• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating a 7.21 OT Server

Faerus

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've decided to open a 7. 2- 7. 23 server to revive the old tibia gaming feeling. To be honest I don't really like new tibia and the oldest otservers you can find right now are 7.4 (very few are good) and some of them are actually 7.5 (you can see they have Hydras).

I basically want to remake a 100% accurate of the old tibia.

I've searched in this whole forum and I've only found old threads about 7.1 severs which is not what I want. I remember back in the 2006's there used to be more options and more clients supported.

Thanks for your help.

It's a bit tricky to re-make it in a lower state than 7.4. The order of the items is based on that client version. Go with 7.4 and change the sprites, it will probably save you a lot of time.

It's a bit tricky to re-make it in a lower state than 7.4. The order of the items is based on that client version. Go with 7.4 and change the sprites, it will probably save you a lot of time.
But how can I make the skill bars dissapear. Plus I want the frag system of 7.21 as well.

The frag system is determined by the source. The skillbar however I don't know how to do, but I can imagine it being possible to remove due to the fact that you can hide/reveal it. But it would require a modification to the client itself.
But I would urge you not to blindly step back in history. I mean, the skillbar is a great feature, it's just too bad it wasn't implented earlier.

And IIRC you could only trade one item at the time with NPCs back in 7.21, and what would be the point of downgrading such an important feature; to trade multiple items at the time?

If you ask me, you should put more effort on the graphics and other relevant mechanics from that era but save the actual good mechanics that made the game better!

Last edited:
The frag system is determined by the source. The skillbar however I don't know how to do, but I can imagine it being possible to remove due to the fact that you can hide/reveal it. But it would require a modification to the client itself.
But I would urge you not to blindly step back in history. I mean, the skillbar is a great feature, it's just too bad it wasn't implented earlier.

And IIRC you could only trade one item at the time with NPCs back in 7.21, and what would be the point of downgrading such an important feature; to trade multiple items at the time?

If you ask me, you should put more effort on the graphics and other relevant mechanics from that era but save the actual good mechanics that made the game better!
But what about the high demand for awesome features such as Utevo res "Dragon; then logout and have it roam the city?

Edit: And don't forget no party system, only train with white skull! :)

But what about the high demand for awesome features such as Utevo res "Dragon; then logout and have it roam the city?
I understand that the objective is essentially to gain the nostalgic feeling. As for the summoning part, I'd deem it as a feature from that time. Just like I deem UH-trap to be a feature from that time as well. It's really hard to complete a perfect server from that time due to limited resources anyway.

Edit: And don't forget no party system, only train with white skull! :)
It's subjective, I would keep the party system just because I like it. Doesn't mean Faerus like it and thus want to remove it. But as for a complex feature like the skillbar, I'd recomend you to don't let such things consume too much of your time. I guess that is what I'm trying to say.

It's subjective, I would keep the party system just because I like it. Doesn't mean Faerus like it and thus want to remove it. But as for a complex feature like the skillbar, I'd recomend you to don't let such things consume too much of your time. I guess that is what I'm trying to say.
Yes, I agree with you. But there are so many things that would be considered bugs or features. Remaking even close to 100% will be hard.
Has anyone tried recreating oldschool monster pathing? I am talking about the time where you could just run in a 4x4 circle and the monsters would never hit you because they never tried cutting you off :D

Yes, I agree with you. But there are so many things that would be considered bugs or features. Remaking even close to 100% will be hard.
Has anyone tried recreating oldschool monster pathing? I am talking about the time where you could just run in a 4x4 circle and the monsters would never hit you because they never tried cutting you off :D
Not sure about the monsters. Some might've been close.

You will (probably) never be able to complete, for example, the map to 100% as the there is nothing to base the map on but cam recordings from that period (and they cover far from everything) and the 7.6 leaked Cipsoft map.

So one should not think in the terms, or be chasing the goal of completing their server to the 100% extent as it is very hard to do. Better to focus on important things like making sure the monsters works as intended, making sure there are no bugs in the NPCs, action and move scripts and so on. Once such important interfaces of the game is safe and secured, one can start working towards features like those we speak of in this thread.
Also, the nostalgic feeling can be reached without being a full blown perfectionist.

Finally, someone understands my plan!

Not sure about the monsters. Some might've been close.

You will (probably) never be able to complete, for example, the map to 100% as the there is nothing to base the map on but cam recordings from that period (and they cover far from everything) and the 7.6 leaked Cipsoft map.

So one should not think in the terms, or be chasing the goal of completing their server to the 100% extent as it is very hard to do. Better to focus on important things like making sure the monsters works as intended, making sure there are no bugs in the NPCs, action and move scripts and so on. Once such important interfaces of the game is safe and secured, one can start working towards features like those we speak of in this thread.
Also, the nostalgic feeling can be reached without being a full blown perfectionist.

I don't mind working hard on it and 7.2 is the same map of 7.4 just without Ankh.

Back