• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[CANADA][CUSTOM] Darkrest Online

Server Website/AAC
https://darkrest.online
Server Address
darkrest.online
Server Port
Client Protocol
This is not the first server with a dupe bug, but thats only one that had so many of them and still has some that you don't know about.
You think everything is solved because you did a rollback, but WE the players know that there are at least 2 more bugs that several players are silently using. And you have no idea about anything.

Darkrest is worse than servers like Delvine, which didn't even start well and ended.
Yeah I would assume its hard to fix a bug that is kept secret and neither you know what that bug is (but somehow know there is one?) or just choose not to tell us about it. Either way you are no better than the people that abuse it. We are unable to test the whole server every single change, every single update with three person (now 2) team, we are trying to test as much as we can, but sometimes things are overlooked. We fix any bugs right away as soon as they come up and attempt to fix the situation caused by it, but if we don't know there is a bug, we can't fix it.
I think we resolve the bugs and situations very fast though, none of these bugs that are super abusable were laying there on server for weeks or months. If that's not enough I don't know what is, we are not running a professional game company to do a full regression of every single code changed.

don't open such a lowrate server then if you are not sure its bug free. Start with a med/highrate next time. I can live with a map bug or some minor bugs. But big duping bugs is something that doesn't belong on a lowrate server.

don't open such a lowrate server then if you are not sure its bug free. Start with a med/highrate next time. I can live with a map bug or some minor bugs. But big duping bugs is something that doesn't belong on a lowrate server.
We would have to open a server and never change a thing to not introduce new accidental bugs, even in professional development there are overlooked stupid mistakes that can cause huge bugs and the dupe was unfortunately one of them.

We would have to open a server and never change a thing to not introduce new accidental bugs, even in professional development there are overlooked stupid mistakes that can cause huge bugs and the dupe was unfortunately one of them.
It's interesting that only your server has so many bugs, others do not have this problem. So others have a professional company with 30 people for testing?
Each of your update is announced a month in advance, while other servers do them every few days and do not have so many bugs.

You manipulate by comparing yourself to big games and thus trying to cover up your incompetence. If something happens only to you, it means that the problem is with YOU.

Last edited:
It's interesting that only your server has so many bugs, others do not have this problem. So others have a professional company with 30 people for testing?
Each of your update is announced a month in advance, while other servers do them every few days and do not have so many bugs.

You manipulate by comparing yourself to big games and thus trying to cover up your incompetence. If something happens only to you, it means that the problem is with YOU.
You seem like you never played any other ots, most of them had critical bugs or even dupe bugs, but for some reason you don't see that. Maybe, because that doesn't really matter, because most of the other servers are relaunched every month?
I'm not manipulating anyone (cause I don't have to as this brings me nothing, but hate as you can probably already see) not comparing myself to big studios either, looks like you missed the point.
I'm just telling you the truth and what we are capable of, we the developers of this server have to fix the bugs, develop new updates and take the enormous amount of hate from the players, because things can go wrong.

"Each of your update is announced a month in advance", this actually never happened, we updated frequently, sometimes daily, the current update is only announced prior.

You seem like you never played any other ots, most of them had critical bugs or even dupe bugs, but for some reason you don't see that. Maybe, because that doesn't really matter, because most of the other servers are relaunched every month?
I'm not manipulating anyone (cause I don't have to as this brings me nothing, but hate as you can probably already see) not comparing myself to big studios either, looks like you missed the point.
I'm just telling you the truth and what we are capable of, we the developers of this server have to fix the bugs, develop new updates and take the enormous amount of hate from the players, because things can go wrong.

"Each of your update is announced a month in advance", this actually never happened, we updated frequently, sometimes daily, the current update is only announced prior.

You should know sin should never be given direct attention. Never feed trolls.

It really, truly sucks that you guys had a situation like this. You're honestly right that every team, big and small, makes programing and creative errors that can lead to exploitable actions. It's why even Cipsoft has rules against taking advantage of exploits and bugs.

I hope you guys can hunker down and recover from this. Your transparency and the way you've taken accountability is the right move. People who are upset thereafter are just impossible to please, and they will use anything as a catalyst to express frustration.

Teaser 5/5

Monsters Rarity Unveiled!
We've saved the most exciting teaser for last, adventurers! Brace yourselves for the grand revelation of "Monsters Rarity" in our upcoming 4.0.0 update.

Here's how it works:
Every monster, upon spawning, has a chance to belong to one of three rarities:
  • Normal (No changes from the original monster)
  • Elite (Stronger versions of monsters)
  • Mythic (Significantly stronger versions of monsters)
Every monster has 14 Elite variants and 78 Mythic variants.

If a monster is of higher rarity than "Normal," its stats are increased.
HP, Exp, Speed, Target Change Chance, Attack (from all sources), Spells Cast Chance, Defense Spells Chance, Loot, and Rare Loot.

To differentiate "Elite" and "Mythic" monsters from normal ones, we'll display their rarity above their name along with an icon. Prepare for a game-changing experience as you face off against these upgraded foes and seek out their formidable rewards! The adventure is about to reach new heights with "Monsters Rarity." Stay tuned for more details as we approach the release of Darkrest.Online's most thrilling update to date!

There are multiple bugs in any of the default engines most servers start with.

Just takes time to identify and fix them.

For anyone who keeps saying "why didnt you test and fix them all". That's easier said than done. Until an issue is identified, how do you know it exists? Sometimes it takes 500 active players to stumble upon these problems.

We had the same issue with Souls of Elysium over the last 12 months, and now we are in a position where we have now fixed all the duping bugs. As I said, it just takes time

There are multiple bugs in any of the default engines most servers start with.

Just takes time to identify and fix them.

For anyone who keeps saying "why didnt you test and fix them all". That's easier said than done. Until an issue is identified, how do you know it exists? Sometimes it takes 500 active players to stumble upon these problems.

We had the same issue with Souls of Elysium over the last 12 months, and now we are in a position where we have now fixed all the duping bugs. As I said, it just takes time
You misunderstood the problem.

Most of the bugs come from the new systems which nekiro created, like point transfer in game store (sick!).

Verifying prices of items in the npcs is a matter of an hour for the programmer (two simple loops over all npcs).

4 big bugs on the server and nekiro wrote "it happens".
The problem is that he doesn't know how to create servers and makes mistakes that others did 10 years ago.

He claims that he always test new systems, but apparently he is not successful at it.
So how can we trust this server if another bug in a month and we get the "it happens" response again?

Prices in the store are also high, too high for a server with so many bugs

Most of the bugs come from the new systems which nekiro created, like point transfer in game store (sick!).

Verifying prices of items in the npcs is a matter of an hour for the programmer (two simple loops over all npcs).

The problem is that he doesn't know how to create servers and makes mistakes that others did 10 years ago.

He claims that he always test new systems, but apparently he is not successful at it.
So how can we trust this server if another bug in a month and we get the "it happens" response again?

Fair enough, I'm not going to pretend I know the specific issues as I've never played the server. But yeah, progress and imrpovements come over time. Most people only focus on the negatives, and completely forget about all the positives.

Over time, these problems will be fixed, and players will complain about something else instead. It's a typical normal cycle in any development.
Trust me, I've been in their shoes.

How do you know who created the systems? I don't remember giving anyone access to our files 🤔
You can't even properly identify where the issue was, yet you brag to know everything, quite funny.
The bug was with withdraw option and not the transfer :D

Yes definitely, "it happens", if you never wrote a line of code in your life, you wouldn't know, also not quite sure what's up with all these personal attacks on me recently, but that is just the lowest of the low you can get.

Last edited:

Update 4.0.0

Features and Quests:

• Iskastad Norseman Quest added.
  • Pits of Inferno Quest added.
  • Monsters Rarity added.
  • Christmas event started. (Visit Santa Claus!)
  • Christmas crafting recipes added. (You can use Event Tokens from Halloween as well)
  • 168h listings on the market are now possible.
  • Added Cyclopedia, now you can set items prices in the hunt analyser.
Neutral:
  • A new outfit is available in the shop - Arcane Mage.
  • Startup crashing errors in client addressed.
  • New spot with wyverns and necromancers in Edron.
  • Hunt analyzer improvements.
  • The watercolor on the minimap is updated (green -> blue).
  • Single demon bonebeast from Penisula -3 has been removed.
  • Ankrahmun's plague continues affecting other tombs.
  • Added 3 new weapons: Training Sword, Training Axe, Training Club (7 attack), you can craft them from sticks.
  • Exevo Gran Vis Lux costs the classic mana value now.
  • Some captains charge less for transport.
  • Haron purchases power rings properly now.
  • Fixes for the Phantom Of The Opera instrument rooms.
  • Tooltips properly show fluids now.
Buffs:
  • Magnus Ironchest has a 35% chance to spawn (previously 20%).
  • Behemoths loot and experience buffed.
  • Lumberjacking chances were updated (it is easier to get sticks now).
  • Vital Strike bonus buff (4% -> 5%).
  • Rare items drop chance:
    • Uncommon 7.7% -> 13%
    • Rare 2% -> 5%
    • Epic 0.3% -> 2%
  • Poison Arrow minimum damage adjusted.
Nerfs:
  • Mining and skinning balance changes (not 100% success chance even at max skill).
  • Sword, club, and axe rings removed from crafting.
  • Ring Of Healing removed from crafting.
  • Magic Plate Armor protection all nerf (5% -> 4%)
  • Life rings crafting recipe changed.
  • Duplicating toast nerf (5% -> 4%).
Join Darkrest.Online now!

did you even fix monster behaviour? haven't seen anything aiming that since 3 months

This update is crazy, brought a lot of new dynamics to the game and they made a couple new mysteriandos 😁

I don't usually play 7.x due lack of content but this projects looks good af ! Regardless the Bugs and drama i'll take a peak and play :3

Plans for 2024 for Darkrest Online

Dear Darkrest Online Community,

As we step into 2024, we are filled with gratitude for each one of you who has joined us on this incredible journey. Your enthusiasm and participation have been the cornerstone in realizing our childhood dream.

Here’s what we have planned for the upcoming year:

A New Chapter for Darkrest.Online: Our current server will undergo a name change to "Historia", symbolizing the birthplace of our shared history.

Introducing 'Lumara': We're excited to announce that we're working on a new server, "Lumara". This addition will bring fresh features and experiences, and yes, we might just drop a few spoilers along the way! It's an answer to your constant questions and requests. There's no date for the server to start specified. We're developing it, and we'll update you soon. This strategy is designed to ultimately enhance the player base and elevate the overall popularity of "Historia", thereby strengthening the Darkrest Online brand and community.

Server Merger: After a period of operation, Lumara will be merged with our current server. This is a strategic move to blend the best of both worlds.

Quality Assurance: We are committed to launching Lumara only after thorough testing to ensure a bug-free experience. Similarly, we aim to rectify even the smallest issues on Historia, reinforcing our dedication to quality.

Community Involvement: Some of you have been chosen as tutors, and we might soon seek testers for closed trials. Your insights are invaluable to us.

No Resets: We understand the importance of continuity. Historia will not be reset, as it holds a special place in our hearts and yours.

Stable Gameplay on Lumara: Unlike our usual approach, Lumara will not receive content updates or new features while live. We’ve noted the community’s preference for stability.

Shared Premium Assets: Premium coins and time will be universally accessible across both "Historia" and "Lumara", allowing for a harmonious and integrated gaming experience.

Your excitement fuels ours, and we can't wait to embark on this new chapter together.
Stay tuned for more updates, and as always, thank you for being a part of Darkrest Online.