not big enough - you got a high goal, good luck ;)

nice mapping, but how do you get the latest sprites?!?!?!

Thanks, but this is a swear upon my own grave; I alone will not stop working on this server until it's finished, even if that means that I will have to learn scripting by myself from square one.

And just download the latest rme and the latest 9.31 server distro, use the items.otb and .xml from that distro and put it in the rme 9.20 folder. Done =P

speaking of about skyrimlike server... will waters be swim able? i mean in place of getting boat you can swim by urself

Back