• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Are you doing something about the freezes ?

kevin1

Reaction score
It is starting to get really annoying, are you actually doing something about it or are you just hoping its gonna stop ?

Dont mean to sound rude or anything..

The freezes are because of saves, we could completely disable them and then you'd lose up to 24 hours of work instead of 3 hours (like the resets on CipSoft's servers when something goes wrong) if the server would crash. Instead of disabling the saves we're working at optimizing the save process to run as fast and smooth as possible. Right now I'm testing the rewritten code to make sure it doesn't break anything, hopefully the changes should take effect after next serversave (tomorrow).

so isnt better to save server for example 2x in day and 2x in night, but before it write msg "server going down please logout" or something?

Or before a save a warning message is displayed that the server is going to save, prepare to experience some lag. (Well not "some" really..about 16 mins worth of lag)

Lag could actually be pretty fun in pvp..our knight almost died during a lag...well it froze up in the middle of the fight and then those who were killing us were apparently still spamming sds..so he went from 5k hp to 1k hp..and no one could heal him :p So when the lag stopped he got UH spammed and sio'd during the lag..while I was spamming SDs at the enemy druids....following their deaths and a red skull :p

Good to know theres a solution being worked on, but tbh I would prefer no lag, (actually you cant call it lagg, because the server goes offline for like 15 min) and risk loosing a days work, then to be kicked from the game 15 min every 3 hours..

Server is frozen now, dident you recently say that the freezes were due to "attacks" on yoru server ?

Stop complaining kids!

The server is online 24/7 = rox
The server is great = rox
The server is unique = rox

SO STFU with the complaints!

Server is frozen now, dident you recently say that the freezes were due to "attacks" on yoru server ?

No, the attacks which occurred some time ago caused crashes but that has been solved now. The freezes are because of saves.

Stop complaining kids!

Its NOT on 24/7 though is it noob !!!

By the way, was I complaining ?

Good to know theres a solution being worked on, but tbh I would prefer no lag, (actually you cant call it lagg, because the server goes offline for like 15 min) and risk loosing a days work, then to be kicked from the game 15 min every 3 hours..

The problem is that the server saves just take a long time. Also the saves don't kick you. If you touch anything wrong then you get kicked...yes. I have never been kicked because of server saves(unless it crashed).

Btw I have noticed that the server maybe saves a bit too much. I mean some of the trash has been lying around since I've played the server..maybe that trash stacking up makes the save so long? A fix would be all to make all non-pz tiles to clear after the once a day server save?

Been offline for an hour now :(

Instead of disabling the saves we're working at optimizing the save process to run as fast and smooth as possible. Right now I'm testing the rewritten code to make sure it doesn't break anything, hopefully the changes should take effect after next serversave (tomorrow).

The server save he is talking about is the current one. They are probably implementing that new save system and maybe testing it and/or also making some other minor fixes to improve it.

Tho my speculation is that it messed up somehow because if they have the code it's a simple matter of copy paste, but something must have gone wrong with it while testing and now they are trying to fix it. Only a guess tho.

It would of be nice if they could of told us this before because some of us dont spend our whole day in fron of our computers, so we have a limited time to play, if we were told there was a chance the server wouldetn start I would of done something else instead of trying to logg in for like half an hour :p

It would of be nice if they could of told us this before because some of us dont spend our whole day in fron of our computers, so we have a limited time to play, if we were told there was a chance the server wouldetn start I would of done something else instead of trying to logg in for like half an hour :p

Yep totally agreed..I was going to spend this time either PKing with my friends or if that doesn't work out just fluiding the Mlvl of my druid. But now I'm just posting on the forum like mad:/

Stop complaining kids!

Its not online 24/7 you idiot. its online 12/7, lags,saves and crashes.

Dont try to lick GM, dummy.

Why the hell cant the admins fix this shit?

Its not online 24/7 you idiot. its online 12/7, lags,saves and crashes.

Dont try to lick GM, dummy.

Why the hell cant the admins fix this shit?

The uptime for the last 4 days have been all around..23h 45 min every day(15 min server save at 20:00).

I don't really see what you are talking about.

Back