• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] Tibia Kingdoms Tale of Heroes 9.6 |CUSTOM|ADVENTURE|RPG|

K so far it is 3 votes to chaneler and 1 vote to elemental.

As for my opinion. I personally like the elemental.
Reasons: Changing elements is bad a$$. 2, it is very strategic with the side effectd, each element having its own side effects making the style you choose differ from other wizards, another point to make is that in tibia kingdoms, the arcane armor is high risk high reward, they are split into 4 elements themselves. they have a flat rate to 2 neutral elements, strong to a specific type, and weak to the opposite element. meaning, a wizard would have to flip through their elements, to see which is most effective against their armor type, giving diversity to the game.

But seeing as how people are liking the chaneler more then the elemental, what would you guys say to a little compromise? Both of them combined? Have the ability to switch elements, and have charge up spells at the same time.

If this is the case and you guys agree, this is what i will attempt to do.

-------Result------
Wizard can swap between the 5 elements, and deal the secondary effects like the elemental.
the wizard will also be able to cast spells at a decent pace. (Which is normal)
But i will also add in a spell called (Chanel)

-------What chanel does------
the chanel spell when cast, will stop your character from moving or casting spells for 2 sec.
after the 2 sec is up the spell will give the wizard a chanel token.
The chanel tokens decay after 1 min, the chanel tokens can be stacked up by using the chanel spell multiple times

Each chanel token will give All of your spells +0.5 dmg multi Per token, Stacks up to (30 stacks) giving a total of 15 dmg multiplayer at 30 stacks, ontop of the next attack spell casted. (If some of you do not know how much 15 dmg multi is, its is the same amount of damage a berserker deals using his spell ground force smash, anyone who has plaid in the past knows how much that is.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of this compromise?

Last edited:
It's not a compromise.
The only requirement of the chaneller was chanelling.
The rest was already up for interpretation.

i call it a compromise because the vote was sort of a bad idea, it would only conflict people to choose one or the other, which could start an argument

So instead, why not combined the 2 good ones together, since they are easily compatible with each other?

I personally don't care for wizards,
I thought the elementalist was a little much at first and I liked the channeling idea
but now i like the idea of combining them more. I don't like the idea of channeling tokens or whatever... you basically just made a really complicated buff lol. I think it can use some rethought.

What about a spell that creates a magic elemental field that increases all of that element damage type when youre standing in it. maybe about 4x4. So when someones standing in their fire channeling field they can cast fire spells with % increased dmg. Perhaps even increased defense/drunk-immunity/speed increase/invisibility/spell absorbtion/many other buffs could be added.

I thought the elementalist was a little much at first and I liked the channeling idea
but now i like the idea of combining them more. I don't like the idea of channeling tokens or whatever... you basically just made a really complicated buff lol. I think it can use some rethought.

What about a spell that creates a magic elemental field that increases all of that element damage type when youre standing in it. maybe about 4x4. So when someones standing in their fire channeling field they can cast fire spells with % increased dmg. Perhaps even increased defense/drunk-immunity/speed increase/invisibility/spell absorbtion/many other buffs could be added.

an interesting idea but its not possible, not sure its possible to increase the dmg of a specific element by the field on the floor. the reason i choose the token idiea, was because it is something that is passable.

an interesting idea but its not possible, not sure its possible to increase the dmg of a specific element by the field on the floor. the reason i choose the token idiea, was because it is something that is passable.
It might be possible.
Just check if player is standing on a fire/energy/smoke field.. et cetera, and return a different damage
Code:
function dmg(cid)
    if getTileItem(cid) == fire_field then -- obviously not 'real scripting'
        return dmg = dmg * 1.4
    else
        return dmg
    end
end
And for the field buff.. make it 3 by 3, and randomize the fields?

heh real cool would be that if any in-game field what deals damage to you, boosts your own specific powers depending on the field you are on :D

Having the fields on the floor that increase your dmg would be a cool feature, but removing the charge tokens basically scraps the chanal mage all together, because the token system is the only way to effectively make charge up based spells and still be able to evade attacks while charging up.

unless anyone can think of a alternate idea that is possible to charge up your damage, without making it seem over powered, or by making the wizard completely immobile for long periods of time.

The simple solution is to have a mixture of spells like wizards have always have. And if you still prefer the idea of being able to switch which elements a wizard can use it can still have an effect on all spells element.

i just want to explain the tokens more. for its not really that complicated.

THis is how the tokens work.

When you use the spell it will stop you from moving or attacking for 2 sec. and give you 1 token, it will show above your head how many tokens you have, and they will diminish after 60 sec, also showing you when they go down.
Each token will add damage to your next attack spell casted.

Each token will add 0.5 dmg multi ontop of your next attacks damage, so the more tokens you charge up the more devastating the attack.

See you chanal for 2 sec and gain 1 token. this will allow you to chanal and charge up your attacks, and still have the freedom to move around while you charge, like Xikini wanted.

its not all that complicated...

The simple solution is to have a mixture of spells like wizards have always have. And if you still prefer the idea of being able to switch which elements a wizard can use it can still have an effect on all spells element.

problem with the old wizards was that when they used all 4 elements at once, it also hit 4x, which made it extremely difficult to balance out. also there was no diversity in their attacks.

If the wizard is able to swap elements, changing the damage type and the side effect of the element, it would allow the wizards to have alot more diversity, aswell as have a type of wizard element that someone would prefer. the best part of the elemental switching, is that all your hotkeys would remain the same. unlike the older wizards where you had 4x as many spells as other vocations, the new ones would be the 17 unique spells, that are able to swap elements. no need to constantly rework/delete your hotkeys when ever you want to change elements like before.

Alright the wizards are now able to swap between 5 elements and they have the chanel ability, need someone to log in and test them please.

Site is down :(

the website expired, so im taking this opportunity to think of a better name then tibia kingdoms for the new website and server, however im having some difficultys. my current train of thought for the new name is.. Kingdoms of ____ something... if anyone has any ideas for the name. please feel free to post below. thank you.

Pixel Kingdoms.... ahaha

photo-original.png

Saddly already exists

Back