• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Delyria Evolution - 10.79 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure can take pictures ;)
Looking great, good luck.
Looking good as always :)
This look gooooood. Keep going!
Looks badass, I'll definitly try it out!
Thank you all, for your kind posts! However, we are looking to receive suggestions/feedback/criticism regarding the server so if any of you have any thoughts feel free to share them with us!

(The images are just there to add some flavor to the bumps)

Last edited:
About the whole character customization thingy, critical hit chance to be precice, I feel as if this would be too random and unpredictable. You could either get nothing for it or so so much. I think players would like it better if it was something like "damage increase" at a constant level, relying on luck can be a bitch. I love the other options of customization but the randomness is just frustrating for alot of people, including me.

About the whole character customization thingy, critical hit chance to be precice, I feel as if this would be too random and unpredictable. You could either get nothing for it or so so much. I think players would like it better if it was something like "damage increase" at a constant level, relying on luck can be a bitch. I love the other options of customization but the randomness is just frustrating for alot of people, including me.
Your idea is certainly a good substitute to critical hit randomness, but something like a passive damage increase is not as thrilling as seeing a "CRITICAL HIT!" appear on top of a monster. But if the players don't like the critical hit attribute, the first thing in the line to substitute it will be your idea. Thanks for sharing your idea with us :)

Also, here is a peak at the minimap, keep in mind that the final minimap will be bigger and there will be more continents.

Last edited:
I agree it may be frustrating to rely on chance, but a passive damage increase would be way too strong if upgraded to 25%. The current system will remain until we have a more balanced system to replace it with, if any of you have any suggestions what that might be, feel free to share it.

Also, here is a peak at the minimap, keep in mind that the final minimap will be bigger and there will be more continents.

Spoken well my friend, however, I never said the damage increase had to go as far as 25%, you could just keep it at perhaps 10% or something similar. Forgive me for being relentless, just trying to help out :)

Spoken well my friend, however, I never said the damage increase had to go as far as 25%, you could just keep it at perhaps 10% or something similar. Forgive me for being relentless, just trying to help out :)

Your opinion is valuable to us, I've edited my post.

Last edited:
or it can be random (up to x%)

I would like to apologize for the inactivity in this thread - the reason for the inactivity was due to lack of time, but since a week back we have been working hard on Delyria again, and we hope to have a BETA ready soon! Here are some screenshots, some of this content is from the download section and has been merged into Delyria - if you have created any of this content feel free to send me a PM and I'll leave credits.

gopMuNZxE.png

NzTS4MafI.png

1pUzggHyQ.png

347IgoxeT.png

Unfortunately I'm not able to post pictures of the new content today, therefore you can consider this as a bump with a minor changelog in it.

- The teleport room is completed, there are roughly 35 spawns which are all walkable.
- Blessing NPC added
- Teleport effects tweaked
- Client protocol has been updated to 10.78
- The map has been extended, mostly spawns
- A new city has been added, to supply the server with more houses & challenging spawns
- and much more..

new city? It will be empty, players will stay in main anyway

Looks great Chechlowski!
Don't lose your gusto, it looks like you're on your way to having a great server ;)

Red

new city? It will be empty, players will stay in main anyway
I don't doubt either that the players will stick to the main city, but keep in mind that there are only roughly 50 houses there and if alot of players would like to have their own house I think they will find their way to the other city(you travel there by carpet).
Looks great Chechlowski!
Don't lose your gusto, it looks like you're on your way to having a great server ;)
Red

Thank you Red, I'm hoping to have one of the most sustainable Evolution servers out there when I'm finished.

I don't doubt either that the players will stick to the main city, but keep in mind that there are only roughly 50 houses there and if alot of players would like to have their own house I think they will find their way to the other city
it's possible to have more houses on smaller area with less nature and narrow streets, you may also make use of higher and lower floors

Should do a poll for it just to see maybe? I'd personally love one

You need to specify why you would like a custom client, and if it should replace the standard client or just be a complement e.g? Unless there are plenty of features that require use to use a custom client I don't see any reason to have one really, or what do you think?

Feel free to create a poll about it, the result may affect our decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back