• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
What exactly is a reasonable pace? If you progress any faster with 100 hours a month, you would probably be even farther behind because well...there are those putting in 24hours a day. So if by some circumstance the server was made for those who put in less hours to get more, then those putting in tons of hours would get much much much more than they currently do....

So basically, if the progression is upped higher for the casual, the hardcore gets even farther of a lead because the same progression that's being made quicker for you, is also skyrocketing them.

Time=progress.

I don't see a problem with making it easier. From what I know there are only 14 tiers to progress towards. Ppl are getting up to t9 already. On top of that with ppl getting higher levels the exp is scaling up for the lower levels. Making it alot easier to level but gear isn't progressing as quickly as they are leveling. The unique items helped a bit with that situation. However, I think making it easier to obtain tiers would be good for everyone. Even if ppl were reaching tier 14 easier then it would allow the development of the server focus more on pvp and challenging quests. The 'end game' content can be worked on which will probably include the last rebirth. I don't see a problem with it.

On top of this I will make a suggestion after getting t14 to make a system to add permanent stats to gear similar to what the gems give you.

The first teams had mainly level 10k and t7 sets. It's only when rebirthed people reached level 10k again that everyone started seeing the rebirth quest as a level 9k quest. People even seem to refuse to continue leveling and gearing up after level 9k since they are "high enough" already. Most people I see at this rebirth quests also have t6 sets and if lucky a few t7 items, which is actually quite annoying. It makes them so much more fragile that if someone lures a mob from the other side or a minotaur changes target and does 1-2 hits that most non-rebirths die since they are much squishier than they are supposed to be (10% less hp and mana and lesser eq.

I never took any payment for the rebirth quest, neither did Taylor Gang I think. Jarx and Trademaster Tride are also helping people for free now I think. If you can't do the rebirth quest, because Renegade & Co comes to lure all minotaurs or to taunt Fisco and not picking anyone else, maybe you can pay them for helping you. We are not the only ones that are level 10k+. Of course you can also level up to 1-k and do the quest like the first teams did, but easier since you don't have to do the levers anymore.

Yes they can lure, and you can just magic wall them in with all the shit they lured and then they die, imagine that... who woulda thought one could use magic walls in a quest.
This is not a complain, but just a notification. In the non-pvp part you can walk through m walls, so that doesn't helps. Monsters can't walk through it of course, but the lurders often run far await and lure everything to the stairs before you are there, so even if you could block people with mwalls it wouldn't help much. Most of the level 10k rebirths can block quite some minotaurs, even most of the squishies since they can simply mind swap, use smoke bomb, decoys, bears or what so ever.

@Nabster
I don't know how many items a t2 boss gives exactly, but 4.5 t2 items doesn't sounds that far off. If I do t2 map now I won't reach an average of 4.5 t2 items for sure. The tactic is to save up many, many maps (be crazy, go for like 10 bps or do the maps only once a week). Once you have enough maps you throw luck gems on your helmet, armor, legs, boots, ring and reperk to put all your perks into prosperity. Then you can get very close to the 4.5 t2 items for each t2 boss. If you do such a run and have quite some bps of maps you get beside the items quite some money and a big amount gems. Doing these maps takes quite some time, but when spawning 5 bosses at the same time it goes fast. Maybe you can't handle 5 t2 bosses, but maybe you can handle 2 of them andb y adding 3 t1 bosses you can still fight 5 bosses at the same time.

Some bosses on the map may be highly contest yes, but there are many bosses that aren't. Go for those bosses and if they spawn at :50 for example, make sure that you are there when they spawn. If you come half an hour late, someone else who is farming bosses have most likely been there already.
I don't know which perks and gems you are running, but when you are hunting manually I would suggest to always use prosperity perks.

At a server like this the progress in tiers is getting slower and slower. If the tier progress wasn't slowing down we would have people at tier 30 now which is of course impossible to offer. Tiers are also not the only progressions, levels, skills and money makes you progress as well. When hunting manually everyone under level 10k can get 100-300 levels per hour with ease. With 100 hours a month you play 3 hours a day on average which means that you can get 300-900 levels a day, 2.1k-6.3k levels a week which is a lot.

@Malveko
If you make items easier obtainable and people reach t14 before their second rebirth, then there are almost no challenges and goals for after that since you've already reached your maximum power.

No there are no challenges if he doesn't make it challenging for ppl with t14 items. It's weird how you say there will be no goals.. but in rl tibia they don't have tier items and ppl still play with no goal.. except to complete quests, pvp, and make money. Every server thats made is samething.. tier equipment, 1 hit ppl, and tank everything. Should start getting away from it add some quests and unique items into the server.

I did make a suggestion in my reply. Seems you ignored the possibility of goals being added.

Blazed Druid, you complain about EVERY SINGLE OT server that is released, know why? YOU DON'T LIKE OPEN WORLD MMOs.

It is that simple, you log in to this vast open world, and you walk around, and see that, hey since it is an open world, there are OTHER PLAYERS around you, and they can either help or hurt you, that is their choice. BUT! You don't want this, you want a game where there are NO other players around you, no one can hurt your or cause you any trouble, and you want interesting PvE and Quest content. SORRY!! that is NOT tibia, and NOT open world MMOs. You do not like this game, so why the fuck are you here?

I don't like wine, but you don't see me going around, buying every fucking bottle of wine I see and drinking it, spewing the wine into the face of the person who made it and saying "this tastes like shit, I hate wine, why the fuck did you make wine." NO because I'd be fucking retarded if I did that.

Which means you are fucking retarded.
Are you fucking kidding me ? I support every fucking server that came out from shawn/xagul without complaining about ANYTHING in my entire stay. Cop
The..
Quest...
Is....
NON.....
FUCKING.........
PPPPPPVVVVVVVVPPPPPPPP...........
JJJJJJACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK ASSSSSSSSSSSSS...........

And I hope you don't think you are trolling, because there is a clear difference between trolling, and actually being retarded irl. Clearly you are the ladder.

Oh well then im a retard. Make candys useable after rebirth pls not making money from ur server anymore >:IIIII

No there are no challenges if he doesn't make it challenging for ppl with t14 items. It's weird how you say there will be no goals.. but in rl tibia they don't have tier items and ppl still play with no goal.. except to complete quests, pvp, and make money. Every server thats made is samething.. tier equipment, 1 hit ppl, and tank everything. Should start getting away from it add some quests and unique items into the server.

I did make a suggestion in my reply. Seems you ignored the possibility of goals being added.
Sorry, I replied to your post too fast. Challenging quests would be nice, but I wouldn't know what kind of rewards it could give that still help you, although completing a quest is a goal and reward on itself for me. With some creativity and good thinking nice rewards can probably be thought of.

If you mean with unique items the same like the t1 and t3 sets I'm not a big fan of it unless it's relatively low tier or it will make mcs and alts too powerful. T5 could work, but t6 is already too strong for now I think.

PvP will be hard to balance unless there end up only be a few combinations in the end. I fear that some combinations will be so much better than others and that you perhaps could end up with squishies not working at all since even the most tankiest persons end up being able to kill them within a few seconds.

I was not talking about the unique tier equipment. I was talking about moving away from the tier equipment by making quests for other items with special effects/stats/etc.

but done replying for now. Tired. pce!

Ok I apparently need to explain something to a LOT of people out there.

There are 2 types of MMOs.
  • Open World MMO (Everyone is in the same instance and is forced to interract with each other, this forces conflict and interesting situations where players interact with each other. These types of games don't even require elaborate story-lines because the PLAYERS make most of the content themselves just by interacting with each other)
  • Instanced MMO (Everyone is split into instances, you can usually switch instances if you want, and literally just play the entire game with a small group of friends. Players are never put into a situation where they are forced to deal with other players, they can just switch instances and basically play the entire game single-player)
Now, some gamers like Open World MMOs, they want to compete with each other, be part of a global community, make friends, and constantly interact with other players, and some gamers hate Open World MMOs.

Now, Deathzot is built as an Open World MMO, which means yes, you will be forced to interact with other players. If you don't like this, and would rather play a Instanced MMO that you can choose to just never talk to another player, well... sorry Deathzot doesn't have that capability. It is built so that you have to deal with other players, make friends, make enemies, be part of a community.

I was not talking about the unique tier equipment. I was talking about moving away from the tier equipment by making quests for other items with special effects/stats/etc.

but done replying for now. Tired. pce!

Conquer Online got around this by adding dragonsouls once alot of people reached T12/+12 equipment. They were used on your T12/+12 items to give them special attributes, they ranged from phase 1 to phase 7. Once used on your items, they only lasted for 7 days. It was a way to keep people progressing their gear, and not all end up at the 'end game halt'. It kept people fused into the game, and at the start it took a lot to get these dragonsouls. (Killing special bosses that required alot of people, for like a 10% chance per person of a drop)

I think you should make tier 13-14 quests, where you get to the end of whatever kinda quest it is and there is platforms to put your 3 t12s on to make your t13 and so on

@Nabster
In Deathzot 8.0 there were:
  • 4-5 bosses per area on a 4 hour respawn.
  • 4 types of maps all for T1 bosses. (dropped by literally 1 monster in the entire server)
  • 0 tier items looted from normal monsters until oblivion phase ("endgame" pre-revoc)

In todays Deathzot there is:
  • Close to 10 bosses were area depending on the area. They are all 1 hour respawns.
  • Maps for just about every boss in the game. (dropped by literally EVERY monster in the entire server)
  • Tier items can be looted from EVERY normal monster in the server.
Hopefully you see where I am going with this, people loved deathzot and it was impossibly difficult, the normal player simply could not compete it was outrageous. Today its much more casual friendly and you guys are still complaining. I am at the point where I am about to stop looking at these forums because its useless complaints that make no sense. There is no way I can make it easier to gain equipment, we have basically taken the tier system, split the tiers making 14 total, and threw tier items at you non stop since the very second you hit level 200, AND FOR SOME REASON ITS STILL NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU!?!?!?!?

@Nuxohiz
Yes you're right, I completely forgot that you can walk through mwalls in non-pvp zone. So you can't trap them and kill them however the mwalls will still block the monsters and allow you to take them out safely without dying.

@Malveko
I understand completely what you are saying, but what I think you (and many other people) fail to realize is that t9/t10 equipment isn't as omg endgame as you may think. The way the tier system is designed allows the players to blow through the first half of the tier sets as if they do not exist, this is great for the casual gamer so they feel like they are actually getting somewhere, eventually people are going to hit this wall around t9/t10 and its going to be pretty standard for people to have those items. The part that you guys don't calculate is the difference between a t9 item and a t14 item. Keep in mind that we are talking about 1 single item here, the t14 item its 243x harder to make than the t9 item. That means however log it took people to make a t9 item, multiply it by 243 and that's how long its going to take for them to make a t14.

Here is a little example of how the tier system worked in original deathzot and how it works in the new deathzot. This will show you just how much harder it is to get t14 compared to getting t6 on the old deathzot.
Here is a close view showing up to tier 10:
Q2gnhwT.jpg

Clearly seen by this graph, the equipment is much easier to obtain at the start but around tier 10 is where the notorious brick wall from deathzot comes into play, where t6 was extremely hard to get most people never saw it, tier 10 is around that point here on deathzot 2. Yes people get much more t1 per hour today, but if you look at this next graph you will see that the total amount of t1s needed for t14 absolutely dwarfs the original deathzot.
qWw6U83.jpg

Again this is just simple math, the requirement of x previous item to get the next item naturally becomes more and more impossible to obtain, even if the tier items required only 2 of each to upgrade it would still eventually get to the point where you require so many its insane.

TLDR:
Dear players who may be confused why it takes so long to get equipment. This server was designed so that you always have something you can work towards. It will be a VERY VERY EXTREMELY I CANNOT REPEAT IT ENOUGH VERY long time before anyone gets just 1 t14 item let alone an entire set. Please stop basing complaints around t14.

P.S.
If everyone in the server right now threw all their items to me and I merged them up, we still wouldn't see a t14 item.

Todays Update:

~~ New Stuff ~~
  • New Vocation: Zenbow - The Zenbow is a mystical archer who utilizes ancient magiks to empower arrows.
  • New Zone: Midgaria - Rebirth Level 10,000+
  • New item: Lockbox - Contains various loot, can be opened with lockpicks. Rare chance at lottery tickets inside these boxes.
  • New reward: Lockpicks - [Consumable] Used to open locked boxes.
  • New reward: Un-Addon Doll - [Consumable] Using this doll will remove both addons for the users current outfit, and return the addon doll.
  • New reward: Prestige Transfer - [Consumable] Click-Use to remove all prestige from current character and store it on this item. Simply use this same item on a different character with 0 prestige to transfer the saved prestige.
  • New premium feature: All lockboxes obtained will be premium lockboxes which have a higher chance at looting lottery tickets.
  • New premium feature: Any special reward that includes a lockbox will grant an extra bonus lockbox that is already unlocked.
  • Players total gem count is now displayed when looking at a player if the gems are active.
  • New Command: !gems - Gem configuration management. Allows a player to enable/disable gems in various ways.
  • New Command: !pvpsafe - Spells will only hit the casters primary target in pvp while this mode is active. This should allow vocations with lots of aoe spells to pvp without the fear of killing low levels.
  • Added some special hunting areas designed for a small group of players. These areas will work similar to the tainted banshee spawn, requiring an item to enter.
  • Added a small apartment complex in the east section of the mall. This complex contains around 240 little houses that will be affordable for lower level players.
  • Added 9 houses around Enigma City.

~~ Changes ~~
  • Defeating Fisco Ice post-rebirth will now give a reward once per day.
  • Defeating Fisco Ice post-rebirth will now reward players with Fisco's Ice. This item will allow a non-rebirthed character of level 10,000 to bypass Fisco and rebirth. Using this item will prevent the character from ever obtaining their own Fisco's Ice.
  • When a team dies to Fisco Ice, he will now reset back into his frozen state.
  • The tower leading to Fisco Ice is now non-pvp.
  • Loot orbs will no longer drop from monsters inside Fiscos tower.
  • Experience rate while in Fiscos tower reduced by 70%.
  • Experience Handicap will now apply to rebirth characters. (Rebirth characters still receive 50% reduced experience)
  • Eonaka monsters will now drop Tier 3 maps instead of Tier 2.
  • Reward Shop now alerts you what the sale for the day is when you enter the reward room. He will also alert people around him about the sale every once in a while.
  • Wands now have the same attack as bows. Hopefully this will solve the issue of mages feeling its more beneficial to use melee weapons over wands.
  • Precision perk increased to 0.5% per point (up from 0.25%).
  • Gems now lose duration 4x faster during and a few seconds after PvP combat. PvP combat is defined as either attacking or being attacked by a player.
  • Nerfed unstable time rift teleports. They are no longer so evil that they keep players pz locked forever.
  • Increased the health on unstable time rifts.
  • Increased damage of PvE Back Hole rune by 25%.
  • Increased the health of Tier 3 map bosses (hate, envy, horror, vile).
  • Deaths Demise Amulet cooldown has been increased to 5 minutes (up from 3 minutes).
  • Region boss announcements are now orange instead of red.
  • Spam target macro kicks are now orange instead of red.
  • Removed all trash cans from houses to prevent "accidents".
  • Boss maps/keys will no longer kick the player 30 seconds after killing a boss. Players may now leave the map manually via teleport. This should help prevent players from losing bosses by accident.
  • Increased the duration of loot orbs inside of maps/keys.
  • Loot orbs inside of maps/keys will now spawn around the room rather than just next to the boss.
  • Bosses spawned with higher quality keys will have a slight bonus to loot rate.
  • Decreased the rate at which gold coins drop in the corpse of a monster, Increased the chance of looting gold orbs from a monster.
  • There is now a maximum level to enter unstable time rifts.
  • Non-Rebirthed players will no longer lose blessings when killed by a rebirthed player.

~~ Vocation Changes ~~
  • Hunter - Primal Rage: Soul cost increased to 75 (up from 25). Summoned wolf duration decreased to 7 seconds (down from 15). Summoned wolf damage increased by 300%.
  • Hunter - Call Wolf: Summoned alpha wolf will no longer over dash past the target which resulted in the loss of dps.
  • Hunter - Cobra Shot: Initial damage reduced by roughly 20%. Poison tick damage increased by roughly 50%.
  • Hunter - Split Shot: Increased minimum damage by about 50%.
  • Archer/Hunter - Headshot will now count as a "critical" and apply Thrill of the Hunt passive effect.
  • Zealot - Psi Shield: Activate/Deactivate soul cost increased to 20 (up from 10). Cooldown from soul depletion while active increased to 15 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
  • Zealot - All Spells: Hybrid skill scaling reduced to 75% (down from 100%).
  • Zealot - Lightning Rush: Soul cost increased to 45 (up from 20).
  • Zealot - Overload: Soul cost increased to 25 (up from 10).
  • Barbarian - Weapon Chain (Defensive) Cooldown vs players reduced to 5 seconds (down from 30).
  • Ninja - Deadly Strike: Damage is no longer effected by mirror image, we have determined that the illusion is not capable of using this spell efficiently and as such players should not be penalized when using it.
  • Tactician - Coup De Grace: Damage increased to 75% extra (up from 30%).
  • Tactician - Decoy/Deathslicer: No longer block movement.
  • Elementalist - Earth/Water Form: Increased the exhaust of switching to these forms to 4 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
  • Warrior - Charge can now be used any time the user is at a distance from the target. (instead of 2sqm range only)

~~ Notable Bug Fixes ~~
  • Fixed a bug where a players character would keep trying to walk to an item used on the ground (commonly referred to as dash clicking) even if the player used arrow keys to walk away from the item.
  • Finally fixed the password door in pandora pirates once and for all.
  • Fixed an exploit where Tactician Reload spell could be used indefinitely by using high soul costing spells/runes.
  • Fixed a bug where time rifts would get stuck trying to teleport players out of range.
  • Fixed a bug where a players skull would sometimes go away while still pz locked.
  • Fixed a bug where players could not type "yes/no" to trader npcs (players were forced to use 1/2 options). Also Trader Don no longer lies to the player saying he trades Tier 2 when in fact he trades tier 3.
  • Fixed a bug with the blacksmithing achievement not displaying completion in quest log.
  • Fixed a bugged spot in rebirth quest area where players could get sniped by a few mages off screen.
  • Fixed loot of dangerous duo, it now drops Tier 3 items as intended.
  • Ninja spell: Sprint - Description updated to display the new effect of sprint vs monsters (added in the last update).
  • Shades Shadow Rift spell will no longer skull the caster when the players secure mode fist is enabled.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed starstone amulet to be used when not equipped.

Spent 2 hours exploring midgard to realise why am I wasting my life with this server, then quit.

Is it that boring? I thought the new monsters had interesting mechanics or something (Not home yet)

Back