• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
@Everyone saying they don't 'have the time' to play, what you really mean to say is 'I don't have the time to be number one on the server, and because of this I won't even play because being number one is everything and playing a video game for enjoyment is non-existent'

Just wanted to clear that up for everyone

@Everyone saying they don't 'have the time' to play, what you really mean to say is 'I don't have the time to be number one on the server, and because of this I won't even play because being number one is everything and playing a video game for enjoyment is non-existent'

Just wanted to clear that up for everyone
Wanna know what amazes me the most? When people tries to find ANOTHER EXCUSE for the fact that the OT IS EXTREMELY time demanding.
The ot is also extremely repetetive aswell and by time most of the people in this thread starts realizing that.

It is too time demanding. You either have to bot 24/7 or be on an average of 5 hours a day just to keep up in gear. I can only play 1-2 hours a day, leaving me to try to get items within 7 hours a week. Leaves me berally anytime to level. Not so much that I want to be top or anything, I just find it too item dependent and boring.

Deathzot is no more time demanding than real tibia or real map ots. The only reason you feel that way (and I think @Synthetic has said it once before) you guys are bored of tibia, tibia is a very grindy game no matter how you try to spin it. The only tibia server you will not fall behind on is something like umbys where the only progression you have is lost after you relog so every day a new person is at the top. Even a real map where the experience starts at 100000000 and ends at 10, the person that hunts/bots for a month straight is going to be so much higher than you.

I played a real map some years back, the average level was 200, the higher levels were 300, and I went and botted this vip island dragon lord spawn they made for like 2-3 weeks with a script to auto sell at the npc and all that good stuff. I was nearly level 600 by the end of it, and although levels on a real map aren't as huge as on Deathzot, a level 600 paladin is a very strong enemy if your team is only 200-300 so imagine if an entire guild did it.

Anyway, we have tried and still are trying to find more fun ways to earn equipment and do stuff in the server. The problem is we have conflicted interests currently because so many people really enjoy how Deathzot has that "allow botting but advantage for manuals", yet every time we try to give players a bonus we have so many people abuse it non stop (such as the region boss loot). Hopefully we can get some breathing room when the higher levels stop buying up all the wisdom gems in the server and we can get some sort of party quest system made where people can do XDC style dungeons for a loot cache once a day.

It is too time demanding. You either have to bot 24/7 or be on an average of 5 hours a day just to keep up in gear. I can only play 1-2 hours a day, leaving me to try to get items within 7 hours a week. Leaves me berally anytime to level. Not so much that I want to be top or anything, I just find it too item dependent and boring.

WHAT THE FUCK are you guys talking about.

I own Mario Kart 8, TONS of people have already beaten all the game and unlocked everything, but I don't yell and rage and say "OH GOD, Mario Kart 8 is too time demanding, I can't keep up with all these people!!" Who the FUCK cares what other people are doing? WHY Do you have to be #1?

If 10,000 players were online on deathzot every day. Guess what, THERE WOULD STILL ONLY BE ONE PERSON ON THE TOP. Does that mean the rest of the 9,999 players should fucking quit because it is unfair that they aren't the highest level? NO, you fucking tards.

I own Mario Kart 8, TONS of people have already beaten all the game and unlocked everything, but I don't yell and rage and say "OH GOD, Mario Kart 8 is too time demanding, I can't keep up with all these people!!" Who the FUCK cares what other people are doing? WHY Do you have to be #1?

If 10,000 players were online on deathzot every day. Guess what, THERE WOULD STILL ONLY BE ONE PERSON ON THE TOP. Does that mean the rest of the 9,999 players should fucking quit because it is unfair that they aren't the highest level? NO, you fucking tards.
Well obv. mario kart 8 and tibia is way different if you havent noticed already :O! I own mario kart myself and i rather play it with my family than play it online as theres basically no point of playing it online, not because people are already close to finished with the game but because mario kart is a game you play with your FAMILY. Tibia is a game where you collect pieces for sets, get weapons, kill monsters and progress through leveling/getting sets. It gives you A WAY different feeling than mario kart 8 :)
So your saying that if you were level 2000 on deathzot with tier 3 set while everyone have like tier 9 set you wouldnt give a single shit? You would just nolife 24/7 each day to get the best set? Well not everyone is like you and not everyone has the amount of time each day that you do obv then

Deathzot is no more time demanding than real tibia or real map ots. The only reason you feel that way (and I think @Synthetic has said it once before) you guys are bored of tibia, tibia is a very grindy game no matter how you try to spin it. The only tibia server you will not fall behind on is something like umbys where the only progression you have is lost after you relog so every day a new person is at the top. Even a real map where the experience starts at 100000000 and ends at 10, the person that hunts/bots for a month straight is going to be so much higher than you.

I played a real map some years back, the average level was 200, the higher levels were 300, and I went and botted this vip island dragon lord spawn they made for like 2-3 weeks with a script to auto sell at the npc and all that good stuff. I was nearly level 600 by the end of it, and although levels on a real map aren't as huge as on Deathzot, a level 600 paladin is a very strong enemy if your team is only 200-300 so imagine if an entire guild did it.

Anyway, we have tried and still are trying to find more fun ways to earn equipment and do stuff in the server. The problem is we have conflicted interests currently because so many people really enjoy how Deathzot has that "allow botting but advantage for manuals", yet every time we try to give players a bonus we have so many people abuse it non stop (such as the region boss loot). Hopefully we can get some breathing room when the higher levels stop buying up all the wisdom gems in the server and we can get some sort of party quest system made where people can do XDC style dungeons for a loot cache once a day.

The one thing and most important thing that differs from rl tib and this server, is that no matter what level you are on real tibia, you'll actaully be able to compete with whatever level. Especially in 1v1 situation. Depending on map knowledge & "skill" in general. And now thats why being killed so easily by someone who is slightly ahead in levels & armour (1 tier) can be KINDA de-motivational because it has nothing to do with how good of a player you are, at this stage atleast (for me)

Imo, pvp will on DZOT will never be fun aslong as you'll be able to kill enemies as a one man army, in a quick burst

Last edited:

For me personally it hasnt even got to do with being the number one spot, simply aint got the patience to reach that.. But please, just make this a some-what balanced server where you can enjoy the pvp aspect aswellllll as a bonus (Without having to be forced to grind day after day, just to get to the point of not being one hit no more)

And you do know that basically every high level on this server has a couple mc chars walking here n' there right? These people practically force you to spend days after dayss of grinding, hoping you wont be one hit.. Now how much fun is that (PK/PVP)

@Flatlander, you've fucking owned your own successful species war servers. (played em) you want to sit here and be 100% truthful that you actually think that DZOT's 'PVP' is anywhere close to being as balanced, competitive & enjoying to play as species war?

Where does skill come in to play, when being practically one hit is the way it goes for some rebirth combinations?

I also think the prestige system is really overpowered, it messes up everything from PvP into Pve..

People are already sitting at 90~ prestige, that's like 90% bonus attack/power depending on your current one, there should be a cap somewhere or something else to balance between the prestiges, i dont even like that these bonuses excist, such powerabuse somehow.

ex. Lower the Expertise/Technique perk under 1% when hitting 50 prestige,

And i like the idea SlodderVos suggested, reducing the PvP damage by a certain XX% doesn't sound bad either.

I think you missed the part where I said I didn't want to be #1, or maybe you just missed the part in pre-k where they taught you how to read

Personally, I think there needs to be a little bit re-done with the perk system.

I think this is what should happen with the perk system:

• Perk point 1->10 on any perk should cost 1 Point.
  • Perk Point 11-> 20 on any perk should cost 2 Points.
  • Perk Point 21->30 on any perk should cost 3 Points.
  • Perk Point 31->40 on any perk should cost 4 Points.
  • And so on.
This means, for example I have 47 Perk Points.
So yes, everyone likes Wisdom, lets put all of them in that.
  1. 10 points in wisdom would cost 10 points (I'd have 37 left)
  2. 20 points (total) in wisdom would cost 30 points (i'd have 17 left)
  3. and I would only be able to get up to 25 points (with 2 points left over) total costing me 45 points.
So what would this cause?
Well honestly, I would probably put 10 points in Wisdom, 10 points in Prosperity, 10 points in Attack, 10 points in power, 7 points in armor.
You would no longer have people "resetting" all their points multiple times every day, because the difference between 10->25 wisdom, might not be worth losing 10 prosperity, 10 attack, 10 power, and 7 armor.

(Also I think there should be a Maximum Perk Point Cost, and you could simply calculate how much people have spent and give them the correct amount of perks to equal that) -- Since you would be spending TONS more perks, to get less benefit, a maximum cost would be nice.

best.suggestion.ever.

Wanna know what amazes me the most? When people tries to find ANOTHER EXCUSE for the fact that the OT IS EXTREMELY time demanding.
The ot is also extremely repetetive aswell and by time most of the people in this thread starts realizing that.

People -knew- that Deathzot is a bit repetitive since it first came out in 8.0.

That is the nature of this sort of game. But, there are rewards for doing repetitive tasks, such as getting better equipment, leveling up, opening up new areas for yourself, etc etc.

People play a game like this because 1. They want to interact with other players. 2. They want a game that they can come back to every day and progress.

Any game that has power gain will reward those that have the most time to spend on it, but it is also apart of the very nature of the game, and one of it's selling points.

That does not mean you can't play if you can't invest a lot of time, you can still play, experience the content, play with other people, and progress even with less than 2 hours a day of game play.

You will not be at the same place as the people who invest as much time as possible into it, but you will be able to still play the game and enjoy it.

Having a game world of all differently leveled players is far more interesting than if people capped out and where all at the same place.

It makes interaction with other players more meaningful, it allows you to actually fear people.. it allows for you to be able to abuse people weaker than you, it allows people to be good and bad.

Also, a 'higher level' being able to one hit someone is a reward they have gained through their hard work on the server.. their investment of time and botting.

If you wish to not be one hittable, you will have to get stronger, it is just a feature of the game, and a fact of life.. though to be honest, most higher levels will only kill those that benefit them, and even then they are limited to how many times they can kill others.

Last point, deathloss on this server is so babified that when you die it is barely a nuisance, the most annoying part is having to go back to where you were just hunting at, so in my opinion at least, power abuse is not an issue on here.

Lol. In realtibia hunting 24/7 doesnt give you gear which lets you 1hit other people. the guy who plays 24/7 might be 300-400-500 wile you are just 200~ you wont die 1hit. if a guy plays here 7 hour a day then bots the other 17 hours per day he will overtake a guy who plays 2-3 hours only by item pieces that grant him the dmg to just 1hit him. Theres a diffrence . :)
keep bashing the thread pls, when shawn quits he will work on otm3 :))

Did you know that if you like doing the same thing over and over with hard times adjusting to something thats not repetitive its called Autism?
This is probably the most common reason to why people in this thread does complain about the repetitive gameplay on this server because they simply do not like doing the same thing OVER and OVER 24/7 to be the best god damn player in the game! By time you guys accept that and try to make a difference about it.

We do understand that there needs to be more ways to obtain better equipment other than just grinding monsters and we are working on it but it takes time to figure out the best way to achieve this without it being something people can abuse like the original region bosses. Rather than sit on this thread and bash the shit out of the server like a 5 year old, you could try to post suggestions on what we can add to make your time more enjoyable while still helping you progress in gear.

With that said, this server will never end up like real tibia where it takes 50 players to kill someone. There is a reason why in the past 10 years tibia has lost 75% of their players and games such as runescape have not. Simply put, tibia continues to make mistake after mistake and nobody wants to play a grind game where they spend thousands of hours to progress and at the end of it are only slightly stronger than someone who has only put in a fraction of the time. There are plenty of mmos where veteran players absolutely destroy the new player, world of warcraft being one of them and it just so happens to be the most popular of them all! We are not here to make a real tibia clone, we are here to make a custom server with different concepts, one of which is the ability to actually progress your character and get stronger than your friends, this core aspect is what Deathzot has always been about and if you don't like it then I am sorry to say this is not the server for you. I understand its frustrating being 1 shot but there is no way that someone the same level as you and only "slightly" better equipment is doing that much damage to you. Either their equipment is much better than you may think, or you are just flat out lying/exaggerating at this point.

Here is some test results:

T4 vs. T5

T6 vs. T7

Another huge issue I see when I go around and look at people in Deathzot is that everyone trys to upgrade both weapon and helmet first. I have to wonder why if you are able to easily upgrade weapon for damage do you also go for helmet. You should try to balance your offense with your defense so you have some survival. As you can see from these tests, the second you get those legs its like night and day.

P.S.
if a guy plays here 7 hour a day then bots the other 17 hours per day he will overtake a guy who plays 2-3 hours only by item pieces that grant him the dmg to just 1hit him. Theres a diffrence . :)
keep bashing the thread pls, when shawn quits he will work on otm3 :))
You have to be the biggest dumbass on this forum... you do understand that madness was just as equipment driven as deathzot right? A player in better gear on madness absolutely shits on the other player it is literally EXACTLY the same as Deathzot in every possible way.

Last edited:
@Flatlander, you've fucking owned your own successful species war servers. (played em) you want to sit here and be 100% truthful that you actually think that DZOT's 'PVP' is anywhere close to being as balanced, competitive & enjoying to play as species war?

Where does skill come in to play, when being practically one hit is the way it goes for some rebirth combinations?

Species War was the same as Deathzot. Revlax was a level 400+ knight, and HUGE groups of Elves would hunt him down and try to kill him for levels, but he could easily solo them one at a time. Revlax might kill them 9 out of 10 times, but the one time they killed Revlax they gained like 80 levels or something EACH.

I guess the only difference between Deathzot and Species War is, War is more fun than Grinding Monsters, so people didn't complain that it took hours of amazingly fun PvP to level up, because they were having fun.

On Deathzot, yes there are powerful people higher level than you, but when you kill them you get amazing levels you can't get anywhere else. The issue is no one wants to put in the time to make a few friends and group together to kill someone.

Back