• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom or RL map?

Which map should I use

• Total voters

Alcyone

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to create a OT Server with a PvP with some war system. The thing is that, when you create your character, you select to be part of one of two factions. The players can kill themselves if they want to or be friends with the other faction's players, but if they kill a player from another faction they recieve some kind of bonus. If I use a custom map, each faction would have its main city/capital and surrounding (really small) towns, along with the final quest (for both factions) somewhere in the map. The "custom" map would not be 100% custom. I would take parts that I like from other maps and add my own creations. With this in mind, I don't know if I should use the RL map or a custom not so big map. So, which map should I use and why?
Thank you! :D

custom for sure, the real map gets boring really soon and imo its better to create a map from your own imagination on how your server should look like!

Custom maps are awesome but only if they are well-organized. Full map with informations on server's site are important. Extra infos in towns using scripts what adds mapmarks or simple sings, but the 1st are better.

People are playing RL maps becouse they hate being stuck in a place without knowledge how to exit from there. Many custom maps are annoying. You are walking at level 10 through hordes of skeletons what are dying from one hit. And you see a hole, you are entering and... killed by a Lich or Dragon Skeleton. That's yeee...

It have to be well-organized. Without troll-trap like -2 level of sawers fully of Giant Spiders.

this is literally the feeling i get everytime i see an RL server pop up...
1653784_10152166649366418_699907018_n_zps8bcd48f5.jpg
1000956_665836633482478_1289599968_n_zps0ccb749f.jpg

Vs when i see a custom server with lots of nice features on its information
556315_503825856360781_72548548_n_zpsb4ff8111.jpg
1185193_560398600688737_462308657_n_zpsf9b2eb08.jpg

o_Oi'd say go with Custom, Like my friend DestinationSer said real tibia maps are getting boring and lame, Besides how could you even call a real map a server yours, all they are is a Big Copy/Paste of someone else's work no short of plagiarism!

Custom for sure, almost every server you find is RL map

that's true, but server with rl maps is suck i'm prefer server with custom map. You'll very good fun on the server

Back