• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bitcoin users?

Do you use bitcoins?

• Yes

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 60.5%

• Total voters
what part of cryptocurrency you missunderstood?
I guess the whole concept. I’m not familiar with it at all, and I haven’t seen any service that I use accepting BTC. What do you use them to? What can you buy with them?

I guess the whole concept. I’m not familiar with it at all, and I haven’t seen any service that I use accepting BTC. What do you use them to? What can you buy with them?
I think its just virtual money which has own value, I saw some OT Servers which accept Bit Coins as Payment , and Near all stuffs are used to buy by bit coins on Deep Web.

I think its just virtual money which has own value, I saw some OT Servers which accept Bit Coins as Payment , and Near all stuffs are used to buy by bit coins on Deep Web.
I see. I am not a customer of any retailer or service provider found in the deep web. To me it's confusing when people start comparing the value of BTC with "real currency" as it seems to not be comparable, since you can't use it to the same extent. Still very interesting stuff, I hope it's not too late to tag a long on the BTC-train as it seems like it's growing larger and larger fast.

That used to be the case, but there's a lot of legitimate services (though mostly online) that accepts Bitcoin now, actually.
I'm not paying attention much to this kind of stuff, but I remember seeing some airline starting to accept Bitcoin years ago and I've heard a bunch of really big companies accept them as payment now.

I don't wanna do anyone's homework, but there are some legitimate advantages to and/or legitimate ideas behind cryptocurrencies.
I'm not gonna name most of them, but I'll share one arguably legitimate idea that might be the most relatable for this forum: Cryptocurrencies are the Open Source version or alternative to Proprietary government-controlled money.
Some reading-material about the idea, point or advantage of the Open Source model here, here and here.

Companies here in sweden starting now with BTC that you can purchase things. One company who already have it is webhallen.se they are supporting BTC!

Investing in a currency used for illegal transactions on the internet doesn't seem like the right thing to do.
Not to mention the power used for the mining process is enough to supply a small country.

Investing in a currency used for illegal transactions on the internet doesn't seem like the right thing to do.
Not to mention the power used for the mining process is enough to supply a small country.
Your first point is misinformed. Illegal transactions are made with every currency, and there's actually good reasons to think that government-controlled money is more dominated by criminals and other illegitimate actors than any digital currency is.
I agree with your second point, and would've left it at that if you didn't just make me realize that physical currency is actually just as environmentally unfriendly - just think of all of that timber, machines, ink, etc, continuously used for printing money.
Plus extremely environmentally unfriendly mega-rich ever-expanding companies live off physical currency, so physical currency is indirectly more environmentally unfriendly than any and all digital currencies combined.

Can someone enlighten me on how to exchange Bitcoins to an actual currency that can be used in todays world, outside the internet?

There is bitcoin ATMs around the world, or you can simply sell the crypto currency on the exchange. where it is instantly transfered to your bank or credit card.

I encourage everybody to buy Etherium and Litecoin right now, as it is predicted to go through the roof in the next few weeks.

You can try coinbase its easy to use for beginners in trading cryptocurrency -
Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency

There is bitcoin ATMs around the world, or you can simply sell the crypto currency on the exchange. where it is instantly transfered to your bank or credit card.

I encourage everybody to buy Etherium and Litecoin right now, as it is predicted to go through the roof in the next few weeks.

Not just few weeks, if you just thinking for the future and have money to spare, spend it on etherium.
My personal opinion, it reaches 50k before Bitcoin.

I wouldn't use coinbase, look at their sub coinbase • r/CoinBase. Lots of upcoming lawsuits for them.
I bought from them once, I didn't loose any money, but I didn't gain anything either. Payment status still says "Pending" since a week/two ago.

coinbase is just being flooded with sooo many wire transfers that they cant handle the capacity, everyone will get paid what they are owed.
coinbase is 100% secure

Your first point is misinformed. Illegal transactions are made with every currency, and there's actually good reasons to think that government-controlled money is more dominated by criminals and other illegitimate actors than any digital currency is.
I agree with your second point, and would've left it at that if you didn't just make me realize that physical currency is actually just as environmentally unfriendly - just think of all of that timber, machines, ink, etc, continuously used for printing money.
Plus extremely environmentally unfriendly mega-rich ever-expanding companies live off physical currency, so physical currency is indirectly more environmentally unfriendly than any and all digital currencies combined.
1/3 BTC is in hands of criminal activity. 1/3 is ppl speculating. Fees are too high for every day use.
BTC uses 30.000 times more energy than Visa. It's not sustainable.
https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

Last edited:
Humans regulate Visa.
Usage regulates Cryptocurrency.
I made my choice.

I see. I am not a customer of any retailer or service provider found in the deep web. To me it's confusing when people start comparing the value of BTC with "real currency" as it seems to not be comparable, since you can't use it to the same extent. Still very interesting stuff, I hope it's not too late to tag a long on the BTC-train as it seems like it's growing larger and larger fast.
There are VISA cards which can be linked to your btc wallet letting you pay anywhere where Visa is accepted and withdraw CASH from any ATM that supports Visa

I wanna
but my heart's saying

Well... It's not my fault that a lot of you are uneducated techno-hipster who doesn't know the history :D

Since the ancient times, gold/silver coins were instruments of geopolitics. Used by different states to gain/retain control over people/lands/trade routes/etc. States where destabilizing, buying out currencies of different states to have greater chances in winning conflict with them. And so on... You guys are just bunch of internet randoms, you have no capacity to join that game and stay in it for more than 10 seconds. So please, stop doing it, because you'll just waste the money you already invested in bitcoin.

With that LOL,you look like small cocky kid who laughs at adults, but within the second you'll burst in tears because the adult one was right and the thing you did was very bad idea.

Also, I'd love to debate or ask you why you think unquestioned power is a good thing, but I don't think this is the right thread.
I'm not saying it is a good thing, but I'm not trying to live in virtual world where it doesn't exist. You guys are shoving those bitcoins down everyone's throats and at some point few government will feel insecure and they will just ban your plaything and use all their capacity (those intelligence services I've mentioned before) to make it happen...

Keep it a niche collective, don't push it into role of actual currency.

This thread.

People who owns BTC: BTC is awesome and because of X its better than real cash.

People who doesn't own BTC: What the fuck is BTC and why would it ever take over real cash?

1/3 BTC is in hands of criminal activity. 1/3 is ppl speculating. Fees are too high for every day use.
BTC uses 30.000 times more energy than Visa.
It's not sustainable.
Source(s) for the first, second and fourth claims, or at least one of them, please?
Fees are too high for Bitcoin in particular, yes. Most other cryptocurrencies don't have this issue yet, and cryptocurrencies as a whole was literally developed by a bunch of volunteers/random Internet-people less than 10 years ago, it's pretty much a mid to late alpha-stage economy in development, expect bugs, but that doesn't mean the ideas and technology isn't viable long-term.
Anyway, you pretty much ignored my rebuttal and just changed to some other points, c'mon :p
I'm not here to and would not like to sit here and defend Bitcoin all day, I agree with some of your criticisms and I'm not a huge fan of Bitcoin in particular myself, I'm not even completely on-board with crypto generally, it is scary and wild and can go bad in all kinds of ways, but I think it's also a necessary effort right now given that the alternative is not looking any better.
And you can think whatever you want of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, you don't have to like them, you don't have to buy or use them, I'm not trying to change your views, just addressing the arguments you made that I found structurally poignant yet misinformed.

Edit:
Appreciate the source.
I don't see where you get the "Bitcoin uses 50000x more energy than VISA"-figure from there though, the only number I could find easily available was a 5000x figure here.
And if I knew fully how Bitcoin transactions and mining processes works in the first place I would question whether that figure is also inappropriately including the electricity cost of for-profit mining operations otherwise unrelated to the actual p2p transactions, but I don't, so I won't.
However I found this article that voiced at least some of my own criticisms mentioned earlier apparently being applicable in this case too if we are to believe the author (and my own analysis here lol metametametameta).

With that LOL,you look like small cocky kid who laughs at adults, but within the second you'll burst in tears because the adult one was right and the thing you did was very bad idea.

I'm not saying it is a good thing, but I'm not trying to live in virtual world where it doesn't exist.
Are you suggesting that IRL protests are more effective than mobilizing the internet or something?

Otherwise what are you suggesting, clearly and briefly please.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that IRL protests are more effective than mobilizing the internet or something?
Of course. Internet can be switched off. Governments can easily force every ISP to do it. It's not like for example Turkey didn't force every ISP to block facebook and other sites, right? :D
The idea that internet cry-fest can achieve anything substantial is childish. All of the major shit-storms were about very unimportant stuff and politicians didn't have the time to bother about bunch of whiners.

Back