• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discussion about skills

Elaney

Reaction score
Im in a conflict between choosing to have 0 skillrate on my server and having it.

I want the server to be more balanced and equips should have a higher role in the game and i want to remove the level 8 180 axe/sword/m lvl going 1 shooting people.

What do you guys say? Would you play a server where you have ur base stats. Example: starting with 50 axe/sword and work on your gear to get higher skills instead of hitting monsters allday to gain it.

I generally keep the skill rates slightly higher than the experience rate.
If someone works hard to get 180 skills at level 8, then so be it. Why punish them for skilling first?

I generally keep the skill rates slightly higher than the experience rate.
If someone works hard to get 180 skills at level 8, then so be it. Why punish them for skilling first?

Its not about punishing people.

What exactly are you asking? Should people start with 50/50 rather than 10/10? Adding skill requirements on weapons?

normal server = 10/10, train on monsters to get x skills.

What i said = 50/50 (example) Get gear that adds x skills = no need to train.

no skill req.

So basicly just like the way deathzot equipment is set up. Ive seen a few server use it. So yes its do able. You really only see the on higher exp servers. All depends on your type of server. Honestly that's something I always liked doing was training 1-2 days then mass pg on a pally or knight and level a mage in the mean time.

Best option are items what adds health. My server have 2x skill rate, average skills without items are near 120, with items can exceed 200, but this is a uber end game item setup. Health is important, my max available level is 99. Mages have 500-600hp without items, 2k-3k with them. Leaving the damage unchanged, and lowering healing systems (like: you can't use potions while you are PZ locked) made my PVP fight very interesting.

Mages can beat everyone. Tanks/Knight can beat everyone. Same shooters. It's very balanced. I removed old Tibia fail-PvP where knight was immortality versus one mage. Also crowd-control spells are important. Running away on Super Haste was annoying for knights.

Items what adds +10% skills are better then flat. This makes players keep skilling.

About EXP rates: 99lv is max. 1-70 exp rate is 1x, after 70th level it drops to 0.001x at level 98.
Took that idea from Diablo II.

Try to change in sources or do a creaturescript what will make players run faster. Even on lower levels. Make base speed of 420 (100 level). I hated to walk from Venore to Cyclops near Thais with my level 15~

That's all what I can suggest. Hope you like or use it.

Last edited:
I'd suggest you to use a low skill rate and make it hard to train (costing soul points, gold coins, having time limit, etc)

Or every level you gets +1 to all skills till level 80~
This will make players able to have fun without early game skilling.

Best option are items what adds health. My server have 2x skill rate, average skills without items are near 120, with items can exceed 200, but this is a uber end game item setup. Health is important, my max available level is 99. Mages have 500-600hp without items, 2k-3k with them. Leaving the damage unchanged, and lowering healing systems (like: you can't use potions while you are PZ locked) made my PVP fight very interesting.

Mages can beat everyone. Tanks/Knight can beat everyone. Same shooters. It's very balanced. I removed old Tibia fail-PvP where knight was immortality versus one mage. Also crowd-control spells are important. Running away on Super Haste was annoying for knights.

Items what adds +10% skills are better then flat. This makes players keep skilling.

About EXP rates: 99lv is max. 1-70 exp rate is 1x, after 70th level it drops to 0.001x at level 98.
Took that idea from Diablo II.

Try to change in sources or do a creaturescript what will make players run faster. Even on lower levels. Make base speed of 420 (100 level). I hated to walk from Venore to Cyclops near Thais with my level 15~

That's all what I can suggest. Hope you like or use it.

That was some nice ideas you had there. But i dont like the feeling with capped levels on a tibia server. Then you need to have really alot of endgame stuff todo. But i liked the ideas might use one or two of them if im allowed :)

It all depends on what type of server you are making.

Training, making runes, chilling in towns, etc CAN be fun, and being overskilled for your level feels good, just like being overequipped, or rich.

Players like to be "the best", skills is just one more way of doing that.

Back