• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cypher Online Rebirth System & Origins

Do you favor this system or another?

• An Alternative

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
cypheronline.gif

For the upcoming release and continuance/remodeling of my project from 2009, Cypher Online, I've decided to go on with a system that would replace vocations. Instead of vocations, each player would have an origin. Below, I'll describe just a taste of what an origin is.

Origins
None: Soul Fragment

Melee Origins
Mudperson: Uses Spears/Lances
+15 Axe Fighting

Scavenger: Uses Bows
+15 Distance Fighting

Magic Origins
Prophet: Uses Additive Magic
Only able to cast Healing and Enhancement Magic
Knowledge of Archaic Languages
Able to read prophecies

Evoker: Uses Subtractive Magic
Only able to cast damage and DoT Spells
Able to use their han to transform additive potions into subtractive potions
When in dire danger (10% hp or lower), a pet is summoned to their aide by the keeper.

Now, this is where the rebirth system comes in. Because my project is a low rate exp server (2-3x exp rate), with 100% custom monsters, I wanted to do something fresh, that would allow each player to experience any and all origins they desired, without making a new character. During Rebirth (all of which would be story based), players would receive the opportunity to restart at level 1. However, all their stats would be kept. So upon Rebirth, at level one, a player could have the hp/mana of a level 50 scavenger (Level 50 or 100 will be the level cap).

However, there's much more to the depth of this system than simply rebirthing and trying out new playstyles. There are secret origins, and there's a rebirth level/tally system. Each time you rebirth, you gain more and more knowledge not only of the process, but also the depths in which it can entail. There are "secret" origins that can only be unlocked/obtained via completing different quests which will include prophecies and a depth of teamwork unlike any other. Below I will state one of the "secret origins".

Secret Melee Origins
Untouched: Uses Shields
+20 Defense Fighting
90% Deflect Magic
Invincible to Paralyzation

So, my question is, do you favor a system like this with the level cap, or should a new systems be implemented in it's place. If so, what system do you have in mind?

Attachments

Last edited:
This seems like a very original project, and one of the few that Id want it to be online. Im sure that these "origins" are only a few examples, if you work on more different ones and manages to sucessfuly balance them including overlaping stats from rebirths, it would be a truly amazing system.

Looking forward to more information ;)

Alpha Testing
Client:9.6
Port:7171
IP:65.34.219.85

Ask for anything, fun wars and events will take place on fragments of a custom map.
Players start level 250 with magic level 10, i will be summoning monsters, items and ect for players that want to have some fun for a little.

Last edited:
This server will be a 24/7 live development project. Meaning it'll always be hosted. Expect constant restarts/reloads because of the updating of items, maps, monsters, etc. The decision to host it while creating the server is to draw interest to anyone who would like to see what stage things currently are, and to have a constant atmosphere of bug-testing. PM me if you find any bugs, and expect a forum to be opened soon for the server.

lol why do people steal all my ideas :( gonna log in noa

- - - Updated - - -

can i be linked to a 9.6 ip changer?

Yeah I found it afterward, sorry. Anyway, this ot is barely built. As dynamic as this experience might be, it's just dull. I don't understand your purpose in doing this as of now.

Last edited:
Yeah I found it afterward, sorry. Anyway, this ot is barely built. As dynamic as it might be, it's just dull. I don't understand your purpose in doing this as of now.

It's in Alpha Phase and I host it while I develop it due to me wanting to constantly test -every- aspect of -everything- as I design them, on the spot, and that way, people can jump in and test different components. Map isn't a priority right now, I have tons of pieces and contributions, so setting up the map will come afterwards.

I just don't see much of a difference in publishing it and keeping it private as of now. And this shit aint alpha, it's omega. XD
However looks fun so far. I wonder how the distribution/balance between vocations will be. And the vocation "reincarnate" seemed pretty nice, hope it has bestial outfits or some stuff.

Seems a very nice concept and i'll try it out when i get some more time ,
probably tomorrow or so ;)

I just don't see much of a difference in publishing it and keeping it private as of now. And this shit aint alpha, it's omega. XD
However looks fun so far. I wonder how the distribution/balance between vocations will be. And the vocation "reincarnate" seemed pretty nice, hope it has bestial outfits or some stuff.

I haven't "published" it, just let it known that im hosting it 24/7 for anyone to come see.

Seems a very nice concept and i'll try it out when i get some more time ,
probably tomorrow or so ;)

Thank you, glad you like it, and don't have too many expectations right now, because the mainframe of this server, such as custom weps and etc, is what's being worked on currently.

All of the weapon naming and stats are now planned out. Their effects (on-hit effects) will come as i develope the server/storyline. I can now say that all gear will be in a tiered format.

An example of a unique approach to vocations/roles on my server would be the Mudperson Origin. They can only wield lances (all of which are 2-handed and are registered as Axe Fighting), yet they're designed to be -very- capable secondary tanks, or dps. Depending on their choice of lance.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread has served it's purpose. Please close it. :)

Last edited:
Back