• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

An idea about new currency. RPG servers.

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Edit: I change my mind. OT is open. That has been my thought about it before and now i got greedy. I apologise.
Here is the idea:

You split all monsters(not bosses) into three groups. Easy, medium and hard. Every monster in the groups have a drop chance of this special, lightweight, stackable item. That you can later use to buy equipment from a special shop located somewhere in the server. Each group have their own drop, currency.
The drop chance of these items should be rare, very rare or even extremely rare.

With these you can either buy items such as armors, weapons, decoration, outfits, addons and maybe even mounts.

With this system players that are able to get better equipment, without doing dangerous quests. Altough the downside to this is you would need plenty of these items to buy your item(s). Lower levels and higher levels can be able to get items sooner or later without depending on the actual drop chance. If you want your item even quicker, do the quest or hunt specific monsters to get that item.

In category easy you can buy items for, lets say items that require lower level then 45.

At medium you could save your currency to buy items like dragon shield, knight legs, noble axe, wand of inferno and more items around that specific level and monster difficulty.

And no.. in this category hard you cant buy overpowered items that drops from strong bosses, more like golden armors, giant swords and demon shields etc.
If you want the best of the best item go kill bosses and do the most difficult quests.

Last edited:
I can think two ways of making this happen. Either you add the loot to every single monster in your database or there is an onKill script with a math.random function to create this item and put it in your backpack. This way it cant be ninjad/Stolen from you

I've seen similar systems like this in a few servers over the years, it worked out pretty nicely. Especially if the items you buy with the new currency aren't available any other way. If the new currency develops correctly in a server its really nice, and gives you something to look forward to when hunting.

Seems like it got good response! Those of you who did read this, congratulations! Ill remove it now:)

Edit: I change my mind. OT is open. That has been my thought about it before and now i got greedy. I apologise.

First post has been updated

Last edited:
I do see possible problems with :
1)transitions between levels of currency
2)possible worthlessness of low level currency and later on medium one.
Ad 2)There is no point for high level guy to keep low level currency unless he can transform it to higher one, because he needs only best weapons, and has no point in keeping old ones. Remedy is keeping old gold system for players alongside of new currency.
Ad 1)Basically when you got decent equipment for ~40 it is pointless to keep those money cause they are not usable on higher levels. Again problem is solved by gold. Also one should allow getting those medium currency levels in lower quantities from strongest of easy class monsters so progression is not too steep.
Yours idea is quite interesting but whatever it would work fine or not depends on details of implementation.

You have a good point of views and suggestions, Gall. We have already updated the idea and did some touches to it. Like the strongest monster of lets say elfs, orcs, minotaurs, spiders etc already drop medium currency.
Also this are not meant to take over the original gold, platinum and crystal coins at all. The old currency is still the leading currency. And if you get higher lvl and dont hunt lower tier monster, why throw them away? Save them for alt characters, sell them to players or just not pick them up. This system should not replace quests either. It help lower players to be able to start on a new server and be able to get decent items for their level range

Back