• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[CANADA][CUSTOM] Darkrest Online

Server Website/AAC
https://darkrest.online
Server Address
darkrest.online
Server Port
Client Protocol

Prawdziwy

Reaction score

Unleash the future on September 15, 2023 (15.09.2023) at 19:00 CEST*, as we launch our server, destined to redefine the realms of performance, adventure, and PvP.

Links: Website | Discord | Wikipedia | Gallery

* 19:00 CEST | 18:00 WEST | 02:00 PM GMT-3 | 10:00 AM PDT

Our trailer, made by reklav.

Remember the rush of adventuring in the classic Tibia world? The thrill of every level gained, the despair over each hard-fought defeat, and the camaraderie with your guild? We aim to bring that feeling back but with a fresh twist. That's why we've coined it - Nostalgia Redefined.

Server Info
  • Exp: x2 (Rookgaard x6)
  • Skill: x2
  • Magic: x1
  • Loot: x1
  • Host: Canada + Proxy for EU
  • Respawn: +35% higher than on vanilla 7.4
We've set the Experience and Skill Rate to x2. This is to make your gaming journey a bit smoother without diluting the grind that's integral to the Tibia experience. Staying true to the classic vibe, the Magic Level Rate remains unchanged at x1. This ensures that the challenge of mastering magic retains its original authenticity. The Loot Rate is also maintained at x1 to keep the traditional excitement of looting intact.

We are committed to making this a no-wipes server for the long term. The reason for the lower rates is precisely to encourage a stable, long-lasting gaming environment. We aim to redefine the update history so that we don't lose the old-school feeling that has made Tibia a classic.

Our server is designed to be a Hard RPG but with a strong emphasis on PVP. Prepare yourselves for a gaming experience that will test your skills, strategy, and teamwork. Get ready to relive your favorite gaming moments while creating some new ones.

New Features

Bots, macros, and MC

We enforce a strict zero-tolerance policy for cheating, botting, and macro usage. You may operate only one multiclient at a time.

Violating these rules will result in a permanent ban for all accounts associated with the offending individual.

Low rates mean that every piece of experience, every skill point, and every item gained is the result of hard work and strategy. Allowing bots would undermine the very essence of this hard-earned progress, affecting the server's overall integrity. Low-rate servers are designed to encourage deep immersion into the game world. Bots would disrupt this design by automating tasks that should involve engagement and teamwork, thereby diminishing the gameplay experience for everyone. Bots could flood the market with high-quality items, deflating their value and destabilizing the in-game economy. In a long-term, low-rate server, every item and piece of gold has significant value, and the presence of bots could erode this delicate economic balance. One of the most satisfying aspects of a long-term, low-rate server is the tight-knit community that forms over time. Bots would hinder this, as they cannot contribute to social interactions and community events, which are vital for a rich multiplayer experience. For these reasons, we strictly enforce our zero-tolerance policy on cheating, botting, and macro usage. Keeping the server bot-free is essential for a fair, enjoyable, and deeply engaging gaming experience.

Geek Info
  • We tested our server with a total of 134 registered accounts during the test phase and 183 players.
  • We have finished 290 tasks (Jira-like cards) with performance improvements, balance changes, bug fixes, and new features.
  • We have completely rewritten house saving, pathfinding (multi-thread), NPCs, and improved monsters AI.
  • With bonuses added to the game and items available, you can create around 297,424,600 custom items [100 (Common)+4300 (Uncommon)+180,600 (Rare)+7,434,600 (Epic)+297,204,000 (Legendary)].

Our old discussion thread: Darkrest.Online - Nostalgia Redefined - Discussion Thread (https://otland.net/threads/darkrest-online-nostalgia-redefined-discussion-thread.285667/)

I have played a whole lot of this server on both open and closed beta, playing one variant of the vocations to a mid-game level.

What you can expect is a very balanced server with an active support staff.

Bugs and hotfixes were fixed several times per day during the beta with a ridiculosly low response time in regards to how big their staff is.

The crafting system alongside the task system is some of the best I have experienced. The crafting system might seem redundant when you first start out, but will quickly become a huge part of your gameplay and a big focus on getting big ticket items.

I played from Sweden and had no lags with the proxy during beta, so if you are afraid of the ping, don't be.

I still do believe that the vocations differ far too little from one another as of now, but this might be subject to change as more people play and voice their opinions.

Hyped for launch, see you on the 15th.

I seen that you’re allowed to have 1 MC, does that have to be a separate account or can you use the same account for two chars?

I seen that you’re allowed to have 1 MC, does that have to be a separate account or can you use the same account for two chars?
You need a separate account to log in simultaneously.

I have played a whole lot of this server on both open and closed beta, playing one variant of the vocations to a mid-game level.

What you can expect is a very balanced server with an active support staff.

Bugs and hotfixes were fixed several times per day during the beta with a ridiculosly low response time in regards to how big their staff is.

The crafting system alongside the task system is some of the best I have experienced. The crafting system might seem redundant when you first start out, but will quickly become a huge part of your gameplay and a big focus on getting big ticket items.

I played from Sweden and had no lags with the proxy during beta, so if you are afraid of the ping, don't be.

I still do believe that the vocations differ far too little from one another as of now, but this might be subject to change as more people play and voice their opinions.

Hyped for launch, see you on the 15th.
Thanks for your kind words and see you!

Interesting server, the administration responds to all errors and corrections during the beta, see you in the game :D
We're doing our best to make a server you'll enjoy!

Really looking forward to check this OT.
See you on Friday then!

i see potential in this server they put quite a lot of work into it during beta
There's still a lot of work ahead, but we are happy that we'll be able to host the server for all the fantastic folks out there.

--

Here's a quick tutorial for everyone on how to leave Rookgaard as fast as possible (if you are not staying on Rookgaard to solve its mysteries!)

i see potential in this server they put quite a lot of work into it during beta
new-100-bill-cage.jpg

It's definitely one of the most interesting servers launching this fall.
Are you guys going to stick with item hotkeys or was that just a beta thing? @Darkrest

It's definitely one of the most interesting servers launching this fall.
Are you guys going to stick with item hotkeys or was that just a beta thing? @Darkrest
Hotkeys were available only on the open and closed beta to make the testing easier and faster. They won't be available on the official client.

-
Still not sure which vocation is for you? Here's a quick introduction to all vocations!

Hotkeys were available only on the open and closed beta to make the testing easier and faster. They won't be available on the official client.

-
Still not sure which vocation is for you? Here's a quick introduction to all vocations!

very good, but very good, I will go in when I leave! successes

I'm excited to test barbarian, i love training my axe skill and doing insane melee damage so if barbarian feels pretty good to satisfy my need for big melee numbers i'll be playing this when i get bored and train on medivia online. Also is UI customizable or is it stuck with standard 7.4 UI? one big client improvement that can be done. standard 7.4 UI very outdated IMO

I'm excited to test barbarian, i love training my axe skill and doing insane melee damage so if barbarian feels pretty good to satisfy my need for big melee numbers i'll be playing this when i get bored and train on medivia online. Also is UI customizable or is it stuck with standard 7.4 UI? one big client improvement that can be done. standard 7.4 UI very outdated IMO

UI is customizable.

-

Is there any difference in melee formula between barbarian and guardian? In my experience it did not matter how high your melee skill was in 7.4 tibia you always did shit damage as ek. I'm hoping theres some customization there or i'd be training for a long time for no reason. Can you give an idea of how high barbarians can hit with say 100 skill?

// I change my mind, You can actually make desert or even demon helmet quest on 8 level with those new spells
Not anymore!

Is there any difference in melee formula between barbarian and guardian? In my experience it did not matter how high your melee skill was in 7.4 tibia you always did shit damage as ek. I'm hoping theres some customization there or i'd be training for a long time for no reason. Can you give an idea of how high barbarians can hit with say 100 skill?
We aim to modify Barbarian's damage on two-handed weapons, so his output damage is 5% higher than the guardians' when using two-handed weapons.

1694554231240.png

Last edited:
Not anymore!

We aim to modify Barbarian's damage on two-handed weapons, so his output damage is 5% higher than the guardians' when using two-handed weapons.

View attachment 78371
Thanks for the feedback, i must say im disappointed at this damage, i'm coming from Medivia online where my Ek can crit 1300~ with their 2 handed weapon fully attributed atm i have 122 melee skill there. I understand this being a low rate at 2x skill it would take forever to get 100 skill and a max damage of 315 is not going to satisfy me doing (Melee Dps) profession as barbarian should be. In my opinion barbarians should sacrifice durability for pure damage. Still willing to try it for a little while at least. The lack of scaling progression on knights on7.4 ots is what makes me quit them, if im doing the same or even similar damage at lvl 150 as i was at 50 which is the case with most knights on 7.4 ots i'm not going to keep playing.