• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Battleground concept

Vanderlay

Back on track
Premium User
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm going to implement a battleground concept into my server, but before I do that, I'd like to discuss this concept with you guys.

- Idea -
* You queue up for arenas, using a command. When there is enough players in the queue, you will get a confirmationdialog if you wish to enter the arena.
* If a player has PvP PZ(not PZ from monsters), that player will not be able to join the arena and will automatically leave the queue.
* Using runes/potions/ammunition do not consume charges while inside the arena.
* Players will not be able to pick up/throw/trade items while inside the arena - Note: Players will still be able to throw non-target required runes such as GFB/Mag walls.
* Players do not die inside the arena. Instead you get teleported to your base.
* The base has gates which opens up every 20 seconds and are open for 5 seconds, then closed again. This makes you unable to assist your team for the downtime while the gates are closed if you "die".
* You can queue up as solo, with your party or as a team.
* Queuing as a team requires you to create a team and invite players.
* You get/lose arena rating/points by winning/losing a game.
* With arena rating/points you can purchase unique items.
* The battleground is open for X minutes, and the team who dealt the most damage during this time wins.
* Team size would vary - 3v3, 5v5, 10v10, 20v20

Here are a few images from the spawn locations:

Ice side
YKbwHd9.jpg

Fire side
fnNejPq.jpg

Gates countdown
swiAcP1.jpg

So, what do you guys thinks about this concept?
Would it be fun? Sounds bad? Any ideas?

Any type of feedback is welcomed as this is a discussion thread, I'd really like to hear your ideas and thoughts!

I'm also looking for some testers for completing this feature so if you are interested, just let me know!

Thanks in advance,
Vanderlay

Last edited:
A few days has passed and not a single comment.
No one has anything to say?

I'm still looking for more testers. If its possible to get enough people, I'd like to test this feature today.

For anyone who is interested,

Public testing is now available for an hour or so.
Set IP to vanderlay.net:7272 and login with 1/1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sup,

i wanted to comment on this earlier, just dident had the time.

First off, i really love the idea. (i think some more info wouldent hurt thou)

+ i think this would really boost an fair Pvp. (since the war is more balanced and it disabled the running/stair hopping thingy
+ It makes guild's mather more, Since there are rewards. Good guild=Easy rewards. Who doesnt want to join or become a good guild.
+ A 3vs3 round sound like a lot of fun to! With a ladder system i think alot of players would compete to become on top of that!

- Thou i dont have an actual - but the screenshots you posted looks a bit boring. I know its just to give an idea but adding some terrain and obstacles in the war area would give an better vieuw of your idea.

also id like to make a small suggestion. We are all known to the games Dota Lol etc. an Version of the game could be that instead of the damge on players counts, The damge on a certain Thing like a crystal would count (Like destroying the Throne/Three) taking a few idea of that wouldent be a bad idea!

PS I really like your server, Mainly because the most things you make work without flaws.
and the Permanent stat gems i love them!

For the people That would like an stable real map all with some custom features Join me on Vanderlay.net!

Greets Van Gogh (Street Artist)

It is great idea and i think it would revolutionise pvp in tibia, becouse it's better than any war/arena systems which all we know. Anyone who played world of warcraft know, battlegrounds are inherent part of that game/pvp.

I suggest to make it in this way, to anyone could have chance to enjoy, even man without guild...
And the main thing is, player can not waste any money, potions, runes or stats, when die. Fun without risk and any obligiations(strings?).

Tell us something about how works going on.

Heres how far I've got.
Currently Solo queue is working perfectly.
Party works to queue, but it wont balance the team out, so your party member can end up in the other team.

Heres a bounch of screenshots of how stuff look.
I'll make a video later to show the entire process.

Commands:
jbUnHqC.jpg

Entering queue:
dHt8QKq.jpg

You can check the queue again by typing !bg solo - It wont put you at the end of the queue by doing this:
RGubIPh.jpg

When the queue is full, the message says:
EUrwIIE.jpg

When the battleground is ready:
pjFkqLq.jpg

If theres not enough players who accepted, you get placed back into the queue:
GYVnZE8.jpg

If enough players accept the request, you get teleported to the arena, automatically gets partied up with players in your team:
lBMyLIz.jpg

The gates are open for 5 seconds, then closed for 15 seconds(making your party member unable to join the fight):
NKs6spl.png

You cant deal damage to players in your own party(but you can target them):
My0lB3q.png

The game is about to end:
KEDeqoy.png

When the battleground ends, you get teleported to the position you were at when you joined.
You will see a message saying which team won and your team and enemy teams total damage.
You will see a message of how much damage you dealt, and also announce if you did the most damage on your team.
AFwxMA1.png

This is not seen:
- Runes/Ammo do not disappear while you are inside the arena.
- You can't trade/throw items, but you can cast runes such as GFB, Magic wall etc.
- When you die, you get teleported to your base, restoring your HP and mana.

Premade Characters(as seen in the images, PvP Druid, PvP Sorcerer etc) are able to queue with normal characters(the one you create your self)

Upcoming features:
- Updated map(this one looks horrible)
- Rating/ranking system. When you win you get points, if you lose, you loose points.
- With rating, you will be able to purchase battleground specific items.

Difference between premade characters and normal characters:
- Premade characters do not save, so you won't be able to gain rating/rank.
- Premade characters can't trade/throw items outside the arena.
- Anyone can enter the server as a premade character by logging in with account / password: 1/1
- Normal characters are leveled outside on the real map.
- Premade characters are stuck on an Island, making them unable to do anything but to queue for arena.

Please let me know what YOU about this feature and the current result.
And if you have any ideas yourself, please let me know!

I've wondered why anyone havent made this yet. Glad to see you got it working. Awesome thing, just one problem, you cant join while pz? Or only pvp pz? Otherwise you wouldnt be able to hunt while in queue. Awesome work mate!

EDIT: Derp, saw that you literally said PvP pz, my bad.

What about bg stats like each player kills/deaths ? I think system should contain it and stats should impact on points amount, which we get when win.

I dont think the points should impact by KD but KD stats will be saved for sure.
You can do a lot to help your team even if you dont get kills. Thats why i think the points shouldnt effect your KD.
KD = kills per death

Nice to see the use of modal windows. I think you can do more with that though, such as simplify the command by using options in the modal window though, i.e. changing the command to just !bg and then having "Solo", "Party" and "Team" appear as options in a modal window. What's the difference between a party and a team though?

Nice to see the use of modal windows. I think you can do more with that though, such as simplify the command by using options in the modal window though, i.e. changing the command to just !bg and then having "Solo", "Party" and "Team" appear as options in a modal window. What's the difference between a party and a team though?

That actually sounds like a nice idea, regarding the modal window for queue types. Going to look into it!
The differences between party and team queue is:
- Party queue are queued up with people who also have queued as party, or as solo.
- Team queue are a set number of players, for example 10 players. You must be 10 players and have a team to queue as team. When you do this, you only get to play versus other players who have queued up as a team.
- Team queues have their own specific rating, while party/solo Q will have their own rating.
- Rating will be used to balance team match-ups, requirements to buy specific items and more.

Answered a little more than what you asked but I felt like I have missed out on that.

Thanks for your feedback everyone!
And if you want to join the test server, let me know either in-game on Vanderlay.net or send me a PM here on OTLand.

This is really cool, Really liked that idea,would be cool with rating,But would only work with alot of people online
Also if it is an 1v1 it should spawn monsters becouse they can't most likely not solo each other

This is really cool, Really liked that idea,would be cool with rating,But would only work with alot of people online
Also if it is an 1v1 it should spawn monsters becouse they can't most likely not solo each other
I see what you mean, but this first basic concept is not about kills. Its about who dealt the most damage and its a timed event. So for example, the team who dealt the most damage under the period of 5minutes, wins.

I see what you mean, but the this first basic concept is not about kills. Its about who dealt the most damage and its a timed event. So for example, the team who dealt the most damage under the period of 5minutes, wins.
Well that's really cool

But i guess it would suck to be knight in this event

Last edited:
I think you can do more with that though, such as simplify the command by using options in the modal window though, i.e. changing the command to just !bg and then having "Solo", "Party" and "Team" appear as options in a modal window.

Heres an update with your suggestion and I think this looks a lot better than just using commands.
XkvJbFR.png

Going to fix Party Queue then I will open the test server for the public for an weekend or so.

Currently fixing the last(hopefully) of Party Queue.
There so much to take care of when enabling Party Queue so things wont fall apart.
Hopefully there will be an open beta this weekend.

Sorry about the lack of updates.
I just relaunched my server and this feature is included in my server.
So far I haven't noticed any bugs but the system isn't used as much as I hoped.

If you want to try it out, you can either create a character and level it to about 100(you need to be around lvl 100 in order to join the battlegrounds), or you can login with 1/1 and try with one of the premade characters.

Back