• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creating ots 7.6 - What do i need to do. (Learning purpose)

melon210

Reaction score
Hello I am interested in making my first ots 7.6. It does not need to be project where everyone will play, but I just want to create fully working server 7.6 on the VPS. However, I am beginner and I am not exactly sure how those things works. I will be using this project to learn on how to create servers like this.

Therefore I would like to ask what are the steps that I need to do. What enginge do I need to download and what should be done to ensure that it will works on the VPS.

Thread for disscusion because I will probably ask few more questions.

I feel like there won't be much support for 7.6 servers anymore.
There are a lot of deprecated functions and things. If you want to learn i would personally recommend you starting with 8.54 engines (TFS 0.3.6 maybe).
You will find a lot more support for newer TFS versions than for 7.6.
Those are few words from me, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

I feel like there won't be much support for 7.6 servers anymore.
There are a lot of deprecated functions and things. If you want to learn i would personally recommend you starting with 8.54 engines (TFS 0.3.6 maybe).
You will find a lot more support for newer TFS versions than for 7.6.
Those are few words from me, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

0.3.6 is also really old.

Topic:
If you really want to learn to script then use this: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver
It's still updated and I IMO even if Mark stops devloping it ppl will continue with it (atleast I will).
And compare that (even a month update) to a server that is never updated (avesta(7.x), 0.2, 0.3, 0.4) etc.
You will also have an easier time with coding, easier to find support (since alot of users are moving to 1.x) and will just have a better time, especially in the source code :p

0.3.6 is also really old.

Topic:
If you really want to learn to script then use this: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver
It's still updated and I IMO even if Mark stops devloping it ppl will continue with it (atleast I will).
And compare that (even a month update) to a server that is never updated (avesta(7.x), 0.2, 0.3, 0.4) etc.
You will also have an easier time with coding, easier to find support (since alot of users are moving to 1.x) and will just have a better time, especially in the source code :p

Yeah it is really old but if he wants to learn, 0.3.6 is great to learn some functions etc. I recommended him 0.3.6 because that distro helped me mostly to understand functions and things.

Yeah it is really old but if he wants to learn, 0.3.6 is great to learn some functions etc. I recommended him 0.3.6 because that distro helped me mostly to understand functions and things.

0.x is so compliated, ex. getCreatureMana and getPlayerPosition, both should return the player variables.
With 1.x we have Player:getMana, Player:getPosition etc.

Learning 0.x is just a waste of time since it won't go anywhere, compared to the 1.x series.
I also learned from the 0.x versions and it was worth it since ive used them for years, but it isen't worth it today.

0.x is so compliated, ex. getCreatureMana and getPlayerPosition, both should return the player variables.
With 1.x we have Player:getMana, Player:getPosition etc.

Learning 0.x is just a waste of time since it won't go anywhere, compared to the 1.x series.
I also learned from the 0.x versions and it was worth it since ive used them for years, but it isen't worth it today.
Well, maybe you're right but i still work on a 8.54 (0.3.6pl1) project and am happy with what i have. I had plans on transfering my project to 1.x but i'm too busy do to it. I didn't work on 1.x for too long to recommend it to people. But if you say it's WAY better, maybe that's true.

Well, maybe you're right but i still work on a 8.54 (0.3.6pl1) project and am happy with what i have. I had plans on transfering my project to 1.x but i'm too busy do to it. I didn't work on 1.x for too long to recommend it to people. But if you say it's WAY better, maybe that's true.

Tbh you can't even compare them, 0.x is that bad. xD

Back