• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Allow Multi Protocol from 8.5 to 8.6

renancs

Reaction score
Im looking for a way to recompile the sources, to able clientes from 8.5 to 8.6 protocol login in mine server.
This is Possible?
is yes, How?

i've tried to recompile, "MIN and MAX version" already.

but, its possible?
Cuz when i compilled, , and try enter with a 8.54 client, the client always de bug, qhen the caracter log in.

So, work, but the client always de-bug?

what happens if there are 8.6 monsters in the map and a player logs in with 8.54 client? You think it won't debug? Those monsters would not exist @ 8.54 client.

haha, i think i dont explain right.

Im using the CRYING DANSOM 0.3.5 - so its work with the 8.5 protocol. And im trying to able the NEW clients enter in mine Server, like the clients with 8.54 protocol.
In this cenario, the client with 8.54 protocol de-bug every time, that i tried to login.

And i think that the *.spr its OK, so, all that 8.5 has the 8.54 has too.

maybe now, i explain a little better?
Sorry bad english =P

and thank you for the support;

there are some tutorials here in the forum, just search them
they require cpp compilation

there are some tutorials here in the forum, just search them
they require cpp compilation

I already make the recopilation
And i make theses changes, to allow the clientes conect.
PHP:
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 850
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 860
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STRING "Only clients with protocol from 8.5 to 8.6 allowed!"

#define STATUS_SERVER_NAME "The Forgotten Server"
#define STATUS_SERVER_VERSION "0.3.5"
#define STATUS_SERVER_CODENAME "Crying Damson"
#define STATUS_SERVER_PROTOCOL "8.6"

But when a player with aanother procoloal instead 8.5 try to login, he debug.
client actions:
1 - Login/Password: OK;
2 - Characters list: OK;
3 - Login in the server: FAIL with de-bug;

Im trying to copi the entire de-bug error, but i dont know how I can copy from client.

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT CYBERSHOT SAID?! A PROTOCOL HAS CHANGED SO IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO MAKE MULTIPROTOCOL WITH 8.6

<omg shouting!>

i think u dont understand what i said.
if u cant help, just dont reply.
i dont need unless opnion in here.

you can but its really fu*king buggy, not recommended but just change the MIN and MAX protocol, and if it doesnt work then click Rebuild project and it should compile properly

Back